Incoming!!! .2 GT3 and a GT2 RS... help with GT3 spec please

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 11:50 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts
Default Incoming!!! .2 GT3 and a GT2 RS... help with GT3 spec please

Hi All,

I could really use some help please. I have been lucky enough to get a 2018 GT3 slot with delivery after the GT2. I normally put a high spec on my cars but I plan to trade the GT3 for the GT3 RS if the RS will be as good as I expect. I therefore want to spec the car the way I like it but ensure I don’t take a big hit on trade in, hoping to trade in at close to list. I hope to never sell either RS’s if at all possible.

Please let me know what are the must have options and if any of my current spec is a bad considering my situation.

I would prefer not having red all over the interior given the 2RS has loads of red.

Spec 1 (if possible as I struggled on the configurator):
Black
PCCBs (unless I take a bath a trade in)
Wheels painted black with aluminium/gunmetal lip (from exclusive)
Aluminium/gunmetal dual stripes (if exclusive can do it)
LWB
Yellow stitching
Yellow dials
Clubsport
Full leather/Alcantara
Carbon mirrors
MANUAL
Bose
Chrono package
Full carbon interior
Front lift
PDLS
Reversing Camera
Smoking package
I can’t decide between touring and wing... wing is winning right now.

Is it wrong going to close to fully loaded if I hope to get close to break even at trade in? Any suggestions?

I also wanted to ask if a comfort spec (sofas’s) etc make it worse for trade in. This is also a tempting option considering the GT2 will be hardcore spec.

Thanks
Old 11-09-2017, 12:05 PM
spydersmiley
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My builds:

- Black wheels on a black car are IMHO a bit out of fashion ("funeral style"...!);
- If you go with a black exterior, you will merely notice the carbon mirrors - wasted money;
- However, you may want to spec carbon door sills (maybe even illuminated)
- I like that you introduce yellow as a contrasting colour. However, yellow dials may be a tad too much...!
- However, you may want to spec yellow safety belts - that works nicely to the yellow stitching;
- I would recommend the 90lt extended fuel tank

Best
Tobias
Old 11-09-2017, 12:35 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Brntrubber, I️t is unlikely you will recover funds from exclusive options as they are priced very high and usually conform to very individual taste. However, if you’re buying gt3/rs/GT2 and more I’m not sure why you’re worried about a few thousand here and there. It’s likely that unless world changes dramatically, you’ll make a few bucks on each car if you ever sell, including the gt3. Just get what you want.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:03 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the initial feedback guys!

Will a comfort build impact things or is it no biggy?
Old 11-09-2017, 02:08 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by spydersmiley
My builds:

- Black wheels on a black car are IMHO a bit out of fashion ("funeral style"...!);
- If you go with a black exterior, you will merely notice the carbon mirrors - wasted money;
- However, you may want to spec carbon door sills (maybe even illuminated)
- I like that you introduce yellow as a contrasting colour. However, yellow dials may be a tad too much...!
- However, you may want to spec yellow safety belts - that works nicely to the yellow stitching;
- I would recommend the 90lt extended fuel tank

Best
Tobias
Noted on the black wheels.
So would you leave the dials stock
Love the yellow seat belt idea!
I don’t know if they offer an extended fuel tank but I will check

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Brntrubber, I️t is unlikely you will recover funds from exclusive options as they are priced very high and usually conform to very individual taste. However, if you’re buying gt3/rs/GT2 and more I’m not sure why you’re worried about a few thousand here and there. It’s likely that unless world changes dramatically, you’ll make a few bucks on each car if you ever sell, including the gt3. Just get what you want.
Great Advice! I will pass on th exclusive bits and if anything get aftermarket stipe stickers/decals (don’t know their correct name)
Old 11-09-2017, 02:13 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,017 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by BrntRubber
Noted on the black wheels.
So would you leave the dials stock
Love the yellow seat belt idea!
I don’t know if they offer an extended fuel tank but I will check

Great Advice! I will pass on th exclusive bits and if anything get aftermarket stipe stickers (don’t know their correct name)
Agree with the dials, however don't agree with the comment that black wheels on a black car is over as a trend at all. All black/black everything is ALWAYS a hot seller. Honestly that's how I'd go if I did a black car like that almost without question. If the car was a touring I'd be going in a different direction but for yours, and the marketplace, vader look always wins.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:53 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 369 Likes on 160 Posts

Let us know if you need any help visualizing any Exclusive options and we'd love to assist!

