Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

WTB 997.1 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 04:59 PM
997gt3cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Year: 2007
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: GT3
Mileage (numbers only please): 0
Color: White
Price (no $ sign please): $0
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

Sure... when you guys come across low mile non abused 7.1 or 7.2s for 75 to 85k... let me know.. I have friends that are still dreaming of picking one up at those numbers.. sheeeet at that price put me down for another one too..
Old 10-02-2017, 05:14 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 997gt3cobalt
Sure... when you guys come across low mile non abused 7.1 or 7.2s for 75 to 85k... let me know.. I have friends that are still dreaming of picking one up at those numbers.. sheeeet at that price put me down for another one too..
That's a bit of a straw man here as we aren't discussing "low miles" examples, at least I was not nor do I get that in the posts above. We're talking driver quality which sees most .1's that fall into that category in the 30-60k mileage bracket.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:42 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

There no secret as to why someone is willing to sell a car below market value. I looked at quite a few GT3's before purchasing mine and everyone priced below the market presented in a below average condition. They were cheaper for a reason.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:08 PM
Visceral
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by 93 FireHawk 968
There no secret as to why someone is willing to sell a car below market value. I looked at quite a few GT3's before purchasing mine and everyone priced below the market presented in a below average condition. They were cheaper for a reason.
Well, there are a few really nice 997.2's available for $100k or less. Good options, good colors, good mileage.

There's a .1 here in my hometown with 15k miles that you could eat off of. It comes with several options but I dont like the red gauges. I'm a pass at 105k. It's been on the market for 6 months.

Im going to drive the sh** out of whatever I get and I plan to keep it (like the 991 TTS I have) 10+ years. 15k or 30k miles doesn't matter if the car was treated well. There's a lot of those cars around, and I've been driving them and checking into them for 6 months.

There is no reason to pay more than 110 for a great 997 GT3 in my opinion... yet look at the price range on cargurus and autotrader.

If you were talking about RS's, I might agree. Everything close to 150k seems to have a story. The difference isnt worth it to me, so Im not in that market. The owners of premium RSs, however, dont seem to be selling for less than asking.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:12 AM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Daily driver purchase is a bit different than most and to your point, good overall condition is objective. Overall condition, mileage and options are a big factor in price. No carbon sport buckets, ceramic breaks or other higher priced options and you'll find one at the lower price point. Good luck with the search.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:12 PM
Visceral
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by 93 FireHawk 968
Daily driver purchase is a bit different than most and to your point, good overall condition is objective. Overall condition, mileage and options are a big factor in price. No carbon sport buckets, ceramic breaks or other higher priced options and you'll find one at the lower price point. Good luck with the search.
Buckets, true... but PCCBs are a wash. Guys that track dont want them, guys buying for the street appreciate them but want a PPI to see what life are left in them. If the car has PCCBs and a lot of track use, there's a non-trivial chance that the PCCB rotors are near end. Thats a really hefty parts bill ($12k last I heard) unless you go back to iron.
Old 10-03-2017, 05:02 PM
RyanZ06
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

As it turns out I think I will list my 997.1 gt3 to fund a 991 gt3 purchase... I am absolutely in love with the car, but my father isn't comfortable driving stick on track, and my desire to spend time with him at track days out weighs my emotional desire for a 997 over a 991. I'm a young guy, but my dad isn't, so I'd rather get something we can both enjoy while we still have our health. I bought this car about 6 mo ago, and have spent the last 5 months building and preparing it for heavy tracking. We did our first track day with the car this weekend at cota I thoroughly enjoyed it, but my dad was not comfortable. I have been racing cars, and doing track days and instruction/private coaching for over 15 years. My car has full billet/titanium SPL suspension, brand new giro discs, PFC pads, water pipes done, PMNA factory cup trunk / wing / uprights, clean DME, clean car fax. No cut corners. Black/black/red seat belts, 31500 miles. 92k as it sits. I have all the stock parts. Can put factory trunk/wing and drop the price a bit.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:31 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanZ06
As it turns out I think I will list my 997.1 gt3 to fund a 991 gt3 purchase... I am absolutely in love with the car, but my father isn't comfortable driving stick on track, and my desire to spend time with him at track days out weighs my emotional desire for a 997 over a 991. I'm a young guy, but my dad isn't, so I'd rather get something we can both enjoy while we still have our health. I bought this car about 6 mo ago, and have spent the last 5 months building and preparing it for heavy tracking. We did our first track day with the car this weekend at cota I thoroughly enjoyed it, but my dad was not comfortable. I have been racing cars, and doing track days and instruction/private coaching for over 15 years. My car has full billet/titanium SPL suspension, brand new giro discs, PFC pads, water pipes done, PMNA factory cup trunk / wing / uprights, clean DME, clean car fax. No cut corners. Black/black/red seat belts, 31500 miles. 92k as it sits. I have all the stock parts. Can put factory trunk/wing and drop the price a bit.

Sounds cool. Photos? (Hanging with your dad sounds like a great decision. You’re both fortunate. Enjoy!)
Old 10-03-2017, 07:19 PM
RyanZ06
Racer

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Sounds cool. Photos? (Hanging with your dad sounds like a great decision. You’re both fortunate. Enjoy!)
Red forgelines not included, but available separately. Stock wheels are black and have pilot sport 2 on them.
Attached Images   
Old 10-03-2017, 07:22 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Now we're talking! Beautiful car, someone here should snap that up.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:25 PM
RyanZ06
Racer

I'm actually selling because my station wagon is so much faster than the gt3 ;-)
Old 10-04-2017, 09:01 PM
Merit Partners
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

We have a very nice driver on our website - 0 overrevs and no paintwork or accidents of any kind.
http://www.meritpartners.com/feature...rsche-gt3-997/

Burt

Merit Partners
info@meritpartners.com

Old 10-22-2017, 03:05 PM
wongjonsilver
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanZ06
I'm actually selling because my station wagon is so much faster than the gt3 ;-)
Need proof!

Quick Reply: WTB 997.1 GT3