Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Porsche 996 Headlight Covers (all new design)

Old 05-06-2017, 10:42 AM
craig001
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Category: Exterior - Body Parts
Price (no $ sign please): $350
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 996
Location (Region): SoCAl
Item Condition: Brand New

This look good. I can't say I have even used my headlight washers abut would there be any state safety inspection issues since the turn signals are covered?
Old 05-07-2017, 12:32 AM
AndrewK996
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

@kardaddy I PMed you with my information for payment. You can email me directly at moderncla6@gmail.com with any other questions.

@craig001 these headlight covers do not cover the turn signals as they are still clearly visible in the headlight ring. The part of the headlight that gets covered up is the foglights (which I never use here in LA)

Regarding the pre-painted questions, apologies for the delay on responding. I will be looking into it this week with another paint shop in my area who is open to it. Trying to get a tally on how many people are interested and for what color. @Leadingedge I'll PM you directly
Old 05-11-2017, 11:42 PM
Robstevens
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Gosh get a set of these going for Mk1 996 lights.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:06 AM
Always wanted 1
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Robstevens
Gosh get a set of these going for Mk1 996 lights.
yes, please do.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:12 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 125 Posts

These look really great! Very well done indeed.

Cheers,
TomF
Old 05-13-2017, 05:55 PM
Robstevens
Advanced

Originally Posted by Always wanted 1
yes, please do.
Something like this:

Old 05-15-2017, 05:11 PM
AndrewK996
Instructor

Originally Posted by Robstevens
Something like this:

If I do a cover for the MK1 you just showed, it completely covers over the turn signals. Are there any good options for relocating the turn signals out there already for the MK1? Or would I need to figure out a solution. Alternatively, I could leave a window open for the turn signal, but then it wouldn't look as clean.

On a side note, regarding pre-painted covers, I spoke to several well reviewed shops here in LA and I found one that will paint the headlight covers at a discounted rate of $175 per set if I do a group deal. If you are interested, I need the paint code for your car which can be found using the methods here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...-location.html

The total price would be $390 + $175 = $565 paid via PayPal to moderncla6@gmail.com. If you want to do the goods and services option that will be $581.39 to account for Paypal's 2.9% fee.

A few notes: unless specified otherwise, I will paint the "headlight ring" the same dark grey non-metallic color shown in the pictures of my car with the rest painted the color code you provide me. Once I get them painted, the fee is non-refundable. Lastly, please be aware that there will inevitably be slight differences in the color compared to the color of your car due to the fact that paint fades with age and even different batches of the same paint from the manufacturer are slightly different. For a 100% color match, you would need to bring your car to a body shop which would do a side by side comparison and adjustment of the paint mixture.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:13 PM
tekkie
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

For me I want it just like you have there, my plan is to put projectors in and then to put the signal lights in those. Or the other option will be to mount turn signals in the bumper. Otherwise it will look totally silly like those ebay ones
Old 05-15-2017, 05:18 PM
AndrewK996
Instructor

Originally Posted by tekkie
For me I want it just like you have there, my plan is to put projectors in and then to put the signal lights in those. Or the other option will be to mount turn signals in the bumper. Otherwise it will look totally silly like those ebay ones
I agree, it will be hard to keep the turn signals and have it still look okay. Did this quick photoshop just to see what it would look like. Thoughts? Would definitely look cleaner to just cover over the turn signal entirely.
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
Besserwisser (03-02-2021)
Old 05-15-2017, 05:31 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,124 Likes on 3,900 Posts

Originally Posted by AndrewK996
I agree, it will be hard to keep the turn signals and have it still look okay. Did this quick photoshop just to see what it would look like. Thoughts? Would definitely look cleaner to just cover over the turn signal entirely.
That's actually not bad since there's already a body break line where the hood meets the bumper that you're continuing in that mock-up. The only other option might be to mount a strip LED light on-top of the horizontal strake in the radiator opening. I'd say that won't look very integrated, but probably wouldn't be far off what a 997 Turbo front bumper looks like, though that's also one of my least favorite bumper designs with the turn signal assemblies the way they've done them and the tiny round fog lights low in the bumper corners.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:31 PM
tekkie
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

its not for me

my plan is to cover it all and then to change to the projectors and integrate led rings for the turns like this
Old 05-15-2017, 07:36 PM
Always wanted 1
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I think that actually looks better than the MKII's
Old 05-15-2017, 10:02 PM
Robstevens
Advanced

Gosh even with that little strip at the bottom that does look pretty good. Agree cleaner with it covered completely, but you would have to do the LED from the 997 turbo or something and add to lower duct. Probably not that difficult, but the OEM LEDs are like $1000, but I would guess a resourceful individual could find cheaper. Either way, quite the transformation.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:36 PM
Southern Man
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Just mounted mine up today! I had the old style before, and these are SO much nicer!

The following users liked this post:
Garydose (11-08-2020)
Old 05-16-2017, 06:43 PM
Leadingedge
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clean

Originally Posted by Southern Man
Just mounted mine up today! I had the old style before, and these are SO much nicer!

nice

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Porsche 996 Headlight Covers (all new design)