Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2019 GT3 RS Customizable Allocation

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 06:14 AM
Porschmich
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Year: 2019
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 0
Color: ANY
Price (no $ sign please): $100
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: PDK
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: None

Originally Posted by il pirata
As best we can the tell OP is a real person based in the mid-west, as such any further comments on pricing, trolling the OP etc are off limits, it's an ad.

Any more posting of information sent in a PM will result in a ban.
As it says in the rules this is a ad, you are not suppose to write anything negative. I know it is over the top because of what he is asking but what is over the top for one is not for someone else.
How many of you guys bought the last RS over M.S.R.P.,? Don't pay it. 50,000 over is just as crazy to me as 100,000 over. I know a lot of the comments are just for fun but if you go by the rules for one
comment you must stick with that no matter how crazy you think it is. Do you think the guy really cares what you write about his post? He is probably laughing just as hard at you guys as you are at him.
If it is a scam be careful as in all internet dealings. If not let him go. I have seen a lot of ads with the same excuses for these cars and all want to make money at the end. If you paid over M.S.R.P. for yours you have nothing to say about this ad.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:43 AM
ciphers
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like I said before, I can totally understand if you don't disagree with the price, that's fair, it's not for you, but there's no need for negativity. I am more than willing to share personal details with a legitimate buyer, I think that's fair to expect if you want a legitimate seller. I'm happy to speak to a legitimate buyer over the phone, meet in person if you're local. As il pirata mentioned, yes I'm based in the midwest, born and raised too. I'm not trying to scam anyone and will do everything I can do to assure you it's a safe transaction.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:28 PM
Speedster911
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 54 Posts

Deleted
Old 03-27-2018, 02:51 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,630 Posts

The mods have spoken, let it go members. If it sells it sells. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

I see the fun in this but practice restraint on joining the peanut gallery for the sake of forum decorum. Oh that rhymes lol
Old 03-27-2018, 10:19 PM
///msw3
Advanced

Default Re: no car

If he does not currently own the car nor does this actual car currently exist as of today, do the same rules apply that would apply to an actual existing car for sale?? This potential sale is no different then selling bitcoins that one has yet to mine he says he has an allocation, but I’ve seen no official documents between Porsche and himself, only his contract to potential suckers. I understand the rules that pertain to real cars for sale, but how does this fly? Dealer on my 997.2 GT3 changed rules/market value the night before deposit was due, so what protects a potential buyer in this situation?
Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
The mods have spoken, let it go members. If it sells it sells. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

I see the fun in this but practice restraint on joining the peanut gallery for the sake of forum decorum. Oh that rhymes lol
Old 03-28-2018, 12:14 AM
RadDoc24
Advanced

Originally Posted by ///msw3
If he does not currently own the car nor does this actual car currently exist as of today, do the same rules apply that would apply to an actual existing car for sale?? This potential sale is no different then selling bitcoins that one has yet to mine he says he has an allocation, but I’ve seen no official documents between Porsche and himself, only his contract to potential suckers. I understand the rules that pertain to real cars for sale, but how does this fly? Dealer on my 997.2 GT3 changed rules/market value the night before deposit was due, so what protects a potential buyer in this situation?

The contract that states the set price and the conditions of refund. Thought that was pretty clear in that contract to prevent any nonsense. If I am not mistaken that legally binding.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:22 AM
17bhub
Rennlist Member

Location: Where I get the fresh scent of spent Jet Fuel & see Cold Smoke!
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

I know there are forum rules but the fact of the matter is that topic has naturally and expectedly drawn lots of comment. I call it the CNN or Fox News effect (pick your poison) or even Twitter/Facebook whereby those media outlets are designed to draw opinion and commentary from all ends of the spectrum. Likewise this forum produces the same effect. The users can chose to participate or not participate (its obvious the thread has drawn lots of attention - good/bad/indifferent). Fortunately (or unfortunately), the moderators can sort of throttle the unreasonably negative commentary.

