Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

WTB: '15 GT3 Sapphire Blue

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 01:22 PM
vodavoda
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Post WTB: '15 GT3 Sapphire Blue

Year: 2015
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: GT3
Mileage (numbers only please): 0
Color: Sapphire Blue Metallic
Price (no $ sign please): $0
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): West
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: PDK
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

Sounds like .2 deliveries just around the corner, so if you're looking to move your .1, maybe now's the time.
Looking for:
- Sapphire Blue Metallic
- Graphite wheel color
- Leather dash
- No sports chrono
- Front Axle lift
- Adjustable seats (no buckets)
- Heated seats
- Private party transaction
Attached Images  
Old 10-11-2017, 03:30 PM
Nemesis07r
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vodavoda
Sounds like .2 deliveries just around the corner, so if you're looking to move your .1, maybe now's the time.
Looking for:
- Sapphire Blue Metallic
- Graphite wheel color
- Leather dash
- No sports chrono
- Front Axle lift
- Heated seats
Good luck in your search, should be able to get a good deal. Sapphire blue and carmine red, are the best non-pts colors Porsche offers.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:19 PM
mad_max
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Looking for:
- Sapphire Blue Metallic
- Graphite wheel color
- Leather dash
- No sports chrono
- Front Axle lift
- Heated seats
Good luck with your search. I have a WTB thread here for a Guards red with very similar options. If you come across a Gaurds red please share notes, I will do the same if I find a Sapphire blue.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:31 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 413 Likes on 257 Posts

Price (no $ sign please): $0
So how much under MSRP are you expecting you will be able to get one for right now?
Old 10-11-2017, 06:39 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,957 Likes on 2,038 Posts

Funny, that exact car you posted is now for sale. It is the Obsessed Garage GT3. I know you said private party only though, and he also changed the wheels over to black.

https://porscheofkingsautomall.com/i...tallic+1507917
Old 10-11-2017, 07:17 PM
vodavoda
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mchrono
So how much under MSRP are you expecting you will be able to get one for right now?
Well, I've had several "serious", motivated, sellers contact me with cars that aren't quite the spec I'm after (some are dealers, some private sellers) and the "offer ups" have been in the 120's for '14's and mid 120's to just over 130 for the '15's. (also some "non-serious" sellers fishing at over MSRP still.... oh well, they probably aren't serious sellers or are deciding to hang on and ride the market down...more power to 'em).

The dealers are knocking 10K off asking prices right away with no effort on my part. They probably have a better handle on the market than anyone else and see the writing on the wall.... .2's coming out, lots of .1's coming to market (north of 170 listed), winter time is slow, and 2018 just around the corner which makes every offering a year older.

The private sellers aren't moving as much and seem to be setting their prices from the dealers' asking prices. Big difference between asking price and selling price. If I didn't need a private party purchase to save ten percent in taxes, then I'd have already pulled the trigger with a dealer. I'm in no rush and going to wait for the spec I want at a "market correct price."
Old 10-11-2017, 08:20 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

I think you are right on track with your observations, especially about sitting tight and not being in a rush to buy.

I have seen two 2014’s trade in low $120’s recently, and no 2015 or 2016 transactions close recently because of the widening gap between seller’s expectations and market reality.

The few private sellers I know are clueless about where the market is heading (or are in denial) and will probably ride the market all the way down. When they see so many cars still asking in the $140’s or $150’s, its hard for them to accept an offer much lower than that. On the other hand, I have seen regular, albeit modest asking price reductions on dealer listings last several weeks. It’s a start, but bottom line……
Old 10-12-2017, 09:01 AM
mad_max
Racer

So did Matt get a 991.2? I know his car had some rodent issues so be aware of that.

EDIT: Just saw he got a RS
Old 10-12-2017, 10:25 AM
getsupercar
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The few private sellers I know are clueless about where the market is heading (or are in denial) and will probably ride the market all the way down. When they see so many cars still asking in the $140’s or $150’s, its hard for them to accept an offer much lower than that. On the other hand, I have seen regular, albeit modest asking price reductions on dealer listings last several weeks. It’s a start, but bottom line……
That's an interesting problem that you've pointed out. But is there anyway to really curtail the issue? Or just let the wave ride out for the period and then finally have reality hit you on the face.. with a brick.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:29 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 610 Likes on 295 Posts

His car had rodent issues with wiring harness issues. And had a million exhausts on and off it. Surprised he got 120k for it. I sold my 15 Sapphire with 4500 miles at MSRP (145k) on my RS 7 months ago but things have def shifted downward now.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:35 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

I am in the market as well. Interesting enough right now it seems the dealers are doing the opposite of what usually happens. Right now the dealers have the lower and better prices and the private parties are in the clouds. Pretty funny as you would think they would know the market better. Problem for me is the specs that the dealers have are not what I want and the PP ones are but they just won’t budge. Or they do the whole “if I sold it for that I would just give it to the dealer as they offered that price”.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:48 AM
mad_max
Racer

Originally Posted by goin2drt
I am in the market as well. Interesting enough right now it seems the dealers are doing the opposite of what usually happens. Right now the dealers have the lower and better prices and the private parties are in the clouds. Pretty funny as you would think they would know the market better. Problem for me is the specs that the dealers have are not what I want and the PP ones are but they just won’t budge. Or they do the whole “if I sold it for that I would just give it to the dealer as they offered that price”.
I'm in the market and I've had the same observations. However there seems to be buyers still willing to pay over MSRP for these cars. Two weeks ago I was looking at a 2015 with 1500miles and 2 owners at Porsche of Manhattan. Sticker was $143k and they were asking $149k. I offered $140k (car was my ideal spec). They counter offered at $145 which I thought I'll let them sit on. But two days later the car was sold.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:54 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

I have been watching a few and it is funny they have been for sale over 3 months. I made an offer on one. He is now asking what I offered. I decided against that particular spec but he (they) just keep adjusting the price as the market goes down. Now I am in no hurry because I think in another couple months they will take another good hit and my car isn’t sold yet.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:58 AM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by getsupercar
That's an interesting problem that you've pointed out. But is there anyway to really curtail the issue? Or just let the wave ride out for the period and then finally have reality hit you on the face.. with a brick.
I dont think Buyers need to do anything unless they NEED to buy a .1 right now, which is probably not a good idea, because the sellers have not yet processed the concept that market attention has shifted away from the .1's, and a loss is in the cards when its time to sell:

https://vantagepointtrading.com/trad...loss-aversion/

“Loss aversion is an unwillingness to accept a loss once in a trade. You tell yourself you’ll get out if you lose a certain amount money, but instead of closing the trade when you should, you decide to hold the trade and let the loss grow…”

http://www.tradeciety.com/the-11-tra...arty-schwartz/
“The market dictates what is going to happen and a trader’s job is to react accordingly. If you personalize losses and want to will a trade to win, it usually ends in a disaster.”
Old 10-12-2017, 11:08 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

I can’t wait to see where the Fashion Gray and Mexico Blue ones sell. Both I would have moved on but they are really proud. Also another observation is the LWB owners also seem to be a little more proud which is good for me as I have to have 18’s.

I think all of us that are looking for .1’s will all get what we want here in less than 6 months. Lots of us ready to buy for the right spec that’s for sure.

Quick Reply: WTB: '15 GT3 Sapphire Blue