Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Sold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Dealer Inventory 1992 Porsche 964 RS Cup -1 of the original 25

Old 05-26-2017, 12:44 PM
AMG USA
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 1992 Porsche 964 RS Cup -1 of the original 25

Year: 1992
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 964 C2
Mileage (numbers only please): 1241
Color: White
VIN: WP0AB296XNS420572
Price (no $ sign please): $450000
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 4 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: None

1992 Porsche 964 RS Cup Car.

WP0AB296XNS420572

This is one of the original 25 cars that were converted to race cars by Andial for the race series that never happened. As we all know, the story is that all 25 cars were converted back to street trim, and then some were sent back to Andial to reconvert them back to race cars.

At the least, this is one of the reconverted cars. However, there is a rumor that one car was never put back to street trim and slipped through. This car has been inspected by experts and there is no indication on the car of having been converted and reconverted. However we have no way to prove that.

This car is in brand new condition with only 1241 original miles.

If it doesn't sell sooner, it will be auctioned at Pebble Beach in August.

For more information PM, email or call. 800-935-9590 rw@atlantismotorgroup.com
Attached Images         
Old 05-29-2017, 12:05 PM
908/3fan
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Fantastic!
Old 05-29-2017, 08:39 PM
tiara4300
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I was signed up to race the series. They tried to force me to pay for the car even after they canceled . I should have kept the car....
Old 05-30-2017, 03:36 PM
AMG USA
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We have been poring through Porsche documents and have confirmed that this car wore number 25 when it was prepared for the series.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:54 PM
krush
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this really is a car that any a/c aficionado will truly relish. revs super fast, sounds amazing, and driving feel is second to none. the next owner is in for a real treat.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:31 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Special car here.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:32 AM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

I have had two of these US Carrera Cup cars in the past. One was an Andial car, #4, the other was not. I still have a lot of documentation on these cars, and as you stated, your VIN # was Andial car #25. These cars are fantastic. I only wish I had kept my Andial car. It was one of the best Porsches I have every owned and I have owned several Cups. To the best of my knowledge and from the records, all of the car were converted back to street versions before they could be sold (according to Excellence ,mag 2/93 article by David Colman). The Andial cars have had several items that couldn't be removed, including the roll bar points in the engine compartment. I truly believe the Andial cars, which were tuned at Andial at the time, were never detuned, but some dispute this. Does this one have the Carrera Cup plaque on the glove compartment, does it have the anti tamper seals on the motor? Those typically got lost or stolen through the years. Good luck on the sale.
Old 05-31-2017, 04:04 PM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

I own Andial cup #6, best car I have ever owned. I've heard the story of one non-converted cup as well- very hard to imagine that could have happened but who really knows, not sure how that would impact value if it was true. I would think that the cars that had documentation that they had been re-converted by Andial would be the most valuable.
Phil
Old 05-31-2017, 04:58 PM
AMG USA
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We have two 3" binders full of documentation on this car, including the original MSO, window sticker, invoice, original conversion photos, and ownership history, as well as all the race series documentation that was sent to the owners at the time, before it was cancelled.. As Clubrcr states above, we have been told that the roll bar points in the engine compartment had to be cut when converted to street trim, and that the cars that were then reconverted back to track had weld spots in the engine bay where the roll bar was reattached. This car has no reattachment weld points. The bar in the engine bay is a solid piece with only what appears to be the original weld. That's one of the reasons that some people suspect that this car stayed in race trim and slipped trough the process. Again, we have no proof that this happened. It's just a rumor possibly supported by physical evidence on the car.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:42 PM
AMG USA
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by clubrcr
Does this one have the Carrera Cup plaque on the glove compartment, does it have the anti tamper seals on the motor? Those typically got lost or stolen through the years. Good luck on the sale.
We have the Carrera Cup plaque, but its safely in plastic in a binder, and not in the car.

I have to check on the anti tamper seals to see if they are in the binders. In 2006 the engine went through a full service after having not been started for many years.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealer Inventory 1992 Porsche 964 RS Cup -1 of the original 25