Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

FS: 993 Stratton Ducktail - New

Old 09-15-2018, 03:03 AM
samurai_k
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 124 Posts
Default FS: 993 Stratton Ducktail - New

Category: Exterior - Body Parts
Price (no $ sign please): $1400
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 993
Location (Region): NorCal
Item Condition: Brand New

I am going to reluctantly going to sell my yet to be painted 993 Stratton ducktail. If you don't know what this is, Gary Stratton in Florida hand makes these ducks by getting a stock steel decklid, cuts out the top of it out and then fuses a custom fiberglass ducktail to it. Fits and feels solid like a stock decklid, but half the weight as you don't have the motorized spoiler assembly.

Unfortunately for me my respray job is costing me more than I budgeted so want to free up some nice to have money toward the paint job.

I already have $1400 into the duck, which includes a donor decklid you have to sacrifice to make one, 1 round-trip sending the ducktail back to Gary for corrections, $200 of minor defect fixing by a local fiberglass expert, as well as two weekends of my time of fitment adjustments, prepping, and blocking it. If you have done any research, Gary charges $1000 for just the ducktail conversion without a decklid. I was able to negotiate the conversion and source a decklid at significant discount so passing on the savings to you.

At this point it is ready to be sealed and painted, which any painter can do easily as the labor intensive fiberglass prep work is done.

Posted are a few pics of what it looks like from a fitment point of view. You can see some of the resurfacing and glazing work to make it perfect. I will take more in sunlight.

I also have the following as extras... oem SC grill (pictures of it below installed on the duck), oem mounting hardware, custom grill material to make a bespoke outlaw one like this. https://www.x-faktory.com/store/p1/C...d_Grilles.html, and a pair of yet to be painted GT3tek RS splitters so you don't need to hunt down these things to make the hotrod/outlaw look complete.

$1400 OBO for the duck. Also open to a bundle deal. My preference is local pick-up.

I can bring it to Rennsport in a box to make it easy for you to slide in your back seat and drive it to your painter.

Thanks!

Last edited by samurai_k; 09-15-2018 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:45 PM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Stop tempting me to spend money that I shouldn't. GLWS!
Old 09-15-2018, 05:36 PM
Van Larson
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Stratton tail

great deal and product. Had nearly $2300 in mine and sourcing tiny and many oem grille parts was much time and $$. Prep work done big plus also. Some buyer should be real happy. GLWS.
Old 09-15-2018, 07:43 PM
samurai_k
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys.

Here are some test fit pics.
Attached Images    
Old 12-03-2018, 01:57 AM
samurai_k
Rennlist Member

Sold!