Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New (to me) 991.1RS owner saying Hello

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 11:59 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 210 Likes on 150 Posts

Simply stunning. Appreciate the perspectives.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:07 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 758 Posts

Thanks

Nice write up and beautiful pics.

Surprised about the ride.
I drove a 488 and my 2014 both ride harder than my RS.

Perhaps the rake is off?
Low in the rear and high in front, of it bothers you try setup perhaps.

Your exhaust is stock?
Because there are options to turn it to 11
Old 10-22-2017, 12:19 PM
RSUV
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Thanks

Nice write up and beautiful pics.

Surprised about the ride.
I drove a 488 and my 2014 both ride harder than my RS.

Perhaps the rake is off?
Low in the rear and high in front, of it bothers you try setup perhaps.

Your exhaust is stock?
Because there are options to turn it to 11
Yes stock. The sound is literally fabulous, the best sounding car I have ever owned (quite close with my FF and a prior 360 CS but I think the Porsche has it because it is so good from the inside not just the outside). The 488 ride can be slackened off so much that I can't easily believe the RS would ever be like that, surely? The 488 is supposed to be a softer car than the RS so its not surprising and I have heard that RS's are pretty hard going. Not unmanageable by any stretch because the ride doesn't crash. I did notice that the sport damper setting doesn't go that far beyond the standard setting either - like 7/10 for the normal and 9/10 for the sport. 488 is something like 3/10 in wet mode, 6/10 in sport mode and 8/10 in race mode.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:23 PM
RSUV
Advanced

One other thought, my car's ride height looks impossibly low. I don't think it has been lowered but if it has, that might stiffen it up some. Do you think it looks normal from the pictures?
Old 10-22-2017, 01:11 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Congrats on new RS
Old 10-22-2017, 03:40 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by RSUV
One other thought, my car's ride height looks impossibly low. I don't think it has been lowered but if it has, that might stiffen it up some. Do you think it looks normal from the pictures?

First of all congrats!

I think it looks OK. (Maybe mine is slight higher in the front.)

Posting my own car which is setup for the Nürburgring.

Old 10-23-2017, 01:32 PM
1pvr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful photos (some taken with a tilt shift lens?), and excellent write up. Conveys your passion for the cars. I'm at 80-90% on the Speciale...just need that next 10-20% by driving it.

Every time I drive the GT3 the sound puts a smile on my face. The shrieking banshee wail to redline is addictive. Fills the cockpit. I happen to love the transmission noises, but also don't like the break squeal. Goes away for a while after tracking, but eventually comes back if not frequently braked hard.

Thanks for taking the time to put your thoughts down. Enjoy.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:48 PM
RSUV
Advanced

Originally Posted by 1pvr
Beautiful photos (some taken with a tilt shift lens?), and excellent write up. Conveys your passion for the cars. I'm at 80-90% on the Speciale...just need that next 10-20% by driving it.

Every time I drive the GT3 the sound puts a smile on my face. The shrieking banshee wail to redline is addictive. Fills the cockpit. I happen to love the transmission noises, but also don't like the break squeal. Goes away for a while after tracking, but eventually comes back if not frequently braked hard.

Thanks for taking the time to put your thoughts down. Enjoy.
Have to confess, I have no idea what a tilt shift lens is! Photos taken on a Leica M-P 240 with a Noctilux 0.95 lens at 0.95 (most of them). I used very slight vibrancy enhancement and an adjustment to reduce the purple fringing these lenses create but the pics are very close to being unadjusted - such an amazing lens, makes even me look half-decent! Good luck with the Speciale search and hope you find as good as I do.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:21 PM
1pvr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RSUV
Have to confess, I have no idea what a tilt shift lens is! Photos taken on a Leica M-P 240 with a Noctilux 0.95 lens at 0.95 (most of them). I used very slight vibrancy enhancement and an adjustment to reduce the purple fringing these lenses create but the pics are very close to being unadjusted - such an amazing lens, makes even me look half-decent! Good luck with the Speciale search and hope you find as good as I do.
The Noctilux is an amazing lens. That shallow depth of field...wow! I have three old Leica bodies (two M3 and a 3F) and a handful of lenses from my film shooting days. Sadly, haven’t used them in many years. Always was a special event when I did, though.

Quick Reply: New (to me) 991.1RS owner saying Hello