Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1999 Porsche 996 C2 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 05:32 PM
aeichmiller
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Year: 1999
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 996
Mileage (numbers only please): 73000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Silver
VIN: WP0AA2991XS620076
Price (no $ sign please): $23500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Thanks for the feedback guys. Just to get it out of the way, price is negotiable to an extent. There certainly is a point where it will make more sense to keep it.

A couple of points I want to make related to what has been brought up. Prices for 996s is all over the place. You can find them for $15K or $30K. From what I have seen the really expensive ones are later cars or have very desirable option combination packages and lots of records. The cheaper ones tend to cabs, tips and all wheel drive (or some combination of those things). You also likely won't have the service records you are looking for. You can go for a cheaper one, but you need to plan to spend a few grand on the deferred maintenance (or just roll the dice). Or you can spend more and get one that has had those areas addressed. There is nothing more expensive than a cheap Porsche.

These are great cars. I think the haters are finally realizing that they are a great value and a entry point into the Porsche world.

BTW I am heading up to Watkins Glen for the IMSA race this weekend so I may be slow to respond. If anyone else is up there send me msg if you want to meet up for a bit.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:16 AM
aeichmiller
Intermediate

Bump and price drop to $23,500
Old 07-05-2018, 12:10 PM
rjcp1
Track Day

Within the 996 world the '99's have increased in popularity as well, with their cable throttles and very analogue driving experience. Does this car have an LSD aeichmiller? The full leather interior option in this car is a huge upgrade, and with all the maintenance completed I don't think the asking price is out of line. I would recommend the new owner replace the water pump preemptively to avoid a tow to the shop, but other than that this car looks like an awesome car (bias disclosure - I'm a '99 C2 owner).
Old 07-11-2018, 02:45 PM
aeichmiller
Intermediate

Bump
Old 07-13-2018, 06:33 PM
gstocke
Track Day

Place a picture of the option label under the frunk ! All Porsche water cooled 911 sellers should do that.
Old 07-15-2018, 07:30 PM
Jerbartolo
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There are so many 996's out there that prices are truly all over the place. After a few months of searching for a mint 996.1 coupe w/ manual my observation on the market is that well worn, high mile 996.1's w/ no record of IMS work tend to go for $15k - $17k. Good clean 996.1's with mid mileage and IMS done are around $20k $23k. Had I found this car a month ago I would have considered paying $23.5k for it.

For context, I just bought a mint 2001 996.1 in Rain Forest Green over Savannah w/ 68k miles, a brand new IMS and clutch, full service history, very low range 1 ignitions and 0 range 2 ignitions, for $25k and have no regrets. Did I overpay, maybe a little, but I wanted the absolute best 996.1 I could find and didn't mind spending a little extra for it.

Also, I missed out on a very clean 1999 996.1 (69k miles, IMS done) that the guy had listed for $24k. I offered $22k but the guy that came 1 hour after me paid the full $24k.

GLWS.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:35 PM
revlimitbounce
2nd Gear

I've *just* started looking, but if I had all liquidation of other personal stuff done right now to fund my 911 purchase, I'd jump on this one. I even have a very knowledgeable friend with 996 experience in MD who I'm sure would go look at it for me.
Old 07-29-2018, 10:28 AM
joseph mitro
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 158 Posts

beautiful car. is it lowered or ROW suspension?
Old 07-30-2018, 02:35 PM
aeichmiller
Intermediate

I believe it is stock suspension. Is there a way to tell by looking if a previous owner had swapped to the ROW Mo30?

Quick Reply: 1999 Porsche 996 C2 Coupe