Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1988 Porsche 924S For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 12:17 PM
newsvx
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1988 Porsche 924S For Sale

Year: 1988
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 42000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Brakes, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Black
VIN: WPOAA0925JN451578
Price (no $ sign please): $9500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

- I’ve had the car for almost four years. At my advancing age (going on 74), I find it harder every day to “fall in and crawl out”. Plus, at this point, I am looking for a bit more modern car.

- Price? Considering the low mileage (42,000 miles) and always being garage kept, I am asking $9,500. Seems more than fair with Hagerty Insurance saying last year that a #1 Concours example is valued at $22,200 and a #2 condition (mine is a solid #2 car), valued at $11,400. This year (2018), Hagerty has increased its value. This is not an average 1988 924 S.

Some details about the car:

- VIN #: WP0AA0925JN451578

- I am technically the third owner, however, the original owner that bought the car passed away and his son did not want the car. When I bought the car from a friend of mine that has a dealership, he had bought the car from the son to sell. The title went from the son to me. I have a copy of the son's title.

- I have almost complete documentation on the car, including the original invoice when sold in 1988 by Heishman Porsche / Audi in Arlington, VA (price then was $23,953.00), the original Build Sheet (in German but I have a translation of it), and receipts for all I have done to the car since I bought it three years ago. I doubt you will find many 1988 cars with this much documentation. The ONLY modification on the car are drilled rotors and stainless brake lines that I installed.

- The car has a sunroof (removable and has a cover for it when removed) both in perfect condition, cruise control, power windows, power brakes, Air Conditioner, AM/FM/CD radio (not original), heated and electric (power) side view mirrors, stabilizer bars front and rear, 3 spoke leather steering wheel, cassette and coin storage (I have removed that but kept it for the car), power antenna (build sheet says manual antenna - don't know why), wheel locks, tint strip in top of windshield (greenish in color and was an option on the car), original spare tire and jack (neither have ever been on the ground), original Porsche air compressor (used to inflate the space tire if ever needed – does not appear to have ever been used), original plastic sheets to “wrap the removed tire” (in the event of a flat tire) to prevent dirt on the inside of the car when changing the tire, original unused plastic GLOVES to use when changing the tire, and the original Porsche car cover with bag. I also have the original floor mats with PORSCHE embroidered in RED (the rubber backing is deteriorating (due to age, but the carpet portion is hardly worn at all). Everything on the car works.

- All original paint, except (it appears to me) the hood. I have no history as to when or why or IF it was repainted. If it was repainted, it was an excellent job.

- The car has always been garaged, and during the almost three years I have owned it, it has been in the rain perhaps twice.

- Maintenance is completely up to date. Before I drove it home almost four years ago, I had the car completely gone through, changing the timing belt and idlers (was not required due to mileage, then at 38K miles, but due to the AGE of the belt rubber, I did not want to take a chance), water pump, hoses, other belts and all fluids. One motor mount was also replaced at that time (the one next to the exhaust headers that always goes bad due to the heat). In the last two years I redid the brakes (new cross-drilled rotors (I still have the original rotors which are in great condition) and stainless brake line and new master cylinder recently). In December (2015), the odometer stopped working and I had it repaired (that small nylon gear that is prone to stripping had to be replaced) along with oil and filter change. Recent oil and filter change as well. Maintenance wise, it needs nothing.

- I would drive this car anywhere, any time.

- I have made up a binder with plastic inserts for all of the documentation described above and a Word document listing all of this. This is a well documented car!.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:54 PM
CPD 128
Track Day

Pm'd you. Awesome for sale ad!
Old 01-03-2018, 05:06 PM
ehuggins
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 11 Posts

This is a great car. Anyone who buys it will not be disappointed.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:10 PM
newsvx
Track Day

Thanks, Eric ... Good to hear from someone that has seen the car!!

Last edited by newsvx; 01-04-2018 at 12:14 AM.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:49 PM
Benjamin Cherry
Advanced

It may take the whole 40 years for me to get there, but I hope I am this organized and detailed at your age. Bravo, sir.

I’m in the market for something a little more contemporary but hot damn if that isn’t a well kept car.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:07 AM
newsvx
Track Day

Thank you Benjamin. You are too kind ...
Old 01-08-2018, 09:53 PM
Eturbo924
Instructor

Default Questions

Originally Posted by newsvx
- I’ve had the car for almost four years. At my advancing age (going on 74), I find it harder every day to “fall in and crawl out”. Plus, at this point, I am looking for a bit more modern car.

- Price? Considering the low mileage (42,000 miles) and always being garage kept, I am asking $9,500. Seems more than fair with Hagerty Insurance saying last year that a #1 Concours example is valued at $22,200 and a #2 condition (mine is a solid #2 car), valued at $11,400. This year (2018), Hagerty has increased its value. This is not an average 1988 924 S.

Some details about the car:

- VIN #: WP0AA0925JN451578

- I am technically the third owner, however, the original owner that bought the car passed away and his son did not want the car. When I bought the car from a friend of mine that has a dealership, he had bought the car from the son to sell. The title went from the son to me. I have a copy of the son's title.

