Sponsored by:

HiFi Door Panel Q

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 02:07 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 125 Posts
Default HiFi Door Panel Q

I recently installed new speakers in place of the hifi speaker box. I reused the hifi panel to cover the speakers but notice that when I close the door the top part (blue circled area) pops out a little since there isn't a way to secure that part of the panel (screws are only along the bottom). Any of you guys find a way to better secure this and keep it from moving?

Old 05-16-2017, 04:30 PM
Shahrams
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If i remeber right there is a mounting plate between the door handle and the top part of the speacker panel. I had the same issue like you and recognized that I have forgotten to install that mounting plate.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:29 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Shahrams
If i remeber right there is a mounting plate between the door handle and the top part of the speacker panel. I had the same issue like you and recognized that I have forgotten to install that mounting plate.
how does the mounting plate attached to the hifi enclosure? Do you have a part number or pics by chance? I don't see any empty screw holes.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:20 AM
luckyJ
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

there should be two little teeth sticking out from the top of the hifi panel...these slide under the armrest that is circled in blue in your picture...sometimes the teeth shorten because of wear/age and this will cause the panel to "pop" loose/out...I wrapped some electrical tape on one of my tooth and it helped make the fitting snug....
Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2021, 03:29 PM
bob-socal
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing better these days ???
Old 04-26-2021, 05:55 PM
paranoidandroid
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by GBX
how does the mounting plate attached to the hifi enclosure? Do you have a part number or pics by chance? I don't see any empty screw holes.
The mounting plate does not attach to the hifi enclosure. Its held by 2 screws and attaches to the door handle itself. Part number is 99355569700.

I found that when reinstalling the panel, i had to push it up against the door handle to get it to 'catch' to the two teeth in luckyJ's picture.

Quick Reply: HiFi Door Panel Q