Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Sold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

BUYER BEWARE OF TRENDY996

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 01:58 PM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 81 Posts
Default BUYER BEWARE OF TRENDY996

Category: Engine - Exhaust
Price (no $ sign please): $1700
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 911
Location (Region): NorthEast
Item Condition: Used

BUYERS BEWARE OF......................... Trendy996

Long story short anyone buying part from this guy beware. Totally tried to scam me and rip me off.
I saw his add for 997.1 Turbo Exhaust, we worked out a deal. First red flag............He tried to get me to send the money paypal "freinds and family" to avoid paypal fees..........i refused and paid the protection fees thank god.
Exhaust arrives which he guaranteed me would fit my 997.1 Turbo 2009. so when it arrived i sent the tips out for black powder coating. (this cost me money)
When the tips were done my mechanic spends an hour or so taking apart my car (this cost me money) and the exhaust does not fit my car, its for a 997.2 Turbo
Now once i send him pics and videos he tries to get me to return the exhaust "no signature required" claiming in all the years hes never had a box stolen and they will leave it on his porch. at this point i refuse and decide to file the return through paypal who congratulated me for sticking to my guns and returning "signature required"........at this point all i want is my money back, im out $200 to my mechanic and $150 to my powder coater, plus shipping $50 each way, $100 total shipping.
I return abiding by paypals instructions signature required and now this guys has the ***** to dispute the credit saying i "altered the exhauset" by powder coating it, which i only did because i was guaranteed it would fit.

TOTAL SCAM!!!!! he tried to leave loopholes all along the entire process to screw me in the end. and now hes still trying. i see it all now. i pray paypal does the right thing and denies his dispute and credits me my money back. i have bought and sold tons of car parts on various forums over the years and never once had an issue.

anyone considering dealing with him deserves to know the headache im dealing with now. All i can say is im thankful i used and spent $ on the paypal protection, and sent it back signature required.

rant over

i have attached a bunch of our dialogue, one of my favorite parts is when he threatens to not make it easy on me if i go through paypal, all because he was ripping me off from day one.

Attached Files
File Type: mov
Video2.MOV (1.96 MB, 107 views)

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 02-16-2018 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Removed personal information.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:30 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 187 Posts

Don't have a dog in this fight but did you pay through PayPal with a credit card? If so, file a dispute with your CC company, show them that you've returned the item. Your CC company will fight it out w. PayPal by refusing to release the funds. PayPal isn't going to be stuck holding the bag for the seller and they will eventually rule in your favor. Unfortunately I've had to resort to this on a few occasions. Buying used car parts is a crapshoot, on this forum and elsewhere.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:42 PM
trendy996
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok so I always give the buyer the option. I say that I do not cover paypal fees. Never tried to get you to send it Friends and Family. I just left that as a option bc some people don't like the tacked on fees. Second I never told you to send it back w/o signature. I said to send it back for a refund. I did however tell how displeased I was that you powder coated the new exhaust where the companys logo was. I also warned you not to lock my paypal account up as I promised I would refund it. You insisted you want to do it paypals way. Paypals way is to return it as it was received. You went against everything. You are also leaving out a lot of text messaging. Which I will show so people can see your maturity about the whole situation. I said it would fit bc I went by the companys website.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:53 PM
trendy996
Banned

Old 02-15-2018, 02:57 PM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by trendy996
Ok so I always give the buyer the option. I say that I do not cover paypal fees. Never tried to get you to send it Friends and Family. I just left that as a option bc some people don't like the tacked on fees. Second I never told you to send it back w/o signature. I said to send it back for a refund. I did however tell how displeased I was that you powder coated the new exhaust where the companys logo was. I also warned you not to lock my paypal account up as I promised I would refund it. You insisted you want to do it paypals way. Paypals way is to return it as it was received. You went against everything. You are also leaving out a lot of text messaging. Which I will show so people can see your maturity about the whole situation. I said it would fit bc I went by the companys website.
It was altered based on your guarantee. Show all the texts you want. Left nothing of significance out. Do the right thing and refund my money. I didn't lock your account. I returned the merchandise. I will take this as far as I have to to get my refund. Even if it costs me more than the $1,700 just so you don't profit a penny from being dishonest. You have your pipes back. I'm already out hundreds of dollars. Just refund my money. I also have confidence PayPal will do the right thing. But this can be settled much easier. Just refund. Treat me as you would want to be treated. Unreal this is happening.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:58 PM
trendy996
Banned

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 02-16-2018 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Removed personal information.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:00 PM
trendy996
Banned

Old 02-15-2018, 03:02 PM
trendy996
Banned

Old 02-15-2018, 03:04 PM
trendy996
Banned

And here is where I didn’t try to make him pay as f&f

Old 02-15-2018, 03:08 PM
trendy996
Banned

What, this refund?

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 02-16-2018 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Removed personal information.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:25 PM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by trendy996
What, this refund?

I have been on the phone with Paypal several times today.................you reopened and are disputing the case because the tips are powder coated......................something i did based on your guarantee that it fit my car. i will send a pic of that...............please don't pretend you refunded me, you're still trying to screw me. im already out $450 because of you! let this go, really refund me and close the case.

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 02-16-2018 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Removed personal information.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:45 PM
olegd
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 145 Posts

Some lessons from this situation:
- Seller should always check and double check that item shipped is the item sold. In case wrong product is shipped seller should take responsibility for this mistake, this means full refund including shipping costs.
- Buyer should always examine the product received before installing or modifying it. In this case, the "997.2 " label on the pipe should've been a clue.
- I don't think that the seller was trying to do a scam or rip off the buyer. trendy996 has been selling on this forum for a while and I don't recall any other complaints about him. Seems to me he just sent the wrong part, either because he wasn't 100% sure what car this part is for or by simply packing the wrong wrong parts into the box.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:48 PM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 226 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...e-exhaust.html
Old 02-15-2018, 03:50 PM
bhvrdr
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Agree with Olegd. And perhaps not threatening the seller with a dispute and a forum bashing if he does not refund your money before he even gets the product back wasnt the best approach to take. Hopefully you all can come to a mutually agreeable solution. Perhaps someone out there wants a powdercoated exhaust?

Mike
Old 02-15-2018, 03:52 PM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by olegd
Some lessons from this situation:
- Seller should always check and double check that item shipped is the item sold. In case wrong product is shipped seller should take responsibility for this mistake, this means full refund including shipping costs.
- Buyer should always examine the product received before installing or modifying it. In this case, the "997.2 " label on the pipe should've been a clue.
- I don't think that the seller was trying to do a scam or rip off the buyer. trendy996 has been selling on this forum for a while and I don't recall any other complaints about him. Seems to me he just sent the wrong part, either because he wasn't 100% sure what car this part is for or by simply packing the wrong wrong parts into the box.

all i wanted was my refund, i didnt want to waste my time here posting. but felt compelled to. ill eat the shipping, but disputing me on paypal is not cool at all, he has the exhaust back.

Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE OF TRENDY996