996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

C2 tiptronic work in a C4?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 06:18 PM
squawbum
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just heard from Dirk as he just got done tearing apart my transmission. He reported that the K2 piston popped out and that caused the K2 clutches to be burnt out and it led to the transmission failure.

He is rebuilding it now. Getting new everything. New Valve body, clutches, seals, etc. it's going to be a like new transmission when he is done and they'll deliver it back to me on Monday. I can't wait to put it back in and start having some top down time!
Old 05-02-2017, 08:25 PM
squawbum
Instructor

My baby is back from the dead! Rebuilt tranny is in and she is driving amazing again! I'm so happy.

Picked up the tip yesterday and my wife and son helped me put it back in the car. My wife was under the car manning the floor jack that lift d the front of the tip and my son was at the floor jack that was lifting the back of the tip. My daughter stood by getting us any tools we needed. Was a true family effort and despite all the yelling and swearing by me we got through it and had fun while at it!

it was easy to get it in. Slid the tip under the car and lined it up. Then get creative to get the front and back on the floor jacks. Then lift the back up then front and back and so forth until we had it lined up and bolted bottom bell housing bolts, front trans mount then top bell housing bolts then torque converter bolts.

Then em put everything back together.

Actually the the hardest part was the rear plenum with the flap. I finally got it in. What a biatch that was!

Anyways. So happy and I've put the latest spec ATF in. A little more than 9 liters.

Glad this is done!

ill submit some pics a little later.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:29 PM
squawbum
Instructor

All cleaned up!
The rebuilt torque converter

She is in the ground ready to drive!
Getting tranny up into position.

Quick Reply: C2 tiptronic work in a C4?