Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Clean & Tight 1987 911 Coupe

Old 09-27-2018, 11:28 PM
wesr
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Clean & Tight 1987 911 Coupe

Year: 1987
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 162500
Color: Grand Prix White
VIN: WP0AB0919HS121202
Price (no $ sign please): $41000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorCal
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

Selling my 1987 911 Coupe with 162k miles. Price is $41k. Car is located in San Francisco Bay Area. This is an super clean, excellent driver-quality vehicle that pulls strong, feels tight, and turns heads.

HISTORY
Purchased from a fellow Pelican member in Las Vegas in Feb 2012 at 133k miles. Outside of its time in Nevada, it's been a California car. I have all my records, along with the PO's, and a couple receipts from the owner before him. Also have the owners manuals with dealer stamps and a photocopy of the original window sticker.

In my 6 1/2 years of ownership I've thoroughly enjoyed and cared for this 911 which is my first Porsche. I estimate I've spent upwards of $25k in maintenance, parts, and upgrades to date. Wish I could keep it but selling to make room for a 993.

CONDITION
Original Grand Prix White paint that looks great. Always garaged and covered. Polished and ceramic coated earlier this year. No accident damage. All original panels. No door dings. The deck lid is not original. One of the former owners put on a MA Shaw ducktail to backdate it. The PO removed and found a used decklid. Small 2 1/2 inch scratch on top of left front fender that was there when I bought the car.

One note: a tire shop incorrectly lifted the car and bent a 2 inch section on each rocker panel. The rockers were straightened and repainted by a reputable Porsche body shop. They also did the valence and bumper due to pitting/rock damage. The bumper color matches perfectly, but the valence and rockers have yellowed a bit over time (color matched initially). Unfortunately the shop owner retired shortly after the work was done. I'd planned to have it re-done but hadn't gotten to it.

Marine blue interior is also very clean. No rips or tears. No dash cracks or warping. Front leather seats have been "restored" with new foam bottom and leather was re-dyed. Carpets are clean and no stains. There is some staining on the headliner around the sunroof from water intrusion. Not major but noticeable.

As mentioned, engine is responsive and pulls strong up to redline. G50 transmission shifts smooth and has no issues.

PO removed AC components, which I have. Car passes CA smog with no problems.

MAINTENANCE HIGHLIGHTS
-Previous owner did the top end on the engine at 124k. Have some photos and documentation.
-Clutch and oil seals replaced at 146k
-A-arm bushings, Turbo tie rods, ball joints, and sway bar bushings at 149k
-Bridgestone RE-11's at 158k
-Oil change done in Feb before bi-annual smog check
-A small oil leak has developed. I have not traced it. Engine had been dry for 4 years after I replaced all known leaky oil seals during an engine drop.
-Within the past two months I added the short shift kit, replaced the brake rotors, flushed the brake lines, and cleaned/repacked the CV joints and replaced the rubber boots.

UPGRADES
-Steve Wong chip (have original chip for smog)
-M&K 1-in-1 out exhaust
-M&K pre-muffler (have Catalytic Converter)
-Strut tower brace
-Zimmerman cross-drilled rotors front & back
-WEVO G50 short shift kit
-H4 headlamps with city lights
-Hella horns
-Rennline Aluminum door handles
-Momo Competition steering wheel with Porsche crest (have original steering wheel)
-Porsche CR-220 radio paired with a Kenwood compact amp and Kenwood compact subwoofer (under passenger seat)
-Light window tinting on side and rear glass
-CeramicPro coating

PPI's welcome. I can provide or take more photos upon request.
Attached Images           

Last edited by wesr; 10-03-2018 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Removed Rennsport information
Old 09-29-2018, 03:10 PM
brandonecpt
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 32 Posts

I wish I had my car sold, I'm in love with this color combination. GLWS.
Old 09-29-2018, 06:37 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

So much want! Timing isn't right or I'd be all over that beauty. I'd use it for a daily year-round.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:11 AM
CMHill
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still Available?

Love your G50.

is it still available or did it sell at RRVI?

Old 09-30-2018, 06:30 PM
wesr
Rennlist Member

Default Yes still available

It’s a great car! Feel free to send me an email - w.rodda at yahoo dot com.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:28 PM
wesr
Rennlist Member

Received plenty of interest but no serious offers yet. This is a fantastic car that looks and drives as if it had half as many miles on the clock. Not all miles are equal!

