Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

FS: Cargrapic headers for 981 Cayman /boxster

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 08:07 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 92 Posts

Category: Engine - Exhaust
Price (no $ sign please): $0
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): Cayman
Location (Region): SoCAl
Item Condition: Used

Originally Posted by hdekerme
why are you selling?

Sold my cayman and these dont fit on new car (991.2).

Work great, this is a deal if you are thinking headers or more power.

Used them for 2 years.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:06 PM
hdekerme
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arter
Sold my cayman and these dont fit on new car (991.2).

Work great, this is a deal if you are thinking headers or more power.

Used them for 2 years.
Nice! Congrats on the new car. The sport headers were cut out and rewelded?
Old 01-28-2018, 10:44 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hdekerme

Nice! Congrats on the new car. The sport headers were cut out and rewelded?
The can for the sport header cats is still there but the insides were removed. So yes we cut off one end, pulled the insides out, and then rewelded it.
The insides had gotten melted from tracking the car so they were shot. Sport cats dont last long if you track. I didnt know that when I bought them.
Now they are "race" headers.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:24 AM
arter
Rennlist Member

lower price
Old 01-30-2018, 07:06 PM
olegd
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by arter
The can for the sport header cats is still there but the insides were removed. So yes we cut off one end, pulled the insides out, and then rewelded it.
The insides had gotten melted from tracking the car so they were shot. Sport cats dont last long if you track. I didnt know that when I bought them.
Now they are "race" headers.
Are you sure about the "Sport cats dont last long if you track" statement? Cargraphic use HJS 200 cell cats which are top-of-the line German cats. I find it hard to believe they would melt from track use.
Soul Performance use the same cats in their products and include lifetime warranty on the headers for both track and road use. Would they do that for something that is likely to fail on the track?
I think we would hear more feedback from other drivers of this melting issue if this was a real issue. Maybe you are not telling the whole story?
Old 01-30-2018, 07:18 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by olegd
Are you sure about the "Sport cats dont last long if you track" statement? Cargraphic use HJS 200 cell cats which are top-of-the line German cats. I find it hard to believe they would melt from track use.
Soul Performance use the same cats in their products and include lifetime warranty on the headers for both track and road use. Would they do that for something that is likely to fail on the track?
I think we would hear more feedback from other drivers of this melting issue if this was a real issue. Maybe you are not telling the whole story?
Well, if you go to the planet 9 forum and search you will find 3- 4 cases of this happening with track use with the 981.
Maybe I am on the harder use end of the sprectrum. Gutted they work very well on the track ( and you get lower engiine temp without the cats too.
Vision motorsports were the ones who said they were melted insidde and converted them for me to continue to use.
Thank you for your kind words. Interested in some race headers?
Old 01-30-2018, 08:28 PM
olegd
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 145 Posts

I would seriously consider your headers if I owned a 981 The price is so low I am surprised they haven't sold yet! I am curious what were the conditions that caused this cat melting to happen? Long lapping session in extremely hot weather? Aftermarket ECU tune? I am only asking because I want to avoid running into the same issue, as I am running headers with 200 cell cats and will be tracking the car quite a bit.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:39 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

I would seriously consider your headers if I owned a 981 The price is so low I am surprised they haven't sold yet! I am curious what were the conditions that caused this cat melting to happen? Long lapping session in extremely hot weather? Aftermarket ECU tune? I am only asking because I want to avoid running into the same issue, as I am running headers with 200 cell cats and will be tracking the car quite a bit.
long runs and a tune might be it.

I am amazed they havent gone yet too. Such a value for race headers..
Old 02-02-2018, 11:41 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

new lower price
Old 02-03-2018, 12:34 AM
GTsauc3
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll take it. I'm located in socal. text me (310)692-7465
Old 02-03-2018, 11:44 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,453 Likes on 906 Posts

HJS or OEM....you will eventually have a failed cat if you track or use the car a lot on the upper rpms range. I had the same problem as the OP and had to remove the insides of my sport headers. Going with race headers this time.
I think the price for this set is a bargain on a quality item....

Quick Reply: FS: Cargrapic headers for 981 Cayman /boxster