Further, as much as most of us don't like the ADM or flipper concept (me being one) I'd be surprised if the OP hasn't received a inquisitive PM. Likely that person will never be revealed until they show up with that ride most of us wish to have. Unfortunately none of us can control the ADM or flipper activity. On the other hand if one were to argue that Porsche should control it we'd all be complaining about them not picking us (sort of like the Ford guys that didn't get a GT even though they had good credentials). In all the contemplated scenarios somebody is not going to be happy (be it the seller, buyer, or one of us that didn't get an allocation, etc.).
Old 03-28-2018, 06:30 AM
gilly6993
AutoX

Originally Posted by RadDoc24
The contract that states the set price and the conditions of refund. Thought that was pretty clear in that contract to prevent any nonsense. If I am not mistaken that legally binding.
The contract states the price to the OP for the allocation. It also states that the MSRP is determined by the options selected. It then states a refund will be issued if the car can't be produced by the dealer.

No where does it say the selling price to the buyer from the dealer is MSRP!

What happens when someone sends him $100K and he gives them the dealer info and the dealer then tells the buyer the price of the car is $50K over sticker? The contract is still binding as it never specifically states the actual price of the car from the dealer, only that the money is refunded if a car can't be produced.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:44 AM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by signes
That isn't many for sale out of a US production run of 1,400-1,500 especially given the demand, capabilities for the price (nothing really comes close) and very hard to get .2 allocations.
McLaren 12C/570S/650S...
Old 03-28-2018, 11:40 AM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gilly6993
The contract states the price to the OP for the allocation. It also states that the MSRP is determined by the options selected. It then states a refund will be issued if the car can't be produced by the dealer.

No where does it say the selling price to the buyer from the dealer is MSRP!

What happens when someone sends him $100K and he gives them the dealer info and the dealer then tells the buyer the price of the car is $50K over sticker? The contract is still binding as it never specifically states the actual price of the car from the dealer, only that the money is refunded if a car can't be produced.
This,

Also, is the money going to be kept in an escrow account until the car is delivered? Too much room for the buyer to get killed if things go sideways
Old 03-28-2018, 12:18 PM
3_PDLS
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by misterwaterfall
This,

Also, is the money going to be kept in an escrow account until the car is delivered? Too much room for the buyer to get killed if things go sideways
x2. "IF" your going to pay the $100k finder's fee, then please stipulate it goes into an escrow account.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:46 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
This ^^^. So many trolls with too much time on their hands in this thread. Let OP do his thing. If the price is too high, the market will let him know.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:16 AM
RadDoc24
Advanced

Originally Posted by AC/911's
Ehhh... Some members (like me) don't wanna see someone get taken, the add to some obviously looked not to be real.

Everyone on here is an adult. IF they are willing to buy a 200K plus car I am assuming they got to that stage of their live's because they are business savvy and pretty intelligent. I mean its not like we are trading baseball cards. I say we just let OP do his thing and let the buyer handle the deal.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:30 AM
RadDoc24
Advanced

orthojoe, I have been part of the community for the past several years and really have learned a lot from all the contributing members. On this forum, however, as well as many other forums out there, we have issues with people instigating arguments with other members. No matter if you are a member with over 1700 posts or a member with 2 posts, as in this case, this should not be allowed. This case was a little over the top and posting personal information as well as PM (PRIVATE messages) on a public forum is against the rules. Also there were clearly comments made that tried to intentionally make the other user angry.... “I must have made so and so mad. I’m scared.” This approaches bullying. None of this contributes to the health of this community. I hope we can all learn from this and I will look forward to seeing informative contributing posts by you and the other members.

Last edited by points; 04-06-2018 at 12:17 PM. Reason: removing comments
Old 04-06-2018, 02:41 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 999 Posts

I have never had a post deleted, so I am posting here in this thread in the event that one of the mods can break my deleted post cherry.
I have nothing against the OP and what he is doing.
The free enterprise system and supply and demand is what makes this country the great place it is, so live and let live I say.
I just want to join the deleted post club.
I don't want to insult the OP or bully anybody, or make anybody feel bad or say anything bad about anybody or say anything bad about how they want to make some money. It's all good in my book.
I just want to have a post deleted so I can be in that club.
I would greatly appreciate if one of the mods can delete this post for me.
Thank you for your consideration.
DGrobs.

Quick Reply: 2019 GT3 RS Customizable Allocation