Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

WTB: 997.2 Turbo Coupe MT

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 04:16 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 267 Posts

Year: 2010
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 0
Color: Any
Price (no $ sign please): $0
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Turbo
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Not hard to import from canada. There's a potential tax consequence.

Technically, there should be no import tax on an original U.S. car (b/c it was already paid once), but if you hire a broker to cross border, the broker is probably not going to make the argument. If you fly up, and drive back with title papers, you have better shot and you get to enjoy the ride.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:27 PM
pors9
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Ostranjg
Looking for a second gen 997 turbo coupe with a manual transmission. Not extremely picky on location, options, miles (preferably lower though) as there are not many of these out there it seems. So many 997.2s were delivered as S models with the PDK. Appreciate the help!
I suggest first exploring what the universe of cars is. Search our database at ********** to get started.

As to Canada you will be liable the U.S. import tax even if the car was originally sold in the U.S. and subsequently exported to Canada. Unlike others have suggested, there is no getting around this ... unless somehow you slip through the cracks. There are very few circumstances where the tax in not payable - but none of them are your case.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:52 AM
Rambler_13
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

It looks like 1 of the Canadian cars has sold as I can no longer see it in the above link. That leaves 4 known for sale currrently in NA.

The 3 remaining Canadian cars are listed for about $123k at 15k miles, $127k at 13k miles, $95k with 40k miles when converted to USD/miles. Then there’s the added cost and hassle of importing it as others have mentioned. Ryan is asking $120k for his (he just listed the price) so while it may seem too high or optimistic, it’s hard to say what the market is with so little for sale. But his ask is in line with the above cars, notwithstanding options, color, and all the usuals. He also just recently sold 2 so he may have a good sense as to what he can get. If he’s not willing to negotiate, he tends to periodically lower his prices as they sit unsold. In any event, this makes a good case for a 997.1 which seem to be relative bargains still.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:41 AM
650kid
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 63 Posts

The color combo is so sweet in person. Saw it when it first came in. 10/10
Old 06-21-2018, 09:26 AM
camdon
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin5236
Ryan charges a PREMIUM for his cars.

Be prepared to 'pay to play'...

He hung up on me (interesting business tactic to say the least) when we started talking price a few months ago.

Just giving you a heads up ahead of time...

Good luck with your search.
I had the same issue trying to buy from him. Never again!
Old 06-21-2018, 09:48 AM
Dodaleca
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts

Looked at this exact car I believe at this time of the year in 2016; didn't buy becase I hadn't figured out the true cost and process for bringing a car in from the US to Canada plus when I showed the pictures of this car to my wife she stated "extreme displeasure" with the Carrera Red interior!
Old 06-21-2018, 02:01 PM
Kevin5236
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by camdon
I had the same issue trying to buy from him. Never again!
Some folks' egos just get in the way but I don't think there's ever any need to be rude like that... I'm sure it will catch up with him down the road. You get more bees with honey than vinegar...

That red interior with the GT Silver exterior does seem to work and that car looks incredible.

Originally Posted by Rambler_13
...this makes a good case for a 997.1 which seem to be relative bargain still.
It's crazy how the 997.2 Turbos are fetching such a high amount compared to the 997.1. Makes sense with the very low production numbers, upgrades, and nicer features but still... Pretty insane.

Good luck with your search @Ostranjg.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:48 PM
Ostranjg
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pors9
I suggest first exploring what the universe of cars is. Search our database at ********** to get started.

As to Canada you will be liable the U.S. import tax even if the car was originally sold in the U.S. and subsequently exported to Canada. Unlike others have suggested, there is no getting around this ... unless somehow you slip through the cracks. There are very few circumstances where the tax in not payable - but none of them are your case.
Does this system show all available "for sale" vehicles that meet a certain criteria? Or is this just a database of cars that were sold/manufactured by Porsche?
Old 06-21-2018, 08:26 PM
pors9
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Ostranjg
Does this system show all available "for sale" vehicles that meet a certain criteria? Or is this just a database of cars that were sold/manufactured by Porsche?
The database you see is the entire universe of vehicles produced. We maintain a proprietary database of owners attached to those vehicles. This allows anyone to identify one or more vehicles of interest and to engage with us to contact the owners for a possible purchase. The use of the search app allows for the target list to be pared down to the spec that the buyer really wants and our service makes it possible to actually locate the targets. Buyers can be pitchers not catchers ... and not just settle for whatever is on the market from time to time.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:11 PM
sbarbour
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As for historical pricing (in 2018), these may be helpful.

This one was in CT as of 5/2/18 for 109K:
https://pcarfinder.com/ID/088298

This one was listed here on RL as of 1/31/18 for 90K:
https://pcarfinder.com/ID/192995
Old 06-24-2018, 05:41 AM
aventino68
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I struggled to find anything in the USA (997.2 manual)under $95k, got offered a couple of low mileage cars (under 10k) for around $120 and both sold while I pontificated. I dunno if it’s a blip and prices will drop back or if the market now sees the 997.2 differently. The 996tt has gone up a fair bit for a good example so that would have to push 997 prices up.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:49 AM
cyclrder
Pro

Received 205 Likes on 127 Posts

Good luck with your search. I can tell you that the .2 stick is truly a fantastic car. Yes the PDK is faster, the launch control is a great party trick, and traffic with a stick is a pain... but everything else is worth the price of admission. Since I bought mine last summer (CCS motors in NY).. I've seen maybe 7 or so that have come up for sale (in the US)...Expect to pay north of $100K at this point. These cars will be the sleeper cars that people will knock their heads for not picking up....followed by the .2 GTS cars....
Old 06-24-2018, 02:30 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,262 Posts

I've only been in the hunt and made a few purchases over the last year, but I'm already kicking my own A$$ for now purchasing a couple of different cars I debated about and lost over this past year. smh.

The 08 6MT with only 7500 miles, fidelity warranty, extras, in showroom condition and a few 997.2 6MT's I saw last year for sale also.

But I love my TTS PDK. I just hated missing a chance to buy one going UP in value.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:23 PM
Ostranjg
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, pricing seems to have stabilized and/or started to go up for examples of the 997.2 turbo MT. I came across one with a little over 30k miles on it, relatively light on options, and, as I later found out, had seen some recent track time. Paint looked to be in ok shape in pics given its mileage. Seller wanted mid 90s for it and I felt it was a bit on the high side and turned it down.

Another example of pricing trends.

Quick Reply: WTB: 997.2 Turbo Coupe MT