A GRAPHITE BLUE DROP TOP BEAUTY!! 991.2 Cab TechArt + HRE + TAG Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 11:28 AM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 388 Likes on 218 Posts
Default A GRAPHITE BLUE DROP TOP BEAUTY!! 991.2 Cab TechArt + HRE + TAG Motorsports

WE. LOVE. THIS. COLOR!!! Porsche's Graphite Blue Metallic is just amazing! Stunning! You can imagine how excited we were to work on this project with our customer. As you can see in this post, the excitement is still there!

It was decided that we would outfit this Porsche with a healthy dose of the TECHART Aerokit package. This included the front spoiler, side skirts, rear bumper side trim, rear diffuser, rear spoiler, and headlight surrounds for that subtle finishing touch. The TECHART Aerokit really elevates this .2 cabriolet's lines to a new level.

Wheels and stance are arguably the most critical part of any build. The timeless design of the HRE P101 wheels were selected in the form of 21 inches wrapped in Michelin Rubber. The more aggressive stance, is balanced out with a classy Brushed Dark Clear finish on the P101 wheels. We love how the finish really compliments the Graphite Blue paint. To dial in the height with the new wheels, and more importantly to make weekend cruises more enjoyable, the cab was lowered on TECHART lowering springs. Keeping the look cohesive we had the brake calipers color-matched Graphite Blue, from our in-house paint department, for a subtle touch of detail.

We are excited about more Porsche models coming to the shop in this color, and the possibilities of great color combinations with wheels. We also look forward to working with the 991.2 platform a lot more.

2017 Porsche 991.2 C2 Cabriolet

-HRE P101 Wheels in 21" finished in Brushed Dark Clear
-Michelin 255/30/21 & 305/25/21 Tires
-TechArt Front Lip Spoiler
-TechArt Headlight Surrounds
-TechArt Side Skirt Pair
-TechArt Rear Bumper Side Trim
-TechArt Rear Diffusor (for Standard Exhaust)
-TechArt Type 1 Rear Spoiler
-TechArt Lowering Springs
-TAG Motorsports Painted Graphite Blue Calipers
-GIAC ECU Upgrade

If you have any questions please feel free to PM, give us a call or click Here to shoot us an email.

web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: sales@tagmotorsports.com
Authorized Dealer For: HRE, Vossen, TechArt, AWE, Bilstien, KW, Akrapovic, Capristo, Fabspseed, BBI, Vorsteiner, Milltek, 1016 Industries, BBS, Brembo, GMG, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

TechArt & AWE Tuning's #1 Volume Dealer Nationwide

Last edited by TAGMotorsports; 05-30-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:32 AM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 739 Likes on 403 Posts

Wow fantastic.
Old 05-30-2017, 12:14 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Beautiful! Love this color as well... both under the bright outdoors or indoor lighting.
Old 05-30-2017, 12:46 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Beautiful car and I'm considering that rear diffuser myself.

The fitment of the side skirts and front lip look a little suspect... would not be acceptable quality on my car. Who did the install?
Old 05-30-2017, 02:45 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Beautiful car and I'm considering that rear diffuser myself.

The fitment of the side skirts and front lip look a little suspect... would not be acceptable quality on my car. Who did the install?
Its a beautiful rear diffuser. It really looks great for the non PSE cars.

So basically the side skirts and the front lip fit perfectly on there. Often times people comment on the line on the side skirt that doesnt follow the line of the door however it follows the level line on the side of the car. We have done about 25 installs here of the TechArt Aerokit and are VERY comfortable with them and they fit 99.9%.
Old 05-30-2017, 03:00 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bossing
Beautiful! Love this color as well... both under the bright outdoors or indoor lighting.
I second that - mate it to the CHALK interior and WOW!
Old 05-30-2017, 11:01 PM
NOSUB2T
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

Wow... nice
Old 05-30-2017, 11:06 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by TAGMotorsports
Its a beautiful rear diffuser. It really looks great for the non PSE cars.

So basically the side skirts and the front lip fit perfectly on there. Often times people comment on the line on the side skirt that doesnt follow the line of the door however it follows the level line on the side of the car. We have done about 25 installs here of the TechArt Aerokit and are VERY comfortable with them and they fit 99.9%.
here are some highlights of what concern me:
Old 05-30-2017, 11:23 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 739 Likes on 403 Posts

@r rated. I didn't notice anything until you said something. Then I wanted to look closer and you are correct. Obviously pics can distort but for me this is what stood out. I have to assume there is some sort of "gasket" like material and it appears uneven.
Name:  IMG_0125.PNG
Views: 1797
Size:  3.78 MB
Old 05-31-2017, 12:29 AM
991 Dreamer
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=TAGMotorsports;14221075]the car is beautiful! It would have been nice to show a before and after also, so we could compare with stock. Great look.
Old 05-31-2017, 04:29 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by goin2drt
@r rated. I didn't notice anything until you said something. Then I wanted to look closer and you are correct. Obviously pics can distort but for me this is what stood out. I have to assume there is some sort of "gasket" like material and it appears uneven.
Attachment 1171171
that's right and all the way to the edge on the drivers side.

As someone that's does body kits in the past (all ways "name brand") I am always Leary of fit. Price is no discriminator either. No excuses when you can tell from marketing pictures which should be a best case scenario.

Not trying to poke a sponsor... but these pics look awesome from a distance however the parts aren't oem quality... which should be expected at this price point. Either that or a subpar install.

another example:
Old 05-31-2017, 08:20 AM
JPJRJR70
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Absolutely beautiful! What a piece of art! I know the guys from TAG very well, being working with them for a couple of years, I would say it's a TechArt issue. I'm sure the guy that just picked this up didn't notice it. Personally I only noticed because of close ups. The guys at TAG are really meticulous about there work and how they deliver a car.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:00 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by JPJRJR70
Absolutely beautiful! What a piece of art! I know the guys from TAG very well, being working with them for a couple of years, I would say it's a TechArt issue. I'm sure the guy that just picked this up didn't notice it. Personally I only noticed because of close ups. The guys at TAG are really meticulous about there work and how they deliver a car.
sorry but if they were meticulous then why use a car with these flaws for marketing? Either they are not meticulous, the parts are crap or they just don't care.... I've seen a lot of their work(online) and most looks much, much better. Marketing cars are typically the best and if this is the best then average must really be s h i t.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:28 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

So I am not sure if you guys know this but the TechArt parts are pieces that lay over the OEM parts. With the front lip and side skirts, they have a bit of overhang where it meets the side of the bumper/fender. That accounts for variances between cars and bumpers which makes sure that the front lip actually fits correctly. On this particular car, just like we do all our others, we had a small bit of seam seal to close the gap and make it look clean. Unfortunately for the sake of time, we had the final detail completed (cleaning that black seam seal) after the photo shoot was done as we wanted to complete the vehicle before our deadline and delivery date.

Here is an image of the TechArt cars.

Now compared to another TechART car we have done.

All this being said - we ARE the #1 TechArt dealer in the country with more TechArt Installations than anywhere else in North America, so we know the product and have been trained by the staff. Perfection is our priority, and as many customers here on RENNLIST will vouch, we dont cut corners. Its done correct the first time.

If anyone has ANY questions - please call me directly at 877-523-6747

Last edited by TAGMotorsports; 06-01-2017 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:00 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,598 Likes on 2,341 Posts

those HRE's are stunning, what's the comparative weights of 20" vs 21"???

Quick Reply: A GRAPHITE BLUE DROP TOP BEAUTY!! 991.2 Cab TechArt + HRE + TAG Motorsports