Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

WTB: 95-98 993 Stock 2S Coupe 6-speed

Old 07-31-2018, 08:56 PM
gcc
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: 95-98 993 Stock 2S Coupe 6-speed

Year: 1995
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 50000
Color: any other than red or yellow
Price (no $ sign please): $1
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: None

Searching for a 95-98 993 2S Coupe 6 speed. Will consider any color other than red or yellow. There's a beautiful 97 zenith blue in the classifieds, but it's a 4S ... darn.

Under 100k miles with factory original powertrain, features, paint, etc. Stock preferable. And legit records attesting authenticity/originality a huge plus worthy of a reasonable premium.

Doing my best to avoid those swing for the fences ebay-type sellers that think their 100K miles 993 Tiptronic with no records other than last month's oil change should easily sell for a gazillion dollars...

Many thanks in advance for any and all leads!!
Old 07-31-2018, 10:10 PM
AC/911's
Banned

Received 94 Likes on 49 Posts

97/98 only

Old 08-01-2018, 12:58 AM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by gcc
Searching for a 95-98 993 2S Coupe 6 speed. Will consider any color other than red or yellow. There's a beautiful 97 zenith blue in the classifieds, but it's a 4S ... darn.

Under 100k miles with factory original powertrain, features, paint, etc. Stock preferable. And legit records attesting authenticity/originality a huge plus worthy of a reasonable premium.

Doing my best to avoid those swing for the fences ebay-type sellers that think their 100K miles 993 Tiptronic with no records other than last month's oil change should easily sell for a gazillion dollars...

Many thanks in advance for any and all leads!!
Sir the 993 C2S was not offered on M/Ys 1995 or 1996. It would help if you also include your max budget under price other than a $1. GLWSearch.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:07 PM
gcc
Cruisin'

Sorry gents, was typing the original post too quickly. yes, 97/98. Would like to stay in the 80s if possible, and looking for something to actually drive; not a trailer queen, even though there are some absolutely beautiful examples of the latter in the Classifieds here and elsewhere.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:11 PM
centofamily
Intermediate

I have a 12k mile for sale on here! https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...400-miles.html
Old 08-01-2018, 07:58 PM
gcc
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by centofamily
I have a 12k mile for sale on here! https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...400-miles.html
Centofamily, many thx for the link. PM sent
Old 08-03-2018, 11:38 PM
Paolo1
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

Original paint and also not a trailer queen. I will be watching this and wishing you great success!
Old 08-20-2018, 01:10 PM
gcc
Cruisin'

Hey guys. Hoping to get some sage advice from the crew. Came across a mechanically sound C2S. Checked out by a nationally recognized shop and good on all accounts. Strong even compression, no leaks other than minor oil (nothing from valve cover gaskets - they're dry), #s matching, etc.

Problem is with accidents. One shows up on Carfax and another doesnt but we know it's there based on some super light panel work in a very small area (still original panel w factory welds). No detailed records of the damage/repair exist, but whatever repair was done seems to have been done to a high standard. No visible signs of any major impact damage or affecting the chassis, suspension, etc. No evidence of body filler. In fact, the shop cant even see any signs of the Carfax accident, and would have to start disassembling it to fully confirm. Also, car received a full body respray at some point, and that also shows to have been done to a high standard. Paint meter doesnt show anything over .010" with relative uniformity.

So question is this: I want a driver that I'm not afraid of driving, but how many accidents (without records) are too many accidents (even if seemingly not major) and at what cost to price? There are numerous threads on here about how - and to the extent that - accidents impact value, but this seems to be going into the multi-hit area. Good solid car mechanically, but these accidents are throwing me for a big loop...
Old 08-20-2018, 01:19 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 375 Posts

To me part of the response has to consider your intended/expected ownership duration, with the longer duration having less impact, and shorter having more. Regardless, whenever you sell, you'll have to sell that issue, too.

I also wouldn't hesitate to make that a key part of your purchase negotiation.
Old 08-20-2018, 02:59 PM
gcc
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
To me part of the response has to consider your intended/expected ownership duration, with the longer duration having less impact, and shorter having more. Regardless, whenever you sell, you'll have to sell that issue, too.

I also wouldn't hesitate to make that a key part of your purchase negotiation.
Yup, and therein lies my struggle. I always plan on keeping these sorts of things for a while ... until I dont. I can handle one accident and can price accordingly, but a second one throws things out of whack - even if neither are seemingly major - from pricing and the issues that I'll have to one day sell myself.

Am I overthinking this?
Old 09-17-2018, 09:44 PM
993turboplease
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe you are interested in mine? I am about to post it for sale up on Rennlist in the next week or so anyways, but I found your WTB ad when I was researching what price to put it up for.
1996, 6 speed, black C2, no issues with it. Owned it for 11 years.
Clutch and LSD both wore out and were replaced at 67000 kilometers.
Over one winter I did not drive it enough and valve seals had to be replaced.
But basically my 911 has no issues.
The catch is (might not be a catch for you!) the car is in Canada. Although it was originally from Santa Rosa California, the odometer would have to be converted back to miles. It has 108000 kilometers currently which is 67000 miles.
Anyway if interested prior to me posting it, PM me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTB: 95-98 993 Stock 2S Coupe 6-speed