Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Will you tick the Touring Package option box for your GT3 order?
Yes, count me in!
36.07%
No, it's not a GT3 unless it has a WING!!!
44.26%
Yes, but only if it has back seats (or maybe I'll try to install back seats myself if they don't...)
19.67%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

GT3.2 Touring Package POLL (with POLL)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 01:46 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts
Default GT3.2 Touring Package POLL (with POLL)

(Sorry, mobile version wouldn't let me add the actual poll when I first posted this topic, and once posted, the site doesn't let me add a poll after the fact, apparently. So, let's try this again)...

Will you tick the option box for Touring Package?

Since this poll is made before the Touring Package is officially announced, let's make a few assumptions. It's...

- an no-cost option package, not a separate model
- no change to engine or suspension
- wing delete
- unique exterior/interior trim (chrome accents) and badges
- still no back seats
- avail w/choice of PDK or manual
- avail w/choice of LWB or sofa seats
- avail in same colors, but maybe one extra "special" color like night blue Metallic or other subtle classy color
Old 08-26-2017, 01:59 AM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 125 Likes on 72 Posts

I think you're confusing the issue with the "I'll add back seats" option. If you're going to do that, no need for a Touring variant, do it to a normal GT3.

I checked in at my dealer and it seems I'm further and further down the list as VIPs emerge and get given slots. I have no interest in actually getting one if it doesn't have back seats + manual + no wing so it feels pointless to push for a slot when nothing is announced.

Are people expected to just put deposits down all over the place for various descriptions of cars? Feels hopeless to me, since if the car I want does get announced I'm sure a bunch more "super important" people will appear who want one or the ADM will just go up.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:02 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

I need to tick 2 boxes.
- It can't be a GT3 without a wing.
- Would have to have back seats...

IMO, it won't carry the GT3 badge. Maybe 991 SC-T
Old 08-26-2017, 11:47 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 175 Likes on 100 Posts

I would only consider it over GT3 if the special color was free. Meaning if that grey leaked picture is slate grey and is free as opposed to 12$k PTS then why not
Old 08-26-2017, 12:04 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA
I would only consider it over GT3 if the special color was free. Meaning if that grey leaked picture is slate grey and is free as opposed to 12$k PTS then why not
Yeah, can see from your signature that you're into grey. Gotta agree, one of my favorite 911 R's of all time that I've seen is the Slate Grey "Steve McQueen" one here. An exterior appearance like this, but maybe with chrome trim around windows, silver wheels, and houndstooth LWB buckets would be just about perfect for the GT3 Touring Package. Basically a souped up 911_50.

Old 08-26-2017, 01:53 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 175 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis
Yeah, can see from your signature that you're into grey. Gotta agree, one of my favorite 911 R's of all time that I've seen is the Slate Grey "Steve McQueen" one here. An exterior appearance like this, but maybe with chrome trim around windows, silver wheels, and houndstooth LWB buckets would be just about perfect for the GT3 Touring Package. Basically a souped up 911_50.

That is a beauty btw my GT3 is brown not grey it is not a flat brown though so some people in certain lights think it is grey but when next to my friend's GTS agate grey you can see mine is def browner

Quick Reply: GT3.2 Touring Package POLL (with POLL)