Open to reasonable offers. Check out BaT for comp sales.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:41 AM
luft
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

surprised you did not sell your car at the Rennsport RRVI meeting, GLWS.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:35 AM
wesr
Rennlist Member

Still available and looking for that serious buyer (receiving steady inquiries).
Old 10-19-2018, 01:56 PM
C4TT
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

FYI some guy is trying to sell your car on Craigslist for 21k. https://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/c...716399933.html
Old 10-19-2018, 01:58 PM
C4TT
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by wesr
Selling my 1987 911 Coupe with 162k miles. Price is $41k. Car is located in San Francisco Bay Area. This is an super clean, excellent driver-quality vehicle that pulls strong, feels tight, and turns heads.

HISTORY
Purchased from a fellow Pelican member in Las Vegas in Feb 2012 at 133k miles. Outside of its time in Nevada, it's been a California car. I have all my records, along with the PO's, and a couple receipts from the owner before him. Also have the owners manuals with dealer stamps and a photocopy of the original window sticker.

In my 6 1/2 years of ownership I've thoroughly enjoyed and cared for this 911 which is my first Porsche. I estimate I've spent upwards of $25k in maintenance, parts, and upgrades to date. Wish I could keep it but selling to make room for a 993.

CONDITION
Original Grand Prix White paint that looks great. Always garaged and covered. Polished and ceramic coated earlier this year. No accident damage. All original panels. No door dings. The deck lid is not original. One of the former owners put on a MA Shaw ducktail to backdate it. The PO removed and found a used decklid. Small 2 1/2 inch scratch on top of left front fender that was there when I bought the car.

One note: a tire shop incorrectly lifted the car and bent a 2 inch section on each rocker panel. The rockers were straightened and repainted by a reputable Porsche body shop. They also did the valence and bumper due to pitting/rock damage. The bumper color matches perfectly, but the valence and rockers have yellowed a bit over time (color matched initially). Unfortunately the shop owner retired shortly after the work was done. I'd planned to have it re-done but hadn't gotten to it.

Marine blue interior is also very clean. No rips or tears. No dash cracks or warping. Front leather seats have been "restored" with new foam bottom and leather was re-dyed. Carpets are clean and no stains. There is some staining on the headliner around the sunroof from water intrusion. Not major but noticeable.

As mentioned, engine is responsive and pulls strong up to redline. G50 transmission shifts smooth and has no issues.

PO removed AC components, which I have. Car passes CA smog with no problems.

MAINTENANCE HIGHLIGHTS
-Previous owner did the top end on the engine at 124k. Have some photos and documentation.
-Clutch and oil seals replaced at 146k
-A-arm bushings, Turbo tie rods, ball joints, and sway bar bushings at 149k
-Bridgestone RE-11's at 158k
-Oil change done in Feb before bi-annual smog check
-A small oil leak has developed. I have not traced it. Engine had been dry for 4 years after I replaced all known leaky oil seals during an engine drop.
-Within the past two months I added the short shift kit, replaced the brake rotors, flushed the brake lines, and cleaned/repacked the CV joints and replaced the rubber boots.

UPGRADES
-Steve Wong chip (have original chip for smog)
-M&K 1-in-1 out exhaust
-M&K pre-muffler (have Catalytic Converter)
-Strut tower brace
-Zimmerman cross-drilled rotors front & back
-WEVO G50 short shift kit
-H4 headlamps with city lights
-Hella horns
-Rennline Aluminum door handles
-Momo Competition steering wheel with Porsche crest (have original steering wheel)
-Porsche CR-220 radio paired with a Kenwood compact amp and Kenwood compact subwoofer (under passenger seat)
-Light window tinting on side and rear glass
-CeramicPro coating

PPI's welcome. I can provide or take more photos upon request.
Here is his phone number 804-537-0285
Old 10-19-2018, 05:28 PM
rave426
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just stopping by for clean & tight
Old 10-20-2018, 11:46 AM
wesr
Rennlist Member

Thanks so much C4TT - flagged the post and reported him to Craigslist.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:00 AM
wesr
Rennlist Member

Sale pending!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clean & Tight 1987 911 Coupe