Sponsored by:

Arena Red C2S Split Grill Deck Lid for Trade

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 04:08 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 397 Posts
Default Arena Red C2S Split Grill Deck Lid for Trade

I finally sourced a split grill decklid for my zenith blue C2S. It's a low mileage arena red decklid. It's in great shape aside from a few light scratches that look like they buff right out. Before I go media blasting perfectly good factory paint, just wanted to reach out to the Forum to see if anyone wants an arena red lid and has a split grill lid to trade. If you're local I'd be happy to trade. I know it's a long shot and I'm not expecting to find a zenith blue decklid, but it just seems a shame to respray a perfectly good decklid. At least one of us might be able to avoid a costly respray. Trades only please, this is not for sale. Let me know as she's going to the paint shop on Monday otherwise.

Jim

Up for trade
Old 10-28-2016, 09:34 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 74 Posts

The grilles are interchangeable I believe? No need to paint the spoiler or deck lid.
Attached Images  
Old 10-28-2016, 09:41 PM
Gbos1
Rennlist Member

Received 764 Likes on 536 Posts

Originally Posted by Cemoto
The grilles are interchangeable I believe? No need to paint the spoiler or deck lid.
He needs a Zenith Blue one.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:53 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 74 Posts

The only item that would need to be painted is the split grille as the grilles are interchangeable. No need to strip the AR deck lid . He already has a blue deck lid and spoiler.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:26 PM
Gbos1
Rennlist Member

The only item that would need to be painted is the split grille as the grilles are interchangeable. No need to strip the AR deck lid . He already has a blue deck lid and spoiler.
Ah.... I gotcha! My bad. Good point!
Old 10-28-2016, 10:27 PM
u7t2p7
Banned

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Nope; Jim has the Aero II fixed spoiler. He needs the entire unit.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:39 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Thanks Guys. Yep, there's no converting this Aero II. The car came from the factory with the Aero II, so I'd also like to keep that lid intact. It belongs to the car.

Aero II
Old 10-29-2016, 08:50 AM
Gbos1
Rennlist Member

Funny and I just converted my C4S to the Aero Kit II. Came with the OEM Motorized Deck Lid. I sourced a OEM Porsche Turbo S Spoiler and Purchased the Front Lip from Porsche. I just think the Aero Kit II makes the car since it's a WB. Just my opinion. The spoiler is a real piece of art. My emblems aren't correct and the Body Shop screwed up. Going to Porsche next week to have new ones installed and properly placed at the Body Shop's expense! My "S" is hanging by a thread! I am obviously retaining my original deck lid so it can be easily converted back. Good luck!
Attached Images  
Old 10-29-2016, 04:23 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gbos1
Funny and I just converted my C4S to the Aero Kit II. Came with the OEM Motorized Deck Lid. I sourced a OEM Porsche Turbo S Spoiler and Purchased the Front Lip from Porsche. I just think the Aero Kit II makes the car since it's a WB. Just my opinion. The spoiler is a real piece of art. My emblems aren't correct and the Body Shop screwed up. Going to Porsche next week to have new ones installed and properly placed at the Body Shop's expense! My "S" is hanging by a thread! I am obviously retaining my original deck lid so it can be easily converted back. Good luck!
LOL GBos1. "One man gathers what another man spills."

The look of the Aero Kit II has grown on me, but I already run with a GT2 wing on my other 993. The zenith is the garage queen, and I think the split grill will flatter her wide hips. Decklids are easy to swap on and off, and the Aero Kit will be waiting patiently in the basement.

Beautiful car you have there, and very "cool" plate.

Cheers!
Old 10-29-2016, 10:14 PM
PRSWILL
Rennlist Member

Received 468 Likes on 307 Posts

If you decide to sell it, let me know -
Old 10-29-2016, 11:12 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxman
I think the split grill will flatter her wide hips.
Absolutely and show's off the sport seats too. The split grill just gives such a nice clean look. On darker color cars the spoiler blends in better, lighter colors etc it seems to look like something stuck on messing up the clean lines.

If the turbo didn't require a spoiler this would be one of my first mods.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:25 AM
Gbos1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Foxman
LOL GBos1. "One man gathers what another man spills."

The look of the Aero Kit II has grown on me, but I already run with a GT2 wing on my other 993. The zenith is the garage queen, and I think the split grill will flatter her wide hips. Decklids are easy to swap on and off, and the Aero Kit will be waiting patiently in the basement.

Beautiful car you have there, and very "cool" plate.

Cheers!
Thanks Foxman can't wait to see your "finished product."
Old 10-30-2016, 12:34 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,502 Likes on 1,062 Posts

Have you considered painting the grill section flat black? The one on my OE wing is this way. Avoids a trip to the paint shop as high heat flat black paint is a Home Depot item.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:16 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Finally got the decklid back from the shop repainted in zenith blue. Very tough color to match, and thanks to Mike's Auto Body in Malden MA for doing such a great job on the respray.

Installing the decklid itself took just a few minutes. But getting all the bits and getting the spoiler operative was a bit of a chore. The decklid was missing the wiring harness. A big thanks to E30M3 for stepping up with the harness, as well as the light housing which was also missing. I also needed to purchase/install a control switch to replace the dummy switch.

Once I got everything hooked up and grounded (ground wire was hiding under the engine pad), nothing.... Then it occurred to me to check for a fuse. Sure enough, no fuse. I dropped in a 15 amp fuse and she raised up and down perfectly. Almost. The unit wasn't closing all the way down. Quick search on Rennlist, and quick adjustment of the down actuator, and all is good!

New decklid installed

Wire harness installed

Control switch installed

Replacement light housing courtesy E30M3

Adjusted down actuator

Happy!
Old 05-04-2017, 03:11 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 461 Likes on 277 Posts

Nice Jim!

Quick Reply: Arena Red C2S Split Grill Deck Lid for Trade