Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1994 968 Guards Red Coupe 97K 6 Speed

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 12:22 AM
dcsa03996
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1994 968 Guards Red Coupe 97K 6 Speed

Year: 1994
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Cont. Porsche Models: 968
Mileage (numbers only please): 97600
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Guards Red
VIN: WP0AA2968RS820302
Price (no $ sign please): $15500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

I am selling my 1994 Porsche 968 Guards Red Coupe.
97,800 miles currently on the car
VIN WP0AA2968RS820302

RS820302
#1499 of 2234 968 coupes produced for the North American market
#242 of 718 1994 coupes produced
1 of 547 G1 Guards red coupes
1 of 313 G1 Guards red coupes with a black interior

Factory options include:
LT - Partial leather in black
220 - Limited slip differential (desirable)
398 - 17" cup 2 style wheels
418 - body side molding
437 - full power driver's seat, 8 way

Link to photo album
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0OGY8gBY7fYXf

This car will easily drive anywhere today. It is in good condition with an excellent interior. The price is very reasonable with consideration of all items.

My wife and I are moving to Europe in December and we have decided to sell this and a few other things before we go. This 968 is in great condition with some items that will need attention and are mentioned further on in this listing. If we weren’t moving this car would not be for sale.
Prior to me the car was mostly in CA and Texas. From 1994 through 1998 the car was in the Midwest followed by Florida in 1999 and then to South Dakota in 2000 and 2001. From September 2001 through July of 2006 the car was in California and August of 2006 through November of 2015 was in San Antonio, Texas. Absolutely no rust anywhere!

Timing Belt, Balance Shaft Belt, Alt/AC Belt, and PS belt were replaced May 2014 at 86,806 miles along with a new battery, starter and spark plugs. Water pump replaced at 90,309 miles. Clutch and related components were replaced at 61,605 miles. Clutch Disc, Pressure Plate, Throw Out Bearing, Clutch Fork Shaft and Needle Bearings. Dist Cap, Fuel Filter, Air Filter, Spark Plugs, and Rotor were replaced at 80,072 miles.

In 2006 the rear spoiler was damaged and had to be replaced along with the right taillight. Some repair work was done to the passenger side of the rear bumper as well. I can't see anything to indicate it was more than a minor parking lot issue which was mentioned and is reflected in the repair order regarding that incident.

The springs were replaced with H&R Springs along with the car being lowered. The sway bars were replaced to give this car the Euro 968 feel with sway bars measuring 30MM for the front bar and 19MM for the rear bar. These additions combined with the limited slip improve the handling and performance for the 968. Stainless Steel brake hoses were installed as well.

I bought the car with about 93,700 miles and drove it to Virginia in November of 2015. In March of 2016, 95,587 miles, I had the car looked over, serviced, including oil change to Amsoil, and brake flush, and a couple of items were replaced, the hood struts and caster blocks. The cam chain tensioner was also inspected with an observation of "some pad wear noted but not significant."

Overall the car was noted to be in good overall condition with these items requiring attention. I added a full front custom XPEL Clear Bra as well as covering the rocker panel areas. Also the headlights have the XPEL Headlight Film kits added.

If a 968 is a car you are seriously considering and you want very clean one that has been very well maintained and cared for, this is one to think about. This car has a clean CarFax showing 6 owners including me. The interior is in excellent condition and yes it is as nice as the pictures portray.

From e brake news July 11, 2017 5 Porsches to Buy Right now
1992-95 968 — The 968 was the final development of the very successful 924/944 platform. It introduced such features as a six-speed manual transmission, an available Tiptronic, shiftable automatic gearbox, VarioCam variable valve timing, and some styling updates. With a healthy 236 horsepower and a superbly balanced chassis, the 968, along with the 928 GTS, were the final expressions of Porsche’s transaxle architecture and the last front-engined vehicles they’d produce until the Cayenne. The 968 is also quite scarce. US deliveries exceeded 1,500 for just one model year. Higher mileage coupes and cabriolets are still available in the teens. Don’t say we didn’t give you a heads up!

The windshield has 2 chips, both repaired, within 1/2" of each other! See pics.

The interior is in very good condition with no cracks in the dash, seats are incredible with the drivers seat working but a little slow forward and backward. Everything works in the car, sunroof motor, A/C & Heat and all switches. Rear Glass is in great condition!
The left Rocker Panel cover does have a cracked area low and by the rear wheel. Pic available.

The aftermarket stereo includes satellite radio and iPod connection and works and sounds great. Note pic showing the Rennline Glove Box Hinge Repair Kit, that comes with the car.

