Sponsored by: APR

XPEL Stealth?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 06:40 PM
sliollio
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnny2five
Brings up another topic...cquartz. I got cquartz a month ago on my wife's Macan. So far I'm not impressed. We've gotten scratches quite easily. For example, i lightly rubbed against the car when getting out of our other car in the garage, and noticed some fine scratches. Is this normal?
Hmm mine has done well, could be the number of coats applied, but I mainly had the c quartz added to ease in cleaning. It's great against dirt, dust, water, etc... The clear bra is more my scratch prevention
Old 01-15-2016, 03:39 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

My build locks in a week and I'm having trouble deciding on color.

I currently have GT Silver spec'd. I was planning on doing partial XPEL Ultimate (front bumper, hood, front fenders, etc) and Modesta, cQuartz or similar. But I recently saw some pictures of XPEL stealth on other cars and it looked pretty good. I'm now thinking of going down that route. If I do, I think it would defeat the purpose of paying $2600 for GT Silver, and just go for basic white as I've always like matte white.

The cost of GT Silver + partial Xpel ultimate + Modesta is about equal to white + full Xpel stealth.

Is anyone familiar with XPEL Stealth? How does it look in person? How well does it hold up? And lastly, am I an idiot for considering doing matte on a GT4? Be honest...my feelings won't be hurt.
If you like satin white, get it. But be aware that white actually shows dirt way more than silver. On the maintenance-side, you will spend more effort keeping your satin white wrapped car looking clean.

I think it looks great but I am not unbiased.

I didn't know Suntek has a matte version as well. From what I've read, most pay around $5000-$6000 for xpel stealth. I haven't received any quotes yet but figured I can find something in the lower end of the range if I tried hard enough.

I still have a hard time justifying it, but considering I would pay about $2500-3000 for a partial wrap plus modesta, this is only an extra $2500-3000 and I would have the entire car wrapped.
Find the right installer, not necessarily the cheapest. Someone cutting corners with a clear bra wrap will mean cut paint and distressed clear bra.

Brings up another topic...cquartz. I got cquartz a month ago on my wife's Macan. So far I'm not impressed. We've gotten scratches quite easily. For example, i lightly rubbed against the car when getting out of our other car in the garage, and noticed some fine scratches. Is this normal?
CQuartz gives additional scratch resistance. It does not make the surface scratch-proof.

Originally Posted by sliollio
Hmm mine has done well, could be the number of coats applied, but I mainly had the c quartz added to ease in cleaning. It's great against dirt, dust, water, etc... The clear bra is more my scratch prevention
Bingo
Old 01-15-2016, 03:55 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Opti Coat is a little better for year round driving ect.

Cquartz better for those that drive only in good weather and keep it in garage
Old 01-16-2016, 03:50 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

I have used cquartz on my 991 GT3 and also my boxster S, I too was disappointed with the results. I ended up with scratches on both cars within couple of weeks on different spots on the cars. I think part of the disappointment is the so much hype about how much this product is supposed to protect your car but as others stated, this product is best suited for cars that are garaged. Granted it did give the car a deeper shine, but its claims regarding protecting the paint is exaggerated. Better spend your money on film such as suntek or expel which offers you real protection with self healing characteristics. Really felt bad wasting my money on applying cquartz on both cars, but lesson learnt. When I got my GT4 I instead applied Suntek on over 50% of the car and couldn't be happier with the results. If I get some scratches I use hot water or blow dryer and they disappear immediately. Really impressive. Save your money and spend it on the film. Adding the coating on top of the film will probably give you a deeper shine, but honestly the film looks great by itself. Save your money. Mark
Old 07-28-2017, 12:17 AM
miaminice16
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xpel Stealth is the way to go

Doing my turbo S in agate grey with full Xpel stealth next week. Will post finished product

heres a GT silver I saw on you tube. Fantastic look and protection of the investment
//youtu.be/qsBzUR3cnrQ

Last edited by miaminice16; 07-28-2017 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-28-2017, 02:24 PM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I have Xpel Stealth on my GTS and love it. Here's a shot I took just now. Cloudy day in London.

Car is a doddle to clean and doesn't get swirl marks. Wasted money on Gtechniq Crystal Serum before which did nothing. Highly recommend Xpel Stealth. What sold me on it was a GT Silver GT3 - looked unbelievable.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:28 PM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Admittedly I'm just showing off now...

Old 07-28-2017, 03:08 PM
miaminice16
6th Gear

Originally Posted by MagicRat
Admittedly I'm just showing off now...

and so you should. Beautifully done
Old 07-28-2017, 03:49 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 443 Likes on 264 Posts

This is my personal opinion after having seen a lot of XP Stealth cars here at our facility. "Stealthing" white or black is pretty subjective. I tend to prefer the gloss-type finish. HOWEVER, "Stealth" on a silver car looks amazing. It has an almost sculpted finish that would look great laid out over the lines of a GT4.

-Andrew

Two prime examples...

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 07-28-2017, 04:13 PM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Agreed. Stealth silver is great. I think part of the variation in how black and white ones look is to do with the nature of the colour in the first place. Black and white can be either metallic or not, and I think Stealth tends to look best on metallic finishes because you can still see all the flecks through it. A straight-up matte black finish is, let's face it, a bit 2010...
Old 07-28-2017, 04:34 PM
LoneStarFlyer
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by miaminice16
Doing my turbo S in agate grey with full Xpel stealth next week. Will post finished product

heres a GT silver I saw on you tube. Fantastic look and protection of the investment
//youtu.be/qsBzUR3cnrQ
I would love to see Xpel Stealth on an agate gray. Please do post your results...very interested.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:56 AM
miaminice16
6th Gear

My 911 in Agate will be in surgery for the Xpel Stealth on Monday
Old 07-29-2017, 11:23 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by MagicRat
Agreed. Stealth silver is great. I think part of the variation in how black and white ones look is to do with the nature of the colour in the first place. Black and white can be either metallic or not, and I think Stealth tends to look best on metallic finishes because you can still see all the flecks through it. A straight-up matte black finish is, let's face it, a bit 2010...
As I posted back in Jan '17, matte looks great but being stuck with a matte wrap for as long as I own the car is a major drawback...

Last edited by BryanCO; 08-04-2017 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:57 PM
flk
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Totally showing off the Stealth GT Silver at C&C yesterday
Attached Images  
Old 07-31-2017, 01:24 AM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by flk
Totally showing off the Stealth GT Silver at C&C yesterday
Interesting, thanks for the photo. Where was this C&C?

Quick Reply: XPEL Stealth?