Old 11-12-2017, 04:48 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Agree with the dials, however don't agree with the comment that black wheels on a black car is over as a trend at all. All black/black everything is ALWAYS a hot seller. Honestly that's how I'd go if I did a black car like that almost without question. If the car was a touring I'd be going in a different direction but for yours, and the marketplace, vader look always wins.
Originally Posted by NS2 Media
Let us know if you need any help visualizing any Exclusive options and we'd love to assist!
I have thought about it and am going black exterior with one of the two options below:

Option 1:
Black Exterior
PCCB
Black wheels with bronze lip separating the tire from the rim
Bronze dual stripe decals like the 911r or satin black stripes with bronze outline
Interior black with yellow stitching
Yellow belts

Option 2:
Black Exterior
PCCB
Black wheels with gunmetal lip separating the tire from the rim (the colour of the grey stripe on the first pic)
Gunmetal dual stripe decals like the 911r (same colour as grey stripe in first pic)
Yellow belts

Option 3:
Black Exterior
Standard red brake calipers
Black wheels with guards red lip
Guards red dual stripe like 911r
Interior black with red stitching

Can someone comment on the cost of dual stripe decals from a third party supplier?

Any thoughts or advice?

Option 2 is currently the front runner.

Thanks
Attached Images    
Old 11-13-2017, 04:12 AM
spydersmiley
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have thought about it and am going black exterior with one of the two options below:

Option 1:
Black Exterior
PCCB
Black wheels with bronze lip separating the tire from the rim
Bronze dual stripe decals like the 911r or satin black stripes with bronze outline
Yellow belts

Option 2:
Black Exterior
PCCB
Black wheels with gunmetal lip separating the tire from the rim (the colour of the grey stripe on the first pic)
Gunmetal dual stripe decals like the 911r (same colour as grey stripe in first pic)
Yellow belts

Option 3:
Black Exterior
Standard red brake calipers
Black wheels with guards red lip
Guards red dual stripe like 911r
Interior black with red stitching

Can someone comment on the cost of dual stripe decals from a third party supplier?

Any thoughts or advice?

Option 2 is currently the front runner.

Thanks

I like the pics. The wheels on these photos are in Titanium, though.

Best
Tobias
Old 11-16-2017, 03:20 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by spydersmiley
I like the pics. The wheels on these photos are in Titanium, though.

Best
Tobias
Thanks for the input Tobias. Metallic Jet Black with Titanium wheels with Titanium stripes is the front runner.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:22 PM
Hams955
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

You might consider black exterior; black wheels; PCCB; yellow stitching; yellow belts. The rest of the options are certainly at your discretion. The black, or lack of color, creates a stark contrast with the PCCB's. My .1 GT3 is spec like this and is very striking to others.

I don't know the Swiss market and what drivers want. LWB's are really popular but in reality the 18 power adaptive seats are much nicer and sell just as well in the US market.

I would encourage the long extended capacity fuel tank and PDLS with LED option in black if going black exterior.

For point of reference; my .1 GT3:

Best of luck!

- Chris.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:32 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Chris!

She is a beauty. The yellow calipers certainly do stand out.

I like this look very much, but I prefer some separation between the wheel and the tire, but this could be achieved with just having a aluminium/titanium lip or yellow lip to match the calipers for that matter.

They don’t offer the extended fuel tank on the configurator which is strange as that makes a lot of sense.

i will give some serious thought to the 18ways, especially on a touring car. The LWBs look great but not sure how comfortable on longer drives.

Black PDLS is a go for me on this spec.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by Hams955
You might consider black exterior; black wheels; PCCB; yellow stitching; yellow belts. The rest of the options are certainly at your discretion. The black, or lack of color, creates a stark contrast with the PCCB's. My .1 GT3 is spec like this and is very striking to others.

I don't know the Swiss market and what drivers want. LWB's are really popular but in reality the 18 power adaptive seats are much nicer and sell just as well in the US market.

I would encourage the long extended capacity fuel tank and PDLS with LED option in black if going black exterior.

For point of reference; my .1 GT3:

Best of luck!

- Chris.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:39 AM
Hams955
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks Chris!

She is a beauty. The yellow calipers certainly do stand out.

I like this look very much, but I prefer some separation between the wheel and the tire, but this could be achieved with just having a aluminium/titanium lip or yellow lip to match the calipers for that matter.

They don’t offer the extended fuel tank on the configurator which is strange as that makes a lot of sense.

i will give some serious thought to the 18ways, especially on a touring car. The LWBs look great but not sure how comfortable on longer drives.

Black PDLS is a go for me on this spec.

Thank you!

One other thing - front axle lift. Enormously helpful if you ever need to have the car towed. I lost a rear tire once on the highway that could not fix with the emergency repair kit. Porsche sent a flatbed truck to tow my car to my dealer. The front axle lift saved the front of my car.

Just a consideration.

- Chris.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:59 PM
DaveGordon
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Are you in Switzerland? A dealer here told me GT3s with Anything other than clubsport+buckets are very difficult to sell. Maybe a different story for a Touring spec - my conversation was before these were announced. He also said most people want the lift.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:01 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DaveGordon
Are you in Switzerland? A dealer here told me GT3s with Anything other than clubsport+buckets are very difficult to sell. Maybe a different story for a Touring spec - my conversation was before these were announced. He also said most people want the lift.
No, I am in the UK, but it is likely the same for non touring.

tourig can’t be had with clubsport so it might be different.

Quick Reply: Incoming!!! .2 GT3 and a GT2 RS... help with GT3 spec please