Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Looking To Pair Up for Durametric Pro 20% Discount

Old 06-03-2017, 08:51 AM
Rat3d M
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $540
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 986, 987, 993, 996, 997, Cayenne, Cayman, Panamera
Location (Region): NorCal
Item Condition: Brand New

Originally Posted by Presto
if they offer 20% off for just 2 people why dont one of you call and ask how much more they will offer for 5 ppl or 8-10 ppl. looks like atleast 4-5 are interested in the discount.
already ahead of you. Here is the response I received..

Thank you for writing. For the purchase of two or more of the same kit using a single billing / shipping address we are happy to provide a 20% discount. If you are able to get 10 or more buyers together, we may be able to provide a bigger discount.
No mention on potential discount. Just says that maybe a bigger discount could be provided for 10 or more. If there is interest in a group buy please private message me and I will start a thread to gather more interest. Id like to get 15 names before I email them back. No guarantees it will go through but it's worth a shot.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:10 AM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rat3d M
If there is interest in a group buy please private message me and I will start a thread to gather more interest. Id like to get 15 names before I email them back. No guarantees it will go through but it's worth a shot.
I emailed them yesterday as well. They mention on their website that the do sell refurbished units when available so I inquired about those as well. Here's the response I received:

"Hi Jim,

Thanks for writing. Unfortunately, we have no refurbished tools available currently. The refurbished Pro kits become available only very seldom.

If you purchase two or more of the same kit using a single billing / shipping address, we can offer a 20% discount. Unless the number of kits is very large, we do not typically increase this discount. If you would like to place an order for multiple kits, please call us Monday - Friday from 9am - 4pm Pacific Time.

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Owen Sutton
Durametric Software Inc.
Tel: 888-854-5523"

I'm interested in one if you're going to put a group buy together.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:39 AM
haro-d
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested! Let me know
Old 06-03-2017, 12:03 PM
Rat3d M
Rennlist Member

Let's move forward with a group buy.

Again, no guarantees that we will see a higher discount, but if I can get 10+ people there is a chance they will give us a larger discount than their standard 20%. If not, then whoever is not interested at that point can back out and we will still get the 20% discount since all it takes is 2 or more. This is not a commitment to buy, but please do not put your name in if you do not intend to follow through!

This will be for the Professional without extension cable or round adapter (Option 3) at the link below. Originally $675, $540 with the 20% discount. I am shooting for a 30% discount, but again, no guarantees there. Since the kits ordered have to be identical, this is the only option. Please don't put your name in if you are not okay with this.

http://www.durametric.com/buyus.aspx

PM me to put your name in please. So far I am tracking the following:

1. Rat3d M
2. intrepidagent

When it comes time to order, I will collect the money and make the purchase in bulk, and then send them to each buyer for actual shipping charges (should be around $15-$30 with tracking and insurance via USPS). Deadline will be 30 June. If we don't have 10 names by then, the group buy will be cancelled. On 30 June I will email Durametric and let them know the number of people we have, and see what the final discount will be. I will then give everyone a week to pay.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Old 06-03-2017, 12:36 PM
Supreme27
Track Day

I'm interested also. Pm sent.
Old 06-03-2017, 01:04 PM
Rat3d M
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by haro-d
I'm interested! Let me know
I got you down as well
Old 06-03-2017, 06:33 PM
V8Boxster
Track Day

I'm interested as well. Sent a PM too.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:11 AM
Rat3d M
Rennlist Member

So far I am tracking 7 people (including myself). I would like to get to 15 before I email them back, because I know that people will inevitably back out and I'd hate to go through all the trouble and then not have enough people in the end. Again, please don't put your name down unless you are 100% committed to buying when the time comes to collect.

Let's get this to 15 people. Anyone else in?
Old 06-04-2017, 08:19 PM
Splitting Atoms
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

I would be interested in a group buy depending on the price. I was going to buy the enthusiast version this week, but I would buy the pro if it is under $500. Might be able to get a good deal if we buy 10 or more.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:00 AM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:00 AM
austx911S
Instructor

I am in. Who would be handling the initial purchase and shipping to other parties? Does that person live in the US or outside of the US?
Old 06-05-2017, 10:05 AM
rhythm11
Rennlist Member

I am interested in the Pro cable as well. This GB is helping me be more realistic, as I wanted the race kit but I'm fairly certain I'd get no use out of the other cables.

Good point Austx911s, not to complicate things but it may be more economical if Durametric doesn't send to each individual to have US orders sent one place and EU orders sent over the pond to one address for reshipment. I'd imagine the originals shipment would come from Oregon, US. ... now only if we could collect the airline miles... lol
Old 06-05-2017, 11:11 AM
haro-d
Advanced

No problem. I'm in.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:45 AM
Legun
AutoX

+1 Here. Please add me to the GB list.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:19 PM
Rat3d M
Rennlist Member

Thank you everyone who has responded with interest. We are at 13 so far including myself, so very close to making it happen. If I can get two more I will contact them and see what we can get for a discount based on 10 people, and 15 people as well (I expect some people to back out, it happens).

Let me address the concerns with shipping and the physical location of who will take care of the purchase and distribution to members. I offer to take the lead on that, and here is why:

Yes, I am physically located in Germany, but I am US Air Force and over here on official military orders. Therefore, I have an APO address. APO's are considered United States addresses by the USPS. How it works, is that the Air Force/Army have their own postal system (APO stands for Army/Air Post Office). USPS handles any packages to or from me in Germany while stateside (the main port is in Chicago) and once it is outside the US, the military takes over. What this means, is that it costs exactly the same to ship an item from Los Angeles (for example) to Chicago through the USPS as it does to ship the same exact item to me here in Germany at my APO through the USPS. Same goes for the other way as well. The military takes any packages I mail out via plane to Chicago, and then the USPS takes over, so you only pay shipping from Chicago to the packages final destination.

It's beneficial for me to handle it, because while I am also in Europe, if there are buyers that are from Europe, I can use the European postal system (DHL) to mail their's out. I assume the items will fit in a medium flat rate mailing box, so I would likely use a stack of them to get these out to everyone who is stateside, and just go through DHL if anyone is on this side of the pond. It's about $15 to mail a medium flat rate box from here to anywhere in the US, so with insurance I wouldn't expect more than $25-$30 shipping stateside, and about the same in Europe.

I hope that addresses any concerns. Unfortunately they will only do a single payment, and a single shipping address for these or we are ineligible for the discount, so I propose that if this goes through, everyone PayPal's me the money and I will place the order, then when they come in I will get exact shipping prices for everyone and take a second PayPal payment for shipping. It would be a long process, but worth it in my opinion to save a couple hundred bucks. Coming from BMW ///M cars and having access to all the dealership tools (INPA, ISTA/P, ISTA/D, Rheingold, NCSExpert, etc.) which I paid $0.00 for, paying $600+ for a cable and some software is a little hard to swallow. I'm doing this to help others out, but also to get my hands on one of these for a reasonable price. Hopefully we can make this work.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking To Pair Up for Durametric Pro 20% Discount