- I have almost complete documentation on the car, including the original invoice when sold in 1988 by Heishman Porsche / Audi in Arlington, VA (price then was $23,953.00), the original Build Sheet (in German but I have a translation of it), and receipts for all I have done to the car since I bought it three years ago. I doubt you will find many 1988 cars with this much documentation. The ONLY modification on the car are drilled rotors and stainless brake lines that I installed.

- The car has a sunroof (removable and has a cover for it when removed) both in perfect condition, cruise control, power windows, power brakes, Air Conditioner, AM/FM/CD radio (not original), heated and electric (power) side view mirrors, stabilizer bars front and rear, 3 spoke leather steering wheel, cassette and coin storage (I have removed that but kept it for the car), power antenna (build sheet says manual antenna - don't know why), wheel locks, tint strip in top of windshield (greenish in color and was an option on the car), original spare tire and jack (neither have ever been on the ground), original Porsche air compressor (used to inflate the space tire if ever needed – does not appear to have ever been used), original plastic sheets to “wrap the removed tire” (in the event of a flat tire) to prevent dirt on the inside of the car when changing the tire, original unused plastic GLOVES to use when changing the tire, and the original Porsche car cover with bag. I also have the original floor mats with PORSCHE embroidered in RED (the rubber backing is deteriorating (due to age, but the carpet portion is hardly worn at all). Everything on the car works.

- All original paint, except (it appears to me) the hood. I have no history as to when or why or IF it was repainted. If it was repainted, it was an excellent job.

- The car has always been garaged, and during the almost three years I have owned it, it has been in the rain perhaps twice.

- Maintenance is completely up to date. Before I drove it home almost four years ago, I had the car completely gone through, changing the timing belt and idlers (was not required due to mileage, then at 38K miles, but due to the AGE of the belt rubber, I did not want to take a chance), water pump, hoses, other belts and all fluids. One motor mount was also replaced at that time (the one next to the exhaust headers that always goes bad due to the heat). In the last two years I redid the brakes (new cross-drilled rotors (I still have the original rotors which are in great condition) and stainless brake line and new master cylinder recently). In December (2015), the odometer stopped working and I had it repaired (that small nylon gear that is prone to stripping had to be replaced) along with oil and filter change. Recent oil and filter change as well. Maintenance wise, it needs nothing.

- I would drive this car anywhere, any time.

- I have made up a binder with plastic inserts for all of the documentation described above and a Word document listing all of this. This is a well documented car!.

odd thing... I thought the 1988 924s (as well as 944 and 928s4) all had three point rear seat belts? Looks like your car was retrofitted back to earlier rear belts. The rear carpets even have bump outs in hatch area for rear belt mount. Question...how is dashboard under that cover? Thanks.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:06 PM
newsvx
Track Day

Originally Posted by Eturbo924
odd thing... I thought the 1988 924s (as well as 944 and 928s4) all had three point rear seat belts? Looks like your car was retrofitted back to earlier rear belts. The rear carpets even have bump outs in hatch area for rear belt mount. Question...how is dashboard under that cover? Thanks.
I could not say, re the rear seat belts ... Seems like all 924S' and 944's I have seen were like mine, but I could not say for sure.
The dash has some very minor cracks under the dash pad. I can send you some photos if you would like .....
Old 01-08-2018, 11:20 PM
Eturbo924
Instructor

I could not say, re the rear seat belts ... Seems like all 924S' and 944's I have seen were like mine, but I could not say for sure.
The dash has some very minor cracks under the dash pad. I can send you some photos if you would like .....
yes if you could send me photos that would be great. Saw your videos at auto x. Nice drivijg
Old 01-08-2018, 11:31 PM
Benjamin Cherry
Advanced

I'll buy it if you don't tell my wife. Also, if I figure out where to store it.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:48 PM
newsvx
Track Day

Originally Posted by Eturbo924
yes if you could send me photos that would be great. Saw your videos at auto x. Nice drivijg
Thanks ... this is such a nicely balanced car!! Not real fast, but so much fun to drive!
Here are the pics of the dash ....
Thanks for the query
Harry

Old 01-09-2018, 12:05 AM
Benjamin Cherry
Advanced

SOLD, Benjamin ... My lips are sealed!! :-) The photo to entice you!!
Haha. How do you think would be best to get it to CT? And could we do some sort of deferred delivery? I'll PM you.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:30 AM
newsvx
Track Day

Originally Posted by Benjamin Cherry
Haha. How do you think would be best to get it to CT? And could we do some sort of deferred delivery? I'll PM you.
Shipping would be the only way, I think ... but I have no experience shipping a car. CT is really not that far from here in NW Virginia, Northern Shenandoah Valley - WINCHESTER, VA. Perhaps you could fly down and drive it back. Maybe not with all the snow on the east coast (we have NONE here in Winchester). As for deferred delivery? Sure, I am certain we could work something out as long as we aren't talking about an extended period .... We can discuss via PM or email or phone ....
Thanks for the interest!!
Harry
Old 01-20-2018, 08:48 AM
newsvx
Track Day

THE CAR IS NOT YET SOLD ........
Old 01-20-2018, 09:35 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 532 Posts

The folks at the RM Auction panel discussion on the Porsche market would jump all over this car... great car for under 10K! They would say you couldn't go wrong if you were looking for a transaxle car.

GLWS.

Quick Reply: 1988 Porsche 924S For Sale