Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2004 911 40th Anniversary Edition #445 Chicagoland area

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 01:08 AM
clubracer6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2004 911 40th Anniversary Edition #445 Chicagoland area

Year: 2004
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 996
Mileage (numbers only please): 50552
Color: GT Silver Metallic
Price (no $ sign please): $39000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Quick facts
2004 911 40th Anniversary Edition #445
50552 miles as of 4/21 should not increase much as at all.
Clean carfax and title
4th owners including me per CARFAX, but was told I was the 3rd.

After a clean bill of health from a PPI by Heyer Performance in the Bay Area, I bought this 911 in original condition. I then had Heyer replace the IMS, RMS, AOS, clutch, flywheel and battery then shipped it to Chicago directly to Fisher Motors in Barrington, IL. They handled the modifications listed below and then it went to A&L Autobody and had the minor body work. All these shops mentioned are highly regarded by their respective local Porsche communities. A&L Autobody also serves a lot of the Windy City BMWCCA folks. I truly thought I would have this car forever which is why I invested so much into it. While getting it serviced this month with an oil change and fresh ATE Type 200 brake fluid (April 2018) I had Fisher perform a PPI, which I will provide. After replacing the oil pressure sensor they car had a completely clean bill of heath.

Feel free to call Tony at Heyer Performance 650-962-0930 or Rick at Fisher 847-304-8822

Factory options :
Navigation
Comfort power heated seats with memory (currently 997 GT3 seats installed but not included)
Rear wiper - currently removed, but comes with the parts.
Included:
4 pc luggage set - All included, plus a sunshade that the PO said came with it.
Both keys
All books, manuals, all navigation discs and window sticker.
OEM parts that have been removed are included as well.

40th Anniversary Edition 2004 Porsche 911 Carrera. Porsche only produced 1,963 40th edition 996 coupes worldwide to commemorate the debut of the 911 back in 1963.
All of these special edition 996s were finished in GT Silver and came equipped with the X51 Carrera Power kit.output to 345hp/273lb-ft, 996 turbo front bumper, GT3 side skirts, upgraded aluminum intake manifold, performance cylinder heads and cams, performance tuned ECU, limited slip differential and sport chassis with upgraded springs, shocks and sway bars. Luxury features added by the 40th Anniversary package include bi-Xenon head lamps, polished 18" Carrera Wheels, heated leather seats, GT Silver painted center console and aluminum-look dash trim strip and instrument dial rings. Interior features included a full leather interior, Technic Package, Bose premium audio, 6-disc CD changer, power seat adjusters, leather sport steering wheel, Porsche floor mats and a rear wiper. Porsche stability management, factory short shifter and a brutal factory Sport Exhaust were also ordered to compliment the 40th Anniversary performance upgrades. Auto climate control, on-board computer, power rear spoiler and enthusiast-required 6-speed manual transmission are standard.

Service -
12/6/13 33k Dealer service for navigation/fuel system/wiperblades
5/28/15 40k 30k service including brake flush
3/17 48k - IMS/RMS/AOS/clutch/flywheel/battery and oil change.
4/17 Suspension upgrades (listed below), Exhaust, wiper delete and wheel refinishing (Porsche Seal Grey)
3/18 50k All new brakes front and rear - pads, springs, sensors and hardware.
I might have some service records before this, but not many. I had a PPI done when I bought it last March in Palo Alto, CA and it passed with flying colors. Will find that and more and post here.
3/24/18 - oil change, oil pressure sending unit replaced, front and rear hood shocks, brake fluid flush and a PPI inspection.

Modifications :
5/17 48k
996 GT3 control arms (wider front track to help with understeer)
996 GT3 sway bars
Tarrett drop links
Bilstein PSS10 coilovers - Every 996 needs these! Much improved ride and handling
997 GT3 seats – power recline, non-heated. - Plan to remove, however, will include for another $1k if still installed at time of sale.
Fister 996 ceramic coated mufflers
Refinished MY02 Factory wheels in Porsche Seal Grey
996 Turbo front lip spoiler
Rear wiper deleted with bumper plugs paint matched plug.
5MM spacers all around with black wheel lugs

Tires - Fronts are in good shape, rears will need to be replaced in the not so distant future.

Paintwork/Bodywork
Previous accidentally bumped into the car port on the right front side, panicked a bit and quickly reversed into the opposite side/corner. This damaged both bumpers and the wheel well liner. There were also some scratches to the passenger door where it meets the rear quarter. I had all this repaired once it arrived back here and do have pictures of the damages prior to being repaired.

It does have two chips in the windshield, which I have never gotten around to repairing.
Also a small scratch on the drivers side rocker panel.

This is my 2nd 40th AE and I absolutely love these cars. I regretting selling my first and will most likely regret selling this one. I did all the mods without any concern about resale value because I really thought I would have this one a long time. I built if for me and around my tastes. A car that was nice, but not exactly pristine like my first one.

Will come with all the OEM parts – seats, suspension bits and the rear wiper.

So why I am selling - despite it not being a garage queen, I primarily drove it to work on sunny days and then weekend drives with my wife and daughter. I put less than 2000 miles on it in 2017. Two major changes for 2018. I moved our office 6 miles away from my home and we are expecting twins this spring. With that I know it will see even less miles than it has this past year and I do not want it just sitting around.

Back to the car - coilovers are simply one of the best upgrades you can do to a 996. Transforms the ride and certainly improves the handling. The GT3 control arms were added to try to get rid of some of the understeer that comes standard with most 911's. Rick, the owner of Fisher Motors, did an amazing job on setting the car up for me great for canyons or track, but also be very compliant and controlled over rough surfaces. Turn in is excellent and it rotates beautifully.

I assume most would prefer the stock seats, however, I think the 997 GT3 seats make a huge difference so leaving them until the end of April in case someone wants them. They can be swapped out in less than a day.

Thank you for reading this mini novel and I will be adding and editing along the way. Not my best ad, however, with work travel and changes going on at home to prepare for twins, life is a bit crazy. Either way feel free to ask questions!

My e-mail address is my screen name here @aol.com . My mobile is 224-622- eighty nine hundred or of course you can send me a PM.The first picture is the most recent as in last week.

Many more pictures here: 40th pics

Attached Images         

Last edited by clubracer6; 04-21-2018 at 08:43 AM. Reason: back up for sale
Old 03-14-2018, 07:03 PM
grgallo
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

nice car, do you like the Fister exhaust, had you considered others? neighbors upset about the noise? I understand you will be posting additional pictures, these pics show a rear window wiper, and the IMS was it LN engineering? Thanks.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:27 PM
clubracer6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by grgallo
nice car, do you like the Fister exhaust, had you considered others? neighbors upset about the noise? I understand you will be posting additional pictures, these pics show a rear window wiper, and the IMS was it LN engineering? Thanks.
Hi and thanks for the question. Love the Fister exhaust! I am respectful of my neighbors so this is perfect for that. It's very quiet on start up and idle. It really doesn't sound dramatically different until you are higher up in the RPM's. It's mostly perfect and people who are outside the car think it sounds awesome. I would love a little more intake sound, but modifications to do that seem pretty controversial around these parts. ;-) that picture with the rear wiper was from fall. It actually is warming up and I might be able to wash the car in the next few days and take some better shots. So not bringing it to the shop yet, which is also due to the salt that is still all over the roads. yes, an LN bearing. Thanks again.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:30 PM
clubracer6
Rennlist Member

Pictures added as well as some more details.
PPI completed and passed with flying colors and while there it had an oil change, a brake fluid change, an oil sender replaced , as well as new hood and frunk shocks.

Last edited by clubracer6; 04-21-2018 at 08:05 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:02 AM
clubracer6
Rennlist Member

Back up for sale again. Had a buyer but got cold feet and backed out before he flew her to see it, but it really does need a new home. I'm simply not going to be in a situation to use it.

Last edited by clubracer6; 04-21-2018 at 08:06 AM.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:23 AM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,450 Likes on 956 Posts

I put PSS10s on my 40th and while I liked the MO30 factory sport suspension the Coil Overs allow for the correct ride height and with the adjustability of the PSS10s you have a great range of options to boot.

Great car. The X51 with LSD and these mods make for a really nice car. Like the mods.

Good luck with the sale.

Quick Reply: 2004 911 40th Anniversary Edition #445 Chicagoland area