Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Sold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

BUYER BEWARE OF TRENDY996

Old 02-15-2018, 09:10 PM
Jedi
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Category: Engine - Exhaust
Price (no $ sign please): $1700
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 911
Location (Region): NorthEast
Item Condition: Used

I agree with TT Surgeon maybe the buyer should discount $200 for modifying the tips, but the seller did misrepresent the parts when he shipped them and in my opinion he should be paying all the shipping.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:44 PM
Eurotrio
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Old 02-16-2018, 07:28 AM
Ratchet1025
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 137 Posts

Wow, don't check the forum for a few days and....

My experience with Trendy has been fantastic. Only 2 transactions...parts were exactly as described, good communication, fair price, fast shipping. Hope this gets worked out.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:05 AM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 1,955 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
First, I don't have a dog in this fight, just a long time member who's bought and sold lots of stuff here since 2003. I've dealt with trendy996 in the past without issue. I don't think he was out to rip anybody off, however he should've known the part was for a 997.2., especially when it's written on the part. At the same time, a buyer must inspect and verify the used part is correct before installing, or modifying in any way. Once you got the part and it said 997.2, antennas must go up, must verify. At the very least your mechanic should've been suspicious when he saw 997.2. Painting the tips was probably a mistake.
This is always the risk in buying used parts, yes you save a ton of cash but there's always some degree of risk. Sometimes you're better off buying new.
Maybe a compromise, full refund minus $200 bc the pipes were painted?
just an outside observer thinking out loud
hope this mess gets sorted, perhaps the mods in charge of the fs section can chime in on this one.
c

I agree with this

well said.. and place both people on your ignore list

A person's true character shows in adversity... reading how they were dealing with each other, the interaction could easily be happening on a Civic Si forum between two 19 yr olds

SMH
Old 02-16-2018, 09:05 AM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 281 Posts

As a side note, who the hell would send money using F&F just to avoid a small fee? At least OP didn't do that here, but I never get why others will and then they get screwed with no recourse.

This seems like much ado about a miscommunication - hope it gets worked out.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:13 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Folks, you can't post personal information on here without the written permission of the other party. I removed a number of posts that contained information such as full names, email addresses, phone numbers, etc. If you're going to try to follow the recorded chain of events, some crucial pieces are missing. Trendy996 and AC SATCO, if you want an opportunity for the correct files to be inserted, they will have to have the private info redacted. Shoot me a PM if you're interested since you can't edit a post in a closed thread.

There are some lessons here. Although there is some responsibility on the part of the buyer (the 997.2 written on the exhaust should have been a clear tip-off), the seller sold a part that was not correct and likely did so because this part did not come off one of his personal cars. That's not good because you're only allowed to sell items off of your personal cars (with limitations on frequency of ads) if you're a paid member.

If I were using a mechanic to do the work, I don't know if I would have gone to the extra expense of having him test-fit the parts before I sent them to be powder-coated. The lesson for the seller is to sell parts that are actually designed for the car described in the ad. Some might say that perhaps the seller should have been the one to test-fit the parts before selling them. That he did not was his risk.

If you're a buyer and have had an issue with a seller (or vice versa), it might be good to avoid going nuclear and blasting the other party on Rennlist. Going public should be the last resort.

Additionally, any communications should be firm but polite with the knowledge that someone else may literally be judging your every word. Neither party looks particularly good here in that regard.

I hope both parties can work out this issue.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE OF TRENDY996