Sponsored by:

Agency Power Roll Bar

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 06:49 PM
mdsarch
Racer

Received 170 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Agency Power Roll Bar

Does anyone have any experience with this brand? I would be using for DE and street driving only. Eventually I want to get GT3 seats and wondered about clearance. I looked into the Tequipment Bar but understand with my current sport seats I can't put the seat all the way back.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:28 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 968 Likes on 647 Posts

I just ordered one after researching various options but I have yet to receive it. IMO there is no point to install a roll bar or harness bar if you aren't running fixed back racing seats such as GT3 euro seats. I would just wait until you have the seats to get the bar. If you really wanted to get it in you could install it with the crossbars removed and I'd imagine it would not obstruct the seat at all.

The Agency Power bar appears to be basically the same as the Tequipment Porsche bar except it has removable crossbars. Also if you have a Bose subwoofer like I do (and you don't want to remove it) the only available new options currently are the Agency Power or the RSS bars. The RSS bar is at a similar price point but does not have removable crossbars. (Note that the Tequipment bar is NLA so only used is available if you can find one).

Some reports say there have been quality problems w/ the Agency Power bar but no one seems to elaborate or offer any specific information or facts, so one cannot draw any real conclusions. I mean it's just a piece of metal tubing, how bad can it be? If the welds are poor I will just cut and re-weld it. For less than half the price of other options it seems to be hard to beat.

Note that this is a roll bar that bolts to the seatbelt pickup points, it's not a roll cage so you can only do HPDE with it. If you get into club racing you will need a roll cage that is welded in or bolted directly to the body.

If you order the AP bar direct from AP they will want over $800 truck freight to ship it. You can get it from Vivid Racing in all colors for fixed $150 shipping, or from Amazon for about $1200 including shipping but it is not clear that you can choose your color there.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:54 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 245 Posts

Checkout Dassport.
Important features that lead to my choice:

2 piece construction for easy installation

Lower horizontal bar functions as a rear strut brace

Front attachment utilize the seat belt bolts to attach a steel plate that sits above rear sub frame, the vertical loop sits on top of steel plates, far superior to other brands

Location of horizontal bars allow full use of rear view mirror, some bars with a diagonal support bar obstructs use of mirror. Important if driven on street.

I did loose the Bose sound shelf, but I like the sound of my car, so not a big deal to me.
Here is mine installed.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:16 AM
mdsarch
Racer

Received 170 Likes on 67 Posts

Thanks for the info. Seems like the best option is to call Vivid Racing. Seems odd the difference in shipping costs. Once you get it installed, post some pics, if you don't mind.

Regarding the DAS bar, while it looks to be very robust, I like to option to still access the back seat with the removable bars.

Quick Reply: Agency Power Roll Bar