Sponsored by:

Brembo GT 350mm 18" Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 02:42 PM
killerbee
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brembo GT 350mm 18" Wheel

Like the title says are there any 18" wheel that are compatible with the Brembo GT 350 package ? I have tried looking but its not so obvious.

Thank You
Old 08-27-2017, 03:34 PM
killerbee
Advanced

This seems like a good starting point:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-rotors-2.html
Old 08-27-2017, 05:46 PM
Flewis763
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All 350mm brakes will fit under 18s with ease
Old 08-27-2017, 07:06 PM
RDS928S
Banned

Received 707 Likes on 316 Posts

I have 350 mm rotors with HRE 18's
Attached Images   
Old 08-28-2017, 12:23 AM
killerbee
Advanced

Sadly its not just the size of the rotor that determines the clearance to the stock wheels. The front caliper on the Brembo GT350 package is a bit bigger that the one shown in the attached picture. The caliper has an integral bridge and appears to be a bit fatter the the picture that was posted. I put my stock 18" turbo twists on to check and sure enough it does not clear the caliper in front, not even close.

Perhaps if I had dug around more I would have found this thread from Mikelly on 6speed:

"BREMBO big kit 355 MM brake kits. These kits are well made, massive calipers with additional bracing to fight caliper flex, and lighter two piece rotors. The issues with these kits revolve around wheel clearance (none of them clear the OEM wheel) and pad choices *(apparently there are few selections in compounds)."

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...h-fiction.html

I suspect that there are some 18" wheels that do clear. So here is to hoping......
Old 08-28-2017, 12:56 AM
Third-Reef
Three Wheelin'

Received 163 Likes on 116 Posts

I have those same brakes with 18" OZ Allegretias?. Light, fit great and look pretty good.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:06 AM
z06801
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by killerbee
Sadly its not just the size of the rotor that determines the clearance to the stock wheels. The front caliper on the Brembo GT350 package is a bit bigger that the one shown in the attached picture. The caliper has an integral bridge and appears to be a bit fatter the the picture that was posted. I put my stock 18" turbo twists on to check and sure enough it does not clear the caliper in front, not even close.

Perhaps if I had dug around more I would have found this thread from Mikelly on 6speed:

"BREMBO big kit 355 MM brake kits. These kits are well made, massive calipers with additional bracing to fight caliper flex, and lighter two piece rotors. The issues with these kits revolve around wheel clearance (none of them clear the OEM wheel) and pad choices *(apparently there are few selections in compounds)."

I suspect that there are some 18" wheels that do clear. So here is to hoping......
CCWs or Forgelines will. I run a Brembo GT 380mm on the front of my race car with 18" clear easily with the CCWs c14s.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:24 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 963 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by killerbee

Premium aftermarket wheel manufacturers like HRE and Forgeline will actually build any of their 18" wheel offerings around the brake kit that you have. This ensures that you get a wheel in the style that you want with no surprised when they are actually on the car.

PM or email me direct if you'd like to talk about either company and their choices.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...

Quick Reply: Brembo GT 350mm 18" Wheel