Notices

Turn Off Auto Stop Start

Old 06-20-2019, 05:49 AM
Robuk
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You still have regeneration in play which appears to be probably the main reason batteries are not lasting as long as they should, ie, they are not being fully charged on a regular basis hence they fail early, this is nothing to do with more electrical components being fitted to the car, a larger battery will cover that and the alternator is fully capable of keeping all electrical components running and keeping the battery fully charged at the same time. The smart charging system is designed to save fuel, that`s it, unfortunately the side effect is an undercharged battery (75%) for a considerable part of the time which shortens it`s life. The article below does not even mention stop/start and smart charge, this is Fake information in my view, other than keyless start everthing else has been on cars for years.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorz.../#2d5cb778323c
Old 06-21-2019, 03:06 PM
KINGSRULE
Addict
Rennlist Member

2018 P 4S

Disconnected plug on - post at battery as posted above

On start u get a Start/Stop failure notice that needs to be cleared in instrument cluster

Battery gauge does not work now

Start/Stop is off

Conclusion: Since u need to still hit a button to clear warning its no different than hitting a button to turn S/S off. Not being able to see whats going on with battery is the deal breaker.....

Need to find something else....
Old 06-21-2019, 03:26 PM
Robuk
User

KINGSRULE

2018 P 4S

Disconnected plug on - post at battery as posted above
On start u get a Start/Stop failure notice that needs to be cleared in instrument cluster
Battery gauge does not work now
Start/Stop is off
Conclusion: Since u need to still hit a button to clear warning its no different than hitting a button to turn S/S off. Not being able to see whats going on with battery is the deal breaker.....
Need to find something else....
Well you tried.
We see nothing on Mercedes, as I have said my Merc`s have been running for 8 months with sensor disconnected with NO issues and NO warnings, in fact unless you actually scan the system nothing shows up.
I assume the car starts and drives OK with warning notice on, as far as no battery gauge, so what, all it does is show the charging voltage, Merc`s don`t have one but a battery monitor only costs around ú4.50 from ebay, you just plug them into the cig socket and view the voltage as you drive, same as your gauge on car.
So it appears the only issue is the notice telling you stop/starts not working, How big is it on dash, what does it look like?. I could live with a notice to loose that infernal device. With the C-Class symbol on dash stays yellow (off) on SLK symbol goes out (off).

To add, the weather here in the UK has not been good recently and the SLK has been standing in the garage and little used over this 3-4 week period, I did a voltage check across the battery terminals this morning, my multimeter read 12.8 volts which indicates that the battery is fully charged, the car had stood all night. This clearly shows that when the alternator charges continuously the vehicles battery always remains fully charged or near too.

Last edited by Robuk; 06-23-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: