Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

🚚 💰⚡ ShipNerd makes shipping fast and affordable 🚚 💰⚡

Old 09-08-2018, 01:37 PM
Cosmo Kramer
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 61 Posts

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $1
Private or Vendor Listing: Vendor Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Item Condition: Brand New

I would like to take a minute to give a big thanks to Steve. I bought a Speedtech exhaust from a Rennlister in Wisconsion having it shipped to my USA address in Niagara Falls. Somewhere in Illinois the package stopped tracking and went missing. I tried working with UPS myself and wasn't getting anywhere. A PM to Steve and he called me right away and took action, speaking to his contacts within UPS and had the package located in a few hours (it was in Utah)! Highly recommended.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:02 PM
Steve 911
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 911
Yes, I will send a PM with that information.

I also feel it should be clearly disclosed that you are not a US based company as every order will be 3% more based on fees charged by most US Banks.
Never heard back
Old 11-13-2018, 04:15 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 539 Posts
Default Positive (very) Shipnerd experience

I recently utilized Shipnerd for a "complex" transaction.
Well, complex for me.
A seller was shipping me two 996 sport seats in 2 separate boxes, big / heavy boxes.
Initially the Shipnerd website did not display comparable ground pricing between their options and fedex / ups.

I emailed shipnerd and Steve replied less that 30 minutes later.

He assisted me with navigating a complicated transaction and I can only speak very highly of both his customer service and Shipnerd's ability to save me cash $$$$.

Shipping the seats through shipnerd saved me ~ $150 as compared with fedex / ups quotes.
I continue to use their offerings for other shipments.

You should too.!

One thing you should be aware of if you are s surely technology curmudgeon like me.
Creating a shipnerd account may be challenging / frustrating if you do not do "ebanking".
Part of the process of registering an account is to allow shipnerd to deduct a small amount of cash (<$0.99) to verify account availability.
You then email reply to shipnerd the amount deducted and if the amounts match, your account is activated.
If you don't ebank, that process may take a few days, so plan ahead and set up your account before you plan to ship.

Thanks again Steve!

Craig F

Ps, the quoted price exactly matched the cost that I was charged on this transaction.

Old 11-14-2018, 03:34 AM
Coop
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Just shipped a set of seats from Toronto to Gardena. Could not have been happier with the service and the price. Blew away the big boys and Shipnerd got the business. Just fantastic!
Old 01-12-2019, 01:55 PM
yjoseph
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been trying to reach someone from this company for days now.
This system of no phone numbers doesn't work for me, can someone from this company call me back.
I was overcharged from a shipment made 2 months ago.
Shipnerd/UPS charged me for a return that never happened.
The item was damaged during shipment I filed a claim which is still pending but they incorrectly charged me for return that never happened as the receiver still has the damaged good. UPS said they can't refund me since I used a third party and I can't get any support from shipnerd.

Be aware this company is based out of Canada and my bank charged me an additional 2% for using a Canadian based company.
The phone number my bank gave me on the transaction is also incorrect and they have no way of direct communication.

please let me know the status of this refund.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:23 PM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by yjoseph
I've been trying to reach someone from this company for days now.
This system of no phone numbers doesn't work for me, can someone from this company call me back.
Have you tried messaging ShipNerd on here? I had to once, and he got back to me quite promptly.

I have used them about half a dozen times now, and been very happy with the service. I get a 60% discount on international DHL service, and Shipnerd still beat the DHL quote by a significant margin (as it allows using a lower end GROUND service, where my DHL account does not)

5 out of 5 stars from me! Highly Recommended !!!
Old 01-12-2019, 02:56 PM
ShipNerd
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

@yjoseph

As discussed with you by email (several times):

(1) You shipped 4 rims using ShipNerd

(2) Your receiver declined one of the packages which caused UPS to charge us a return shipping fee for one of the packages.

(3) Our system automatically charged you for the return shipment when we received our invoice (it's an automated system).

(4) You reached out to us about this "fraudulent" charge on Thursday January 10th (even though you were aware that your receiver declined the shipment).

(5) You received multiple email responses from us on January 10th (same day that you initially emailed us) that we have contacted our representatives at UPS (which we have done), and are just waiting for clarification so that we know how to proceed.

I hope to have a response on Monday clearing this situation up. Until then, there is nothing that we can do, as we need to verify with UPS specifically what happened. Posting on Rennlist will not make the process go any faster.

@halo777 - thank you for taking the time to post up some feedback
Steve

Old 01-12-2019, 03:05 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,128 Likes on 3,903 Posts

Originally Posted by ShipNerd
@yjoseph

(2) Your receiver declined one of the packages which caused UPS to charge us a return shipping fee for one of the packages.

(3) Our system automatically charged you for the return shipment when we received our invoice (it's an automated system).

(4) You reached out to us about this "fraudulent" charge on Thursday January 10th (even though you were aware that your receiver declined the shipment).

(5) You received multiple email responses from us on January 10th (same day that you initially emailed us) that we have contacted our representatives at UPS (which we have done), and are just waiting for clarification so that we know how to proceed.

I hope to have a response on Monday clearing this situation up. Until then, there is nothing that we can do, as we need to verify with UPS specifically what happened. Posting on Rennlist will not make the process go any faster.

Steve
Why don't the 2 of you exchange phone numbers via PM. Being able to talk to someone live when having an issue can go a long way in the customer service area.

I too have used Shipnerd quite a few times for shipping my sold Porsche parts and have been very pleased with the pricing.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:40 AM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I’ve shipped about 5 packages with shipnerd now. Once you get the hang of it it’s very easy to use and the pricing is great. The foreign transaction fees come to about 1% for me. Total non-issue. Steve responds to questions very promptly.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:58 AM
yjoseph
Advanced

Originally Posted by Petza914
Why don't the 2 of you exchange phone numbers via PM. Being able to talk to someone live when having an issue can go a long way in the customer service area.

I too have used Shipnerd quite a few times for shipping my sold Porsche parts and have been very pleased with the pricing.
They don't have direct communications available.
I emailed them my number and they refuse to call plus the number on the bank transaction is not there's.

Last edited by yjoseph; 01-14-2019 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:06 AM
yjoseph
Advanced

Originally Posted by ShipNerd
@yjoseph

@halo777 - thank you for taking the time to post up some feedback
Steve
Except for the fact that the UPS never picked up the package from the receiver.
UPS sent a claims person for the box that was lost and eventually delivered 1 week later and they left the package but still charged me for a return shipping that never happened.

I asked UPS to refund and they said only the third party can intervene.
I explained in detail in my email that I filed a claim.
If you contact the claims department they will confirm the claim is still there and pending and the receiver still has the item.

If someone from your company would call me it would have made things easier but I have sent you multiple emails with like only 1 acknowledgment back.

Last edited by yjoseph; 01-14-2019 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:45 PM
yjoseph
Advanced

FYI, Issued resolved, refund issued.
These guys work strictly off email so don't expect to call or get a callback.
Also, keep in mind they are Canada based, my bank charged additional fees for international transaction.

Now I have to deal with a pissed receiver who's trying to make it seem like I did something wrong when UPS lost and damaged his package
Old 01-16-2019, 09:28 PM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 90 Posts

I've shipped many Rennlist parts through Steve @ Shipnerd, as the buyer and the seller.

About 6 months ago I switched my company's corporate shipping needs to Shipnerd as the service was so easy to use when sending a package out as well as bringing packages inbound. Sending our vendors prepaid Shipnerd shipping labels has saved us a ton of money, compared to our vendors coordinating shipping and billing us.

Given the number of transactions, it's inevitable there will be a snag here and there. But Steve has never let us down or let an issue go unresolved. He runs a good business.

And of course, no one can touch their pricing - especially when shipping higher value items that require insurance. Highly recommended.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:00 PM
ShipNerd
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

@@cstyles - thank you for taking the time to post up some feedback It's been a pleasure working with you guys
Old 01-22-2019, 01:16 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,128 Likes on 3,903 Posts

Used ShipNerd again yesterday - UPS quote $84 vs ShipNerd $53 using the same carrier. Thanks guys.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 🚚 💰⚡ ShipNerd makes shipping fast and affordable 🚚 💰⚡