The car has 2 keys, the spare, compressor, owners manual, and tires have plenty of miles left in them although they are dated 2008.

This car drives wonderfully and is gorgeous. The paint in some areas, see roof pics, does have a little fade. Also, see pics of underneath, it looks as though the car may have slipped off of a jack or centered on something as the floor behind the driver is moved up some with no intrusion in the passenger compartment.

Since I have owned it, it has been in a garage and not driven on roads treated for inclement winter weather.

Earlier this year I had the car listed to sell, a local party was interested and requested a PPI from a shop in the Northern VA area. The PPI indicated there were some oil leaks, the shocks are worn, the limited slip differential is worn, the wheels are not OEM Porsche wheels but Italian made replicas, the rack and pinion is leaking, the tires are dated 2008, the car had previous paint work to the quarter panels and the rear bumper cover has a crack down low.

At times even the best shops can overlook actual data with regard to how a car is built and in this case the reference to the Ltd Slip Differential is one of those times. After much research and help from Friends and other Rennlisters, I have found that my car does not have a clutch type differential, yet it has a Torsen Ltd Slip. This can't be checked on a lift as one would "check" the condition of a clutch type limited slip. No issues with this Differential.

Addressing the 1st PPI
1. The quarter panels have not been repainted, as a matter of fact, the best Body Shop in the DC Metro area, Euro Pros, stated the paint is original on the quarters, doors, roof, and fenders. I have already disclosed the rear bumper has been painted but did learn the hood has been also repainted.
2. The oil pan and balance shaft seal are leaking and will need attention. It seems the balance shaft seal is leaking the most but the pan has a slight leak also. I have photos of these areas. The bottom of the car is definitely not covered in fluids/oil and my garage and driveway were not spotted with oil.
3. The Rack & Pinion does have a minor leak, on the driver’s side, but is not leaving drops or filling the boot with fluid.
4. The shocks do have some seepage showing on the shock body. I also have photos of the shocks.
5. Yes the Limited Slip is the Torsen type and is without issue.
6. Tires have manufacture date of 2008 without cracks or noise with quite a bit of tread remaining.
7. There is a small crack in the rear bumper cover just below the left bumper guard. Pic available.

This assessment was disappointing and I felt compelled to get a second opinion so I could learn the details and status of each “issue” to share with a prospective buyer.
Comments from the second shop PPI and results of the Leak Down Test.
Exhaust and Electrical-Good Condition
Oil Leaks Oil Pan/Balance Shaft Seals
Fuel System Good Condition
Leak Down 1-5%, 2-11%, 3-10%, 4-4%
Trans Diff – Noises-None, Synchros-Good, Linkage-Good and Tight.
Clutch – Engagement-Good, Wear-Minimal, Linkage Good & Tight
Brakes Front and Rear More than ¾ life remaining, Master Cylinder-Good, Brake Lines-Good, Brake Fluid Leaks-None
Suspension/Steering Front Shocks-Worn front bump stops, Rear Shocks worn-seepage, Wheels good, Not Original, Tires-Good lots of tread
Body Condition Rock Chip-Windshield
Paint Looks Good and doesn’t appear to have been in an accident. No rust anywhere on vehicle.
Interior Seats, Carpet, Headliner, Door Panels all described as in excellent condition. Aftermarket Radio and Everything works in instrument panel.
Shop noted on road test Good power and smooth acceleration. Ride is harsher than factory but drives straight and handles well.
Overall Impression-Cosmetically very clean. Typical leaks in engine area. Drives very well. No rattles or creaks. Interior in very good condition. Nice Options.

I have over 130 photos and have tried to capture all areas of the car and then some. I will share the entire album with anyone that is interested.

I am willing to work with someone on pricing for this car at a reasonable level, so if you are seriously interested, let's chat and see what you have in mind.
Attached Images                                       

Last edited by dcsa03996; 10-07-2017 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Price adjustment & additional text
Old 08-24-2017, 01:42 AM
RRSLLC
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love both the car and the transparent Ad!
Old 08-25-2017, 01:41 PM
dcsa03996
Rennlist Member

Default Link to album

Link to photo album
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0OGY8gBY7fYXf

Originally Posted by dcsa03996
I am selling my 1994 Porsche 968 Guards Red Coupe.
97,600 miles currently on the car
VIN WP0AA2968RS820302

RS820302
#1499 of 2234 968 coupes produced for the North American market
#242 of 718 1994 coupes produced
1 of 547 G1 Guards red coupes
1 of 313 G1 Guards red coupes with a black interior

Factory options include:
LT - Partial leather in black
220 - Limited slip differential (desirable)
398 - 17" cup 2 style wheels
418 - body side molding
437 - full power driver's seat, 8 way

My wife and I are moving to Europe in December and we have decided to sell this and a few other things before we go. This 968 is in great condition with some items that will need attention and are mentioned further on in this listing. If we weren’t moving this car would not be for sale.
Prior to me the car was mostly in CA and Texas. From 1994 through 1998 the car was in the Midwest followed by Florida in 1999 and then to South Dakota in 2000 and 2001. From September 2001 through July of 2006 the car was in California and August of 2006 through November of 2015 was in San Antonio, Texas. Absolutely no rust anywhere!

