Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1986 Porsche 944 Turbo (no engine)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 01:26 PM
SCEV
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo (no engine)

Year: 1986
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Cont. Porsche Models: 944 Turbo
Mileage (numbers only please): 128207
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Alarm System, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Grey
VIN: WP0AA0950GN155306
Price (no $ sign please): $3000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Other
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Bought this 1986 951 for $5k back in 2012, then converted it to electric drive. I've decided to move on to a new project, so I'm selling off all my Porsche stuff. Engine/turbo/KLE/DMR/radiator/etc. have been removed, small "battery box" is where radiator used to be. Gas tank has been removed, and trunk now has a "battery box" in it's place. All exhaust piping has been removed. Saved the AC compressor, so that comes with it. Have the "batwing" and other underneath panels that most of these cars lost over the years. Pretty sure all electrical items on the car work, including clock...only items I know not working are brake pad sensors (they were removed) and cigarette lighter (I removed and put in a RJ45 coupler for diagnostics). All the random wiring you see hanging in the engine bay and underneath the car is just leftover from me removing all EV components, and will be removed. All factory wiring harness' still in place.

Since I got the car, I had the windshield/antenna replaced, upgraded all suspension components, replaced hood/trunk gas struts and rebuilt the power steering rack. Electric power steering pump and the adapter/coupler bolted to the torque tube shown in the pics will be removed. Have lots of additional extra parts I got from Brian944Turbo, just never installed them, shown in pics...includes all parts necessary to convert to power door locks. I do not have the alarm key. Rear interior panels are currently removed, had them out to upgrade the speakers, but never got around to it.

Car has one rust spot, below back of passenger door. After removing the rear interior panels, noticed the speaker cutout is different on that side, so I'm assuming that whole rear passenger side quarter panel was replaced at some point, even though the PO said it was "never wrecked".

Let me know what other questions you have...looking forward to getting this out of the garage (well, wife is)!

- Scott

Gap between stock floor and battery box.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:32 PM
SCEV
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump 👊🏻

Quick Reply: 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo (no engine)