Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Sold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

BUYER BEWARE OF TRENDY996

Old 02-15-2018, 03:52 PM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Received 304 Likes on 80 Posts

Category: Engine - Exhaust
Price (no $ sign please): $1700
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 911
Location (Region): NorthEast
Item Condition: Used

Originally Posted by redmonkey928

interesting
Old 02-15-2018, 03:56 PM
trendy996
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A sharpie marker carries not merit. I know no one would believe something just bc it’s written. Would someone buy a baseball with some signature that said, Babe Ruth?
I went off the actual website
https://www.x-ph.com/enzo-performanc...-pipe-exhaust/
Old 02-15-2018, 03:57 PM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bhvrdr
Agree with Olegd. And perhaps not threatening the seller with a dispute and a forum bashing if he does not refund your money before he even gets the product back wasnt the best approach to take. Hopefully you all can come to a mutually agreeable solution. Perhaps someone out there wants a powdercoated exhaust?

Mike

i can admit when im wrong, im sorry if i sounded harsh or jumped the gun, however a few "tell tale" remarks and resistance all added up together in my head as a huge red flag, and now disputing the case with paypal instead of just refunding me is not cool when im out almost $500 already. i didn't come to the forums till he reopened the case and disputed my refund cause the pipes are painted. before that all he had to do was accept the return and refund the money, anyone with a brain, including him, knows the only reason i painted the pipes is because i was told it fit my car, i couldn't take my car apart and do a test fit prior to painting. that isn't reasonable or practical. again, he has the parts back, i want the refund, that's all, and we all move on.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:00 PM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by trendy996
A sharpie marker carries not merit. I know no one would believe something just bc it’s written. Would someone buy a baseball with some signature that said, Babe Ruth?

i didn't write 997.2 on the pipes. they came that way, i didn't inspect them for any writing, i saw no damages, i took the exposed pcs and sent for coating, the rest stayed in the box for a week. it wasn't till install that it was noticed. again please just refund me, you have the parts back, im sorry the tips are black, i only painted them cause i wanted them on my car, and you told me they would fit. not to alter your parts.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:13 PM
wearytraveller
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crazy someone would modify a part without test fitting and expect money back.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:14 PM
Agent Jester
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

then at least disclose to the buyer that it is marked "997.2". Definite pattern developing after failing to disclose right off the bat that the other partial exhaust you are selling "backed into something".
Old 02-15-2018, 04:17 PM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wearytraveller
Crazy someone would modify a part without test fitting and expect money back.

he must be your buddy, no one is that unreasonable.

right i should have had my mechanic take my bumper off and stock exhaust off just to test fit the exhaust, spend several hours in labor, then have him put the stock exhaust back on for a week while they are coated. then pay labor again for my bumper and exhaust to come off again for final installation. that makes sense when i was guaranteed fitment. im sure you would have done it that way,

also, if you want to be technical the parts weren't modified, they weren't cut, welded, bent, or anything of the sort. the coating can easily come off. hes just not doing the right thing

you are entitled to your opinion though
Old 02-15-2018, 04:22 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 259 Posts

Two more names to scratch off my list...
Old 02-15-2018, 04:29 PM
trendy996
Banned

When the powder coating is removed the laser etched logo will be able to been seen again? How does that work then? I can send the tips back for you to do this if you’re saying it’s possible. This would solve everything
Old 02-15-2018, 04:41 PM
bhvrdr
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
i can admit when im wrong, im sorry if i sounded harsh or jumped the gun, however a few "tell tale" remarks and resistance all added up together in my head as a huge red flag, and now disputing the case with paypal instead of just refunding me is not cool when im out almost $500 already. i didn't come to the forums till he reopened the case and disputed my refund cause the pipes are painted. before that all he had to do was accept the return and refund the money, anyone with a brain, including him, knows the only reason i painted the pipes is because i was told it fit my car, i couldn't take my car apart and do a test fit prior to painting. that isn't reasonable or practical. again, he has the parts back, i want the refund, that's all, and we all move on.

I didnt mean to sound harsh on you either. I do see your point quite well and it does appear the seller misrepresented the product significantly. I think you'll probably get a good solution. I know if Paypal doesnt work out that most credit card companies are even better than the Paypal protection. I know USAA is pretty aggressive in going to bat for their clients. Good luck. Hopefully it works out ok for all of you. Hope it also teaches the OP to be transparent in what he is selling too. Like the true history of the parts and knowing what you are selling. I feel bad for the guy that bought the cats. Catalytic converters are VERY delicate. The old saying is "If you drop it once, drop it twice" <--- the second drop being into a trash can.

Mike
Mike
Old 02-15-2018, 04:41 PM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

When the powder coating is removed the laser etched logo will be able to been seen again? How does that work then? I can send the tips back for you to do this if you’re saying it’s possible. This would solve everything

Sure, cover my freight in both directions, also cover the cost to powder coat in the first place, and cover my mechanics labor for when he went to install and the parts didn't fit that you guaranteed me would fit. Again i took that $450 as a loss and only asked for my refund back on the parts i bought form you, the $450 was the cost of learning a lesson and buying second hand and trusting someone, you're lucky i didn't ask for that and bring it to PayPal's attention............yet, i do have receipts obviously. Again im reasonable..............just refund my money, you made a mistake, and lets all move on. Unreal
Old 02-15-2018, 04:52 PM
Kevin86
Intermediate

To be fair the website has options for both the 997.1 and 997.2 as I know there are slight variances between the two.

Kevin
Old 02-15-2018, 05:11 PM
Rvca3112
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by olegd
Some lessons from this situation:
- Seller should always check and double check that item shipped is the item sold. In case wrong product is shipped seller should take responsibility for this mistake, this means full refund including shipping costs.
- Buyer should always examine the product received before installing or modifying it. In this case, the "997.2 " label on the pipe should've been a clue.
- I don't think that the seller was trying to do a scam or rip off the buyer. trendy996 has been selling on this forum for a while and I don't recall any other complaints about him. Seems to me he just sent the wrong part, either because he wasn't 100% sure what car this part is for or by simply packing the wrong wrong parts into the box.
when I’ve returned a item I’ve purchased from any company... they NEVER reimburse shipping.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:17 PM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rvca3112

when I’ve returned a item I’ve purchased from any company... they NEVER reimburse shipping.

I didn't ask for him to reimburse shipping, or the money i spent on labor, or on powder coating, i am taking that on the chin, all i am asking for is to be reimbursed for the parts i returned that didn't fit my car and weren't as described. The fact that hes trying to use the powder coating as a reason to not refund me is deplorable.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:17 PM
mtbnutty
Instructor

trendy996 has been involved in public disputes here on this forum before. He's already on my ignore list.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE OF TRENDY996