Timing Belt, Balance Shaft Belt, Alt/AC Belt, and PS belt were replaced May 2014 at 86,806 miles along with a new battery, starter and spark plugs. Water pump replaced at 90,309 miles. Clutch and related components were replaced at 61,605 miles. Clutch Disc, Pressure Plate, Throw Out Bearing, Clutch Fork Shaft and Needle Bearings. Dist Cap, Fuel Filter, Air Filter, Spark Plugs, and Rotor were replaced at 80,072 miles.

In 2006 the rear spoiler was damaged and had to be replaced along with the right taillight. Some repair work was done to the passenger side of the rear bumper as well. I can't see anything to indicate it was more than a minor parking lot issue which was mentioned and is reflected in the repair order regarding that incident.

The front and rear springs were replaced with H&R Springs and the sway bars were replaced to give this car the Euro 968 feel with sway bars measuring 30MM for the front bar and 19MM for the rear bar. These additions combined with the limited slip improve the handling and performance for the 968. Stainless Steel brake hoses were installed as well.

I bought the car with about 93,700 miles and drove it to Virginia in November of 2015. In March of 2016, 95,587 miles, I had the car looked over, serviced, including oil change to Amsoil, and brake flush, and a couple of items were replaced, the hood struts and caster blocks. The cam chain tensioner was also inspected with an observation of "some pad wear noted but not significant."

Overall the car was noted to be in good overall condition with these items requiring attention. I added a full front custom XPEL Clear Bra as well as covering the rocker panel areas. Also the headlights have the XPEL Headlight Film kits added.

If a 968 is a car you are seriously considering and you want very clean one that has been very well maintained and cared for, this is one to think about. This car has a clean CarFax showing 6 owners including me. The interior is in excellent condition and yes it is as nice as the pictures portray.

From e brake news July 11, 2017 5 Porsches to Buy Right now
1992-95 968 — The 968 was the final development of the very successful 924/944 platform. It introduced such features as a six-speed manual transmission, an available Tiptronic, shiftable automatic gearbox, VarioCam variable valve timing, and some styling updates. With a healthy 236 horsepower and a superbly balanced chassis, the 968, along with the 928 GTS, were the final expressions of Porsche’s transaxle architecture and the last front-engined vehicles they’d produce until the Cayenne. The 968 is also quite scarce. US deliveries exceeded 1,500 for just one model year. Higher mileage coupes and cabriolets are still available in the teens. Don’t say we didn’t give you a heads up!

The windshield has 2 chips, both repaired, within 1/2" of each other! See pics.

The interior is in very good condition with no cracks in the dash, seats are incredible with the drivers seat working but a little slow forward and backward. Everything works in the car, sunroof motor, A/C & Heat and all switches. Rear Glass is in great condition!
The left Rocker Panel cover does have a cracked area low and by the rear wheel. Pic available.

The aftermarket stereo includes satellite radio and iPod connection and works and sounds great. Note pic showing the Rennline Glove Box Hinge Repair Kit, that comes with the car.

The car has 2 keys, the spare, compressor, owners manual, and tires have plenty of miles left in them although they are dated 2008.

This car drives wonderfully and is gorgeous. The paint in some areas, see roof pics, does have a little fade. Also, see pics of underneath, it looks as though the car may have slipped off of a jack or centered on something as the floor behind the driver is moved up some with no intrusion in the passenger compartment.

Since I have owned it, it has been in a garage and not driven on roads treated for inclement winter weather.

Earlier this year I had the car listed to sell, a local party was interested and requested a PPI from a shop in the Northern VA area. The PPI indicated there were some oil leaks, the shocks are worn, the limited slip differential is worn, the wheels are not OEM Porsche wheels but Italian made replicas, the rack and pinion is leaking, the tires are dated 2008, the car had previous paint work to the quarter panels and the rear bumper cover has a crack down low.

Addressing the 1st PPI
1. The quarter panels have not been repainted, as a matter of fact, the best Body Shop in the DC Metro area, Euro Pros, stated the paint is original on the quarters, doors, roof, and fenders. I have already disclosed the rear bumper has been painted but did learn the hood has been also repainted.
2. The oil pan and balance shaft seal are leaking and will need attention. It seems the balance shaft seal is leaking the most but the pan has a slight leak also. I have photos of these areas. The bottom of the car is definitely not covered in fluids/oil and my garage and driveway were not spotted with oil.
3. The Rack & Pinion does have a minor leak, on the driver’s side, but is not leaving drops or filling the boot with fluid.
4. The shocks do have some seepage showing on the shock body. I also have photos of the shocks.
5. Yes the Limited Slip is worn and could use new discs.
6. Tires have manufacture date of 2008 without cracks or noise with quite a bit of tread remaining.
7. There is a small crack in the rear bumper cover just below the left bumper guard. Pic available.

This assessment was disappointing and I felt compelled to get a second opinion so I could learn the details and status of each “issue” to share with a prospective buyer.
Comments from the second shop PPI and results of the Leak Down Test.
Exhaust and Electrical-Good Condition
Oil Leaks Oil Pan/Balance Shaft Seals
Fuel System Good Condition
Leak Down 1-5%, 2-11%, 3-10%, 4-4%
Trans Diff – Noises-None, Synchros-Good, Linkage-Good and Tight.
Clutch – Engagement-Good, Wear-Minimal, Linkage Good & Tight
Brakes Front and Rear More than ¾ life remaining, Master Cylinder-Good, Brake Lines-Good, Brake Fluid Leaks-None
Suspension/Steering Front Shocks-Worn front bump stops, Rear Shocks worn-seepage, Wheels good, Not Original, Tires-Good lots of tread
Body Condition Rock Chip-Windshield
Paint Looks Good and doesn’t appear to have been in an accident. No rust anywhere on vehicle.
Interior Seats, Carpet, Headliner, Door Panels all described as in excellent condition. Aftermarket Radio and Everything works in instrument panel.
Shop noted on road test Good power and smooth acceleration. Ride is harsher than factory but drives straight and handles well.
Overall Impression-Cosmetically very clean. Typical leaks in engine area. Drives very well. No rattles or creaks. Interior in very good condition. Nice Options.

I have over 130 photos and have tried to capture all areas of the car and then some. I will share the entire album with anyone that is interested.

I am willing to work with someone on pricing for this car at a reasonable level, so if you are seriously interested, let's chat and see what you have in mind.

Last edited by dcsa03996; 08-25-2017 at 11:28 PM. Reason: error in text
Old 09-18-2017, 09:10 PM
dcsa03996
Rennlist Member

Price lowered.....
Old 09-19-2017, 08:09 PM
baddogz28
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow. Pretty car! GLWS.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:23 PM
HY M8NC
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is sooooooo nice!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2017, 09:09 PM
dcsa03996
Rennlist Member

Thank You!
Originally Posted by baddogz28
Wow. Pretty car! GLWS.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:09 PM
dcsa03996
Rennlist Member

One more price drop which I believe is extremely reasonable considering. I would drive this car to the west coast any day without worries!
Old 10-13-2017, 02:40 PM
terrencea
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM sent, but you can text me at fiveonetwo five89 six117
Old 10-13-2017, 11:34 PM
hlee96
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 124 Posts

Very nice car and I would be interested if my driveway is spilling with 928s! 968 coupes in this condition for $15k is rare. GLWS!
Old 10-15-2017, 04:05 PM
Seanlabonte
Platinum Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Beautiful car, we just sold our Speed Yellow 968 - GLWS!
Old 10-16-2017, 08:51 PM
dcsa03996
Rennlist Member

Nice Stable!
Thanks
Originally Posted by hlee96
Very nice car and I would be interested if my driveway is spilling with 928s! 968 coupes in this condition for $15k is rare. GLWS!
Old 10-16-2017, 08:52 PM
dcsa03996
Rennlist Member

Thank You for the compliment!
Originally Posted by Seanlabonte
Beautiful car, we just sold our Speed Yellow 968 - GLWS!
Old 10-17-2017, 06:43 PM
DLK
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Take it with you to Europe! They are worth a lot more here than they are in the US. Either keep it and enjoy it or sell it on once you are settled in Europe.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:39 PM
dcsa03996
Rennlist Member

Funny you said that, earlier today my wife surprised me with " let's keep it"
We talked about sending 2 of our P Cars including the 968 so we will see.

Originally Posted by DLK
Take it with you to Europe! They are worth a lot more here than they are in the US. Either keep it and enjoy it or sell it on once you are settled in Europe.

Quick Reply: 1994 968 Guards Red Coupe 97K 6 Speed