Sponsored by:

Opinions Please on a 2015 CPO WP0AC2A92FS183709

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 09:05 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 425 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Riiiiiiight. And that's why it made it onto the Carfax report, for two scratches... That dealer is full of caca. You made a good decision to walk away.
Yea, I would think one would call their detailer to take care of scratches! Normally that wont get you a Carfax ding!

Originally Posted by sgroer
Are you aware of the engine warranty extension to 10 years / 120k miles for the finger followers? If not, please review the sticky related to this topic.
Yes.Just dont want to have to deal with having car likely laid up waiting for new motor or new top end. Do plan to track it. Would rather just go with the 991.2 solid lifters and be done with it, even though im still curious how the new motor supposedly does not need valve adjustments with the solid lifter arrangement.

Also, never resolved on this particular car was a the consistent subtle clunk when lifting off or rolling onto the gas.

Moving on to a 2018 hopefully.

Last edited by mchrono; 08-23-2017 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:51 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Thread update one month later.

Seems they haven't been able to move the car, although they have lowered the price. They now have it up on eBay and still are not disclosing the repair work:

www.ebay.com/itm/222599556670

Interesting that it does not appear on their website anymore, just eBay, so Im guessing they might be getting ready to wholesale it at this point.

I think if they get aggressive with the pricing, it will be sitting there a long time. Prices on the .1 seem to be dropping daily as the .2's roll in.

Any opinions as to what is current fair market on this car? Should I approach them again on this if I can get a smoking deal?

EDIT: just clicked on the Carfax link in post # 1 and it looks like they did bring the car to auction on 9/4/17, which was after I drove it and told them I was not interested. Carfax then shows it being back in dealer inventory on 09/12/2017. It could be that they sold it at auction, and the buying dealer returned it after inspecting it:

https://publish.manheim.com/en/marke...si-policy.html
Old 09-24-2017, 08:30 PM
JP Manor
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow. I saw this car at the same dealer a few months ago and asked about engine work as well and got a very similar vague answer.

I assumed they had sold it as I saw as well it was not on their site anymore.
Old 09-30-2017, 06:52 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

So I was driving around this afternoon minding my own business, and guess what I see driving like a bat out of he##!

Some risky lane changes and weaving in and out of traffic between 101NB Hampshire and 23N! The GT3 can sure move!

First thing I did when I got home was to see if it had finally been sold, and at what price.

Well, looks like Rusnak just can’t unload this unit. Still on FleaBay under their dealer’s account:

www.ebay.com/itm/222599556670

But consciously absent from their online inventory. I guess they will ride the market all the way down. Well, at least the sales people get to have fun driving her around in the meantime!

Old 10-01-2017, 04:03 AM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mchrono
Also, sales manager claims that finger follower problems were only on 2014’s, and Rennlist is wrong about any 2015’s being affected. This car has an “F” VIN.

They said they have no way of knowing if it still has original engine
Others have already commented on this. I cannot believe, however, how a sales manager at a Porsche dealership can lie like this. A simple engine vin check can tell if the engine is original.

You did good to let this one go. However, do not be steered away from 991.1 gt3 yet. These cars get 10 year, 120K mile engine warranty as others have mentioned. Prices have also softened a lot. My last check on Manheim confirms it. If you can source a .2 gt3, that's another story. Even then, I think .1 GT3 is a bargain now, given the revised engine warranty.

Quick Reply: Opinions Please on a 2015 CPO WP0AC2A92FS183709