Does Porsche allow Bahama Yellow on 991.2 cars as PTS

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 01:04 AM
captainkirk
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Does Porsche allow Bahama Yellow on 991.2 cars as PTS

Hey,

Just wondering - I hardly see people having Bahama Yellow on their 911s.

Does Porsche allow this color as PTS or they kept it locked for the classic 1967 911s only.

Bahama Yellow is such an awesome color.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:46 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Signal Yellow is an approved color but the last time I had a PTS list (2/16 when I ordered my birch green .2 C2S) Bahama yellow was not approved and I don't think there was a feasibility check either.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:23 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Somewhere in this thread, I'm reasonably sure, is the answer to your question. If I had the time I'd dig it out.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...e-and-you.html

If you want a direct answer, you should e-mail Porsche North America. I think they have an address on that website, somewhere, for issues pertaining to "exclusive" this or that. I used it once and they were very responsive. I'm not sure this works now; but, it's the one I used

PersonalDesign [PersonalDesign@porsche.us]

FWIW, IMO, you're not going to find a better yellow than Racing Yellow - deep, rich and exciting

Just looked at Bahama Yellow and, to me, it's not a yellow. It's more an orange/yellow color, with a conspicuous orange tendency. Very distinctive..

Last edited by fuddman; 04-07-2017 at 12:30 PM. Reason: cuz
Old 04-07-2017, 01:47 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,058 Likes on 578 Posts

signal yellow is a much better color to my eyes. having seen an all original bahama yellow car...it looks like baby food
Old 04-07-2017, 03:07 PM
oolor13
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Looks a bit on the orange-yellow side:

Old 04-07-2017, 05:20 PM
Dangelus
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just ask your sales manager. Each dealership has the current list of approved PTS colors.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:44 PM
john weires
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I agree with C.J. I have seen Bahama Yellow and Signal Yellow side by side on 70's 911's. Go with Signal.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:19 PM
captainkirk
Pro

Originally Posted by djcxxx
Signal Yellow is an approved color but the last time I had a PTS list (2/16 when I ordered my birch green .2 C2S) Bahama yellow was not approved and I don't think there was a feasibility check either.
Signal Yellow is also a very interesting color.

Originally Posted by fuddman
Somewhere in this thread, I'm reasonably sure, is the answer to your question. If I had the time I'd dig it out.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...e-and-you.html

If you want a direct answer, you should e-mail Porsche North America. I think they have an address on that website, somewhere, for issues pertaining to "exclusive" this or that. I used it once and they were very responsive. I'm not sure this works now; but, it's the one I used

PersonalDesign [PersonalDesign@porsche.us]

FWIW, IMO, you're not going to find a better yellow than Racing Yellow - deep, rich and exciting

Just looked at Bahama Yellow and, to me, it's not a yellow. It's more an orange/yellow color, with a conspicuous orange tendency. Very distinctive..
Thanks for the info and the email contact. Yeah, I am into the whole orangish color than straight up yellow.

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
signal yellow is a much better color to my eyes. having seen an all original bahama yellow car...it looks like baby food
Thanks C.J. will be looking at signal yellow.

Originally Posted by oolor13

That is a beautiful car. Awesome pic.

Originally Posted by Dangelus
Just ask your sales manager. Each dealership has the current list of approved PTS colors.
That is what I am going to do this weekend.

Originally Posted by john weires
I agree with C.J. I have seen Bahama Yellow and Signal Yellow side by side on 70's 911's. Go with Signal.
I have to see Signal Yellow in person, it is quite comparable to some degree with Bahama Yellow. Very intrigued by this color
Old 04-07-2017, 11:41 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

I'm not a Yellow Car Guy, so take this with a grain of salt. Racing Yellow, Speed Yellow, Signal Yellow -- I appreciate them for what they are, but they lack... shall we say, subtlety?

But Pastel Yellow... There's a yellow I could get behind. Pure, dainty, subtle, like a good Banana Cream Pie.

Old 04-08-2017, 03:09 AM
babyjocko
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oolor13

It's a NYC taxi!
Old 04-08-2017, 07:04 AM
captainkirk
Pro

Maybe I should save up and find an original 1967-1968 Bahama Yellow 911. It just that the original one looks so good. The color really helps out in the vintage models
Old 04-08-2017, 08:33 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by captainkirk
Maybe I should save up and find an original 1967-1968 Bahama Yellow 911. It just that the original one looks so good. The color really helps out in the vintage models
Everybody's taste is different, but here's my personal life philosophy:

Bright, sunny Skittles colors look fantastic on long-hoods and still look great on G-Series cars up through 89, although the chances of finding a 3.2 in any bright color other than Guards is pretty darn small. A Jade Green 2.7RS is just a breathtaking thing. Mexico and Gulf, the various Signals, Viper, Tangerine, even Aubergine -- all of these would get me to pay thousands, maybe tens of thousands more for a long-hood or a 75 Carrera or an early 930.

Or a Miata. Or a Fiat 500 or MINI.

Something about the diminutive size and the big bold color just works together very well. And maybe it's even a "relative size" equation. I bought a couple of early Honda Elements, and both were spectacular greens (Galapagos and Kiwi.) But a more mature SUV like a Grand Cherokee or ML350? No way in hell.

Anyway, I just never bond with the modern 991 implementation of these classic jelly belly colors. I'm always happy to hear that somebody's PTS'd a unique color, but when I see it something just seems off to me. In the same way that in theory I love a 19" Fuchs recreation, but in reality my eye just can't accept it.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:53 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,096 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
I'm not a Yellow Car Guy, so take this with a grain of salt. Racing Yellow, Speed Yellow, Signal Yellow -- I appreciate them for what they are, but they lack... shall we say, subtlety?

But Pastel Yellow... There's a yellow I could get behind. Pure, dainty, subtle, like a good Banana Cream Pie.

Agree. I had a '97 PY that I regretted selling almost the day it drove away.
Pastel Yellow was requested and denied for PTS in the 991.
I went with Viper Green for my upcoming Targa 4S.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:43 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Everybody's taste is different, but here's my personal life philosophy:

Bright, sunny Skittles colors look fantastic on long-hoods and still look great on G-Series cars up through 89, although the chances of finding a 3.2 in any bright color other than Guards is pretty darn small. A Jade Green 2.7RS is just a breathtaking thing. Mexico and Gulf, the various Signals, Viper, Tangerine, even Aubergine -- all of these would get me to pay thousands, maybe tens of thousands more for a long-hood or a 75 Carrera or an early 930.

Or a Miata. Or a Fiat 500