Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Sparco SPX Seats/GMG Bases and Schroth Harnesses

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 03:06 PM
Arnage
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sparco SPX Seats/GMG Bases and Schroth Harnesses

Category: Interior
Price (no $ sign please): $6000
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 986, 987, 996, 997, Cayman
Location (Region): SouthEast
Item Condition: Used

I have two (2) Sparco SPX seats that are leather with Alcantera inserts and carbon fiber shells. These seats were installed in a Cayman S for several PCA driver’s ed events by the PO. You can find details on the seats here: https://www.sparcousa.com/product/spx. Sparco sells them for $3,100.00 each. The seats are in as new condition except for about a 4-inch cut in the stitching between the Alcantera pleats to allow the sub-belts to pass through. Alcantera material not cut just the seam stitching. Could be re-stitched but necessary for sub-belts. I also have a set of GMG Racing seat bases with sliders. Details on the bases can be found here: https://shop.gmgracing.com/products/gmg-seat-base. The bases and sliders sell for $595.00 each and according to their website fit all 991-gen, 997-gen, 996-gen 911's; and all 987, 986, 981-gen Caymans and Boxsters. Total cost for both seats, bases and sliders was $7,390.00. I will sell for $5,500.00 based on local pickup. I also have two sets of red Schroth Enduro 2x2 HANS harnesses which were installed with the seats. They too are in like new condition and are valid thru 2022. Schroth sells the harnesses for $595.00 each. I will sell the pair for $650.00 or $350.00 each plus shipping, if desired. I will sell the total package (seats, bases/sliders and harnesses) for $6,000 based on local pickup. This package is great for a multi-purpose street and track car as you have the convenience of a comfortable, adjustable folding seat for the street and a very supportive seat for the track.

[left]

Old 08-09-2018, 04:54 PM
Arnage
Rennlist Member

Seats, Bases/Sliders and Schroth harnesses now advertised separately on eBay. I did this because I had interest in individual components.
Seats Item no. 202392111111
Bases/Sliders Item no. 202397501535
Harnesses Item no. 202397499744
Old 08-10-2018, 09:24 AM
Arnage
Rennlist Member

Schroth harnesses are sold. Seats, bases and sliders still available.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:17 PM
Arnage
Rennlist Member

Several members have observed that the side mounts are not included, which is correct. I have researched side mounts and found that they range from $75/pair or less. The more expensive ones I found were Sparco. As noted in my initial post, the seats were installed in a 2014 Cayman S I recently purchased. The Sparco SPX seats are bottom mount and therefore do not require the side mounts. I removed those seats and reinstalled the factory seats since I have no intention of tracking the car. I have race cars for that purpose.

Quick Reply: Sparco SPX Seats/GMG Bases and Schroth Harnesses