Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

WTB: 997.2 Carrera C2S Guards Red 6spd.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 02:14 AM
Dan GSR
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Year: 2010
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 50000
Color: Guards Red
Price (no $ sign please): $55000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

He's asking 115k for that car. Way too high
Old 11-20-2018, 09:30 AM
porschesalesguy
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin5236
If you like getting hung up on and treated like crap, yes, Ryan is the guy to see.

Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time with this guy.

I've never been treated so poorly when trying to buy a vehicle.

Others on here will agree with me as well if you do some digging...
Ya I don’t buy this response - I’ve referred countless ppl to Ryan and have heard nothing but good things.

Not fair to beat up dealers like Ryan. there are plenty out there that aren’t good that we need dealers like Ryan to exist! I just saw this post and it got me angry so I decided to respond - I hate when people attack someone running a good operation.

And for his prices. Look at the cars he has - if you’re talking about the 2012 gts - how much should it be? I saw one sell at U drive in Pennsylvania for 95k in silver with 9k miles and didn’t even have center locking wheels. What should Ryan’s gts be worth? I think we all are stunned by the growth of the 997 - Ryan’s gts has 3k miles and an aero kit! I would say it def has to be more than 95k because of what “ Udrive” got for their car.

Bottom line is if you actually had a problem call Ryan - what you are saying is the exact opposite of what I know of from his dealer. Not cool to write negative things and just expect ppl that respect his dealer to sit back and say nothing!
Old 11-20-2018, 09:43 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by porschesalesguy
Ya I don’t buy this response - I’ve referred countless ppl to Ryan and have heard nothing but good things.

Not fair to beat up dealers like Ryan. there are plenty out there that aren’t good that we need dealers like Ryan to exist! I just saw this post and it got me angry so I decided to respond - I hate when people attack someone running a good operation.

And for his prices. Look at the cars he has - if you’re talking about the 2012 gts - how much should it be? I saw one sell at U drive in Pennsylvania for 95k in silver with 9k miles and didn’t even have center locking wheels. What should Ryan’s gts be worth? I think we all are stunned by the growth of the 997 - Ryan’s gts has 3k miles and an aero kit! I would say it def has to be more than 95k because of what “ Udrive” got for their car.

Bottom line is if you actually had a problem call Ryan - what you are saying is the exact opposite of what I know of from his dealer. Not cool to write negative things and just expect ppl that respect his dealer to sit back and say nothing!
Your single-post history does not enhance your credibility around here, but I will absolutely second your comments, all of them. Ryan is definitely one of the princes among thieves.

If people don't like his prices, just find your car elsewhere.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:55 PM
650kid
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 63 Posts

If you like getting hung up on and treated like crap, yes, Ryan is the guy to see.

Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time with this guy.

I've never been treated so poorly when trying to buy a vehicle.

Others on here will agree with me as well if you do some digging...
I implore anyone to do some "digging" on this with people who've actually dealt with Ryan on a transaction.. there are plenty of people here on Rennlist and other forums, including myself, who have done business with Ryan on numerous occasions. People who have consigned their cars that were sold by him and then bought their next car from him. I cannot stand when people use forums like this to harass and badmouth because they didn't like hearing something they were told or they didn't like the answer to a question they asked. Ryan is the type of guy who would walk out of his own child's birthday party to field a call from a random person on a car they probably have no intention of actually buying - that is Ryan. Are you sure you spoke with Ryan himself and not an employee? I'm curious, what car did you call him on and what were you told that you considered to be such poor treatment? This is a hard working guy with a family to feed, so I truly hope that whatever you considered to be such poor treatment was more than you not liking the answer you were given about the price of a car and how he justified it. Putting stuff like this on public forums without legitimate justification is wrong and flat out irresponsible.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:56 PM
650kid
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Your single-post history does not enhance your credibility around here, but I will absolutely second your comments, all of them. Ryan is definitely one of the princes among thieves.

If people don't like his prices, just find your car elsewhere.
Couldn't have said it better myself
Old 11-20-2018, 01:34 PM
ctlazer5
3rd Gear

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...s/2171758.html

Looks to be as clean as they get. Fairly low mileage as well.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:43 PM
Kevin5236
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 650kid
Couldn't have said it better myself
I never had a problem with his pricing, that's his own perogative to charge what he wants. The fact that he completely disrespected me over the phone when I tried to talk pricing IS the problem. All of you folks defending Ryan, I bet you had a great experience with him. Good for you. I don't come on this forum to badmouth anyone just to troll. This case is different.

This is MY experience. All of you have differing experiences. The problem is when a business treats 95% of their customers nicely and the other 5% poorly, the 5% will let others know about it. Ryan has the right to do whatever he wants as that is the beauty of living in our great country but he also can expect blowback when he does the wrong thing. We all make mistakes, because we're all human, but how you handle those mistakes is what matters.

I will never contact RFMC ever again and I found my manual 997 Turbo somewhere else.

I post build sheets and help where I can on this forum but I felt the need to give my feedback on RFMC because that was MY experience. The rest of you had great experiences so it will offset and all will be well in the world.

If you want to attack me and say I am posting negative things about your friend, that's your right but karma is balancing things out here.

That's a fact, whether you agree with it or not. Any of your opinions don't make up for the fact that Ryan did what he did to me.

Let's get back to the original point of this thread, to find a 997.2 for the original poster. I apologize for hijacking this thread but I felt the need to share MY experience.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:12 PM
Kevin5236
Racer

Here's a nice car but not in red unfortunately:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd...731141336.html
Old 11-20-2018, 03:12 PM
Cream
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ctlazer5

nice car, but not a 997
Old 11-20-2018, 03:30 PM
ctlazer5
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Cream
nice car, but not a 997
wow what a total brain fart on my end I apologize. 991.1 duh
Old 11-20-2018, 03:31 PM
disgruntledcow
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's a nice car but not in red unfortunately:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd...731141336.html

I did see that car, but the only other color I would maybe settle for is Aqua blue.

I previously owned a brilliant red audi a4 ultrasport avant, I miss having a red car. Thank you for keeping an eye out though!

Name:  PSd1qYE.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  378.8 KB
Old 11-20-2018, 04:39 PM
Radmd74
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ctlazer5

pretty solid deal w 10k miles. Not my fave color but if you like red, definitely a sweet deal + low mileage.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:22 PM
ctlazer5
3rd Gear

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Radmd74
pretty solid deal w 10k miles. Not my fave color but if you like red, definitely a sweet deal + low mileage.
I thought so as well
Old 11-20-2018, 05:59 PM
Kevin5236
Racer

This is a little overkill but I figured I would get it on your radar:

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...arrera-4s.html

I know you want a C2S but this could work.
Old 11-20-2018, 08:14 PM
disgruntledcow
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

This is a little overkill but I figured I would get it on your radar:

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...arrera-4s.html

I know you want a C2S but this could work.
I have seen this car, and mulled over it for a bit, but I really don't want to regret not getting the C2S. I just sold my 2014 BMW 335 6spd Msport xdrive because it was a bit devoid of fun (too well damped and boaty, its too close to a 5 series now). Granted Im sure the AWD system in the 997's is more rear biased than the xdrive system in the BMW's, but still not quite the same. I have a old Audi UrS6 Avant to bomb through the snow and inclement weather if need be as well.

Patience will pay off!

Quick Reply: WTB: 997.2 Carrera C2S Guards Red 6spd.