Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

WTB Camber kit for 996

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 07:21 AM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 246 Posts
Default WTB Camber kit for 996

Category: Steering & Suspension
Price (no $ sign please): $0
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 996
Location (Region): Canada
Item Condition: Used

I installed H&R lowering springs and Bilstein B8s on my 996.2 C2 Cab this spring. Front alignment is acceptable, however rear camber could not be brought into spec. Just tick too much negative camber. All would be fine if I was exclusively tracking car perhaps, however I do a fair amount of street miles and am concerned about tire wear. As I understand it, there are two solutions available? One being replacing the four upper control arms with adjustable, the second being replacing the coffin arm (lower control arm) with an adjustable. Does anyone have anything out there that they are no longer using?

Thanks
Joe
Old 07-13-2018, 10:13 AM
steved0x
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Did your alignment shop specifically say that you ran out of adjustment on the eccentric bolt on the LCA for the rear camber or just that the minimum amount of negative camber they could achieve ended up being a little more than you wanted? When lowered, sometimes you can run out of toe adjustment which could leave you with either a lot of toe in (bad) or lots of negative camber that you can't dial so that the toe can be in spec.

I run -2.5 in the back with .08 degree of toe in per side (Boxster so not apples to apples), and I don't see excessive tire wear on the inner edges, and I do mostly track driving and highway driving.

If you have run out of to adjustment and that is what is limiting your neg camber adjustment, something like the below would allow you you get more toe adjustability and possibly be able to reduce your negative camber:

http://www.tarett.com/items/996-997-...lnk-detail.htm
Old 07-13-2018, 01:12 PM
JTT
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 246 Posts

Thanks Steve. I am maxed out on the adjuster for the LCA. They were able to get the toe into spec, but I'm not sure if they maxed out the adjustment on that to get there or not. I forgot to get a print out, but I "believe" the rear camber was maxed out at -1.9 with toe within spec.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:42 PM
haulinkraut
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So most people run out of camber adjustment because the run out of toe first. If you have adjustable toe links you get more camber adjustability.

Quick Reply: WTB Camber kit for 996