Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Be Careful of Scammer!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 02:54 PM
Holdens
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 141 Posts

21212 tried to scam me as well.

I refused to send PP F&F... I did send a payment to him via paypal (normal). He/she rejected it and refunded me...

I found the email of the person who "owns" handle ... 21212 ... ny21212@yahoo.com (it was publically displayed in an old post).. I emailed that address claiming that someone may be using their rennlist account to scam people... (or maybe the person I emailed wa the scammer... who knows..)

That email lists their name as: Ronald Robbins....

Hope it works out for you.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:35 PM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 198 Posts

Please read my post tonight, Tuesday, August 21, 2018, in the new "Classified Sub Forum for Buyer/Seller Feedback."

Please let our administrators know whether or not you feel this new forum should be expanded as described in my post.

Thank you for your interest!!
Old 08-22-2018, 04:08 AM
Slow_997
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 40 Posts

He tried to scam me last week also for a OEM gt3 front bumper ..wanted payment through friends and family but I did not do it ...hate scammers
Old 08-22-2018, 07:35 AM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Holdens
21212 tried to scam me as well.

I refused to send PP F&F... I did send a payment to him via paypal (normal). He/she rejected it and refunded me...

I found the email of the person who "owns" handle ... 21212 ... ny21212@yahoo.com (it was publically displayed in an old post).. I emailed that address claiming that someone may be using their rennlist account to scam people... (or maybe the person I emailed wa the scammer... who knows..)

That email lists their name as: Ronald Robbins....

Hope it works out for you.
Any possibility of getting the ship from address through PayPal? This guy must be stopped!!
Old 08-22-2018, 11:38 AM
Holdens
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 141 Posts

Here is a pic from his photo bucket account...

http://s1354.photobucket.com/albums/q687/ronrobins/

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/...TguanBn/?ref=1

If anyone can tie license plate to an address....
Old 08-22-2018, 06:28 PM
Steve 911
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Holdens
Here is a pic from his photo bucket account...

http://s1354.photobucket.com/albums/q687/ronrobins/

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/...TguanBn/?ref=1

If anyone can tie license plate to an address....
Running the plate through vinwiki ties it to a 2012 Cayman S. I wonder if that is a recent pic or if they've moved on and that is why they are here in the first place?
Old 08-22-2018, 06:54 PM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Steve 911
Running the plate through vinwiki ties it to a 2012 Cayman S. I wonder if that is a recent pic or if they've moved on and that is why they are here in the first place?
When you think this through, we are not sure that the photograph is the photograph of the Scammers car. We are not sure if the Scammer has a car. Just because there is a photograph of a car, doesn't necessarily tie the car to the Scammer. The Scammer may be using a fictitious address, phone number, and someone else's email address. These people are clever .He knows he's hot. He may be reading our posts. I would expect him to return under a completely different identity.
Further, a person with bad intentions can join our site and begin scamming.
Fortunately, we have a buyers/sellers feedback forum and suspicious activity can be reported before he victimizes multiple members .positive and negative experiences can be posted.
Please, I am not being negative. A thief will always find a way to steal. We have been alerted and we are aware of this occurring. We are taking steps to minimize this from occurring in the future. Thanks for your time.
Old 08-22-2018, 07:03 PM
TurboIXXI
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's another post that is a scam. I found the original member's email address and he has no idea that this scammer is using his rennlist user name.

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...-gt3-pair.html

Also, the last admin i contacted regarding a scam did not get back to me until a few weeks later.....
Old 08-22-2018, 07:35 PM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

I had a long conversation with a PayPal agent yesterday, regarding protection from scammers. The agent was very helpful. I want to share the following information that I learned yesterday:
The first is never send or order packages by way of "friends and family." "Friends and family" affords no protection in the event of a dispute.
PayPal's maximum protection provided is PayPal's "Goods and Services" method of shipping. If Payment is accepted through this shipping method and your package is not received, PayPal, according to the agent, will pay the claim. (According to the agent.) .

It is important to note that reimbursement for orders paid under PayPal's "Goods and Services" is not absolute. For instance, if I order and pay for a radio under PayPal's "Goods and Services," and the radio is received, the package opened contains a toy radio, the claim will be rejected by PayPal.

​​​​​​Be careful.

Thank you .

Last edited by Twilightblue28A; 08-22-2018 at 07:51 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:46 PM
HarmonyJim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 45 Posts

Like this if I were selling a key fob.
On one of the Ducati forums I belong to, it is required that your Avatar ID must be in the foreground of the photograph of each separate item listed for sale. At least we can see the item for sale and know the seller has at least close access to the item. Unfortunately, still "many a slip twix the cup and the lip" possible.
Old 08-22-2018, 09:05 PM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

I have no objection to providing some form of identification when posting part(s) for sale and viewing parts that I want to buy.

Images on the Internet are easy to copy and post on the Internet for sale, not by the owner.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:32 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

I have also seen scammers hack an old Rennlist account that has multiple posts associated with it and use that as their starting point to post for sale ads etc. So post count isn’t everything.

What I have learned is to ask for more very specific pictures of the item for sale, if they can’t produce it they’re either scams or just not that interested in selling. Either way I bow out if I don’t get the response I want.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:59 PM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

Really good point. In my case, Ed Carl responded to all of my questions regarding fittings , wiring harness, operators manual, and even included a seven (7) day return, if anything on the radio he was purportedly selling failed to operate. Photographs were provided.

​​I followed up with another email letting Ed Carl know that I had been told that the radio Ed Carl was purportedly selling has a different sleeve and retainers than most DIN radios. No response. It was only after I tried calling Ed Carl at the number Ed Carl provided, that I received the number out of service message.

I completely agree. Ask questions!! Hopefully our new buyer/seller forum will minimize scams by providing positive and negative feedback from buyers and sellers!!

Thank you

​​​​
Old 08-23-2018, 08:33 AM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

That sucks, hope it all works out

Also I trust no one with two first names

Quick Reply: Be Careful of Scammer!!!!