Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check this out before wrapping or speccing your next Porsche!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 09:25 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku
I'll just add that Nick and Anthony are both VERY nice guys! They are young and genuinely passionate about cars and driving. We've (smokies GT) had dealings with them and are impressed with their desire and willingness to work patiently with their customer.

I'm wishing them both well in their endeavors.
I spent a few days with these fellas at the Smokies event and we chatted a lot. They're awesome guys and smart beyond their years!
Old 11-04-2017, 06:48 PM
luv2race
Rennlist Member

Received 440 Likes on 221 Posts
Default Saw this at a recent McLaren track event

Originally Posted by NS2 Media
Just wanted to share with you guys a special project we recently completed.

We were contacted by the guys at RDS Auto Group (for those who know they own a variety of luxury car dealerships in the Philadelphia are) to design a bespoke P1. The design was to take inspiration from a prototype test vehicle, while incorporating a variety of personal touches.

The first step in the process was a batch of photo-realistic renderings. These include final artwork files modified in a way to fit the vehicle in a realistic perspective, to show the client what the final design will look like in the real world. This way, any final tweaks that need to be made can be done so in the virtual world. In the case of this project, the renderings allowed us to decide that the carbon on the front and rear clips should remain exposed.

Here are the renderings we created for the project:

With the final design locked in, the waiting game started while the guys over at McLaren Philadelphia brought her to life!

The final result, photographed by Jon Wheel of RDS Auto Group, is a site to behold!

If any of you are local to the Radnor Hunt Concours just outside of Philadelphia, PA, this car will be there on Sunday, and so will we!
Saw this P1 at Radnor and a recent McLaren track event. You guys did a great job of incorporating his company logo into the design.

I'm considering a basic, old school ,two tone Porsche above the rockers on each side of my chalk GT3. I'll be in touch.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:20 AM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 369 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymission
I spent a few days with these fellas at the Smokies event and we chatted a lot. They're awesome guys and smart beyond their years!
Thanks, Tony! Good to see you one here!
Old 11-06-2017, 10:24 AM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by luv2race
Saw this P1 at Radnor and a recent McLaren track event. You guys did a great job of incorporating his company logo into the design.

I'm considering a basic, old school ,two tone Porsche above the rockers on each side of my chalk GT3. I'll be in touch.
Thanks for the kind words on the P1! We had fun designing it and bouncing back and forth ideas to uniquely implement the logo.

We'll send you over a PM about the GT3 with some information on how the process works. Did you pickup the car from Main Line? I've seen two manual Chalk GT3's driving around the immediate area.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:59 PM
luv2race
Rennlist Member

Received 440 Likes on 221 Posts

Yes, I picked up my car from Main Line last week. Had a nice drive to the Jersey shore on Saturday. ill respond to your PM.

Thx
Old 11-07-2017, 11:20 AM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by luv2race
Yes, I picked up my car from Main Line last week. Had a nice drive to the Jersey shore on Saturday. ill respond to your PM.

Thx
That's good to hear! Congratulations and enjoy!
Old 11-07-2017, 11:27 AM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Really like how you carried the martini to the rear elegantly...so many designers get it so wrong
Old 11-09-2017, 03:39 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Some more GT2 RS spec renders. Viola Metallic PTS this time with CXX interior.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:52 AM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

New service we are offering due to multiple requests: Door Sill Design!

Porsche Exclusive will let you customize your door sills, including illumination, and soon enough, custom colors as well. It is up to the customer, however, to provide the artwork. There can be issues created in providing the design in the correct file formats, and often times the final files don't appear OEM, and take on aftermarket appearance.

We're here to help! We can create any design under the sun for your door sills, and provide all necessary files to send to Porsche for production.

We have many different styles available. We can recreate any Porsche silhouette to match the corporate one on the gauge cluster, rendering an OEM look and unity throughout the vehicle. We are also able to recreate the Porsche script font (cursive Porsche font found on model designations), and spell out anything you desire. We also have access to other commonly used fonts by Porsche's corporate, assuring that the most OEM look possible is achieved in each design.

Check out these sills we just designed for the new King of the 'Ring!

Feel free to drop us a line with inquiries.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:27 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

First, this deserves it’s own thread.

Second.. have you considered actually producing these for those of us who didn’t order these originally, and you can create an aftermarket kit?..
Old 11-10-2017, 01:13 PM
Brosef
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio

Second.. have you considered actually producing these for those of us who didn’t order these originally, and you can create an aftermarket kit?..
agreed. would be infinitely better if they could just figure out how to make these, and then anyone who ordered illuminated sils can retrofit a custom design
Old 11-10-2017, 02:13 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by CAlexio

Thanks, Alexio!

We want to make a thread for them when we have some more examples showing off all of the possibilities. The several we have now, we are keeping private for clients. I'll address the aftermarket kit below:

Originally Posted by Brosef
agreed. would be infinitely better if they could just figure out how to make these, and then anyone who ordered illuminated sils can retrofit a custom design
There are some companies that offer door sill replacements for Porsches, but their customization is limited, and AFAIK nobody can replicate the OEM illuminated look. We have had this request from several people we've shared the idea with. It is worth looking into for sure. We're consider partnering up with a company better equipped to produce such a product. We'll be sure to share any updates or developments here on Rennlist.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:59 PM
Kills Bugs Fast
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome work guys!
Old 11-10-2017, 04:28 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Yes, I’m assuming there is some wiring involved which maybe if you don’t spec illuminated from factory you can’t do after the fact? Hacking into a wiring look is a no-go, but maybe there is just an empty plug sitting there?
Old 11-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Derek RS
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by NS2 Media
New service we are offering due to multiple requests: Door Sill Design!

Porsche Exclusive will let you customize your door sills, including illumination, and soon enough, custom colors as well. It is up to the customer, however, to provide the artwork. There can be issues created in providing the design in the correct file formats, and often times the final files don't appear OEM, and take on aftermarket appearance.

We're here to help! We can create any design under the sun for your door sills, and provide all necessary files to send to Porsche for production.

We have many different styles available. We can recreate any Porsche silhouette to match the corporate one on the gauge cluster, rendering an OEM look and unity throughout the vehicle. We are also able to recreate the Porsche script font (cursive Porsche font found on model designations), and spell out anything you desire. We also have access to other commonly used fonts by Porsche's corporate, assuring that the most OEM look possible is achieved in each design.

Check out these sills we just designed for the new King of the 'Ring!

Feel free to drop us a line with inquiries.
Please make me a shirt with this design

Quick Reply: Check this out before wrapping or speccing your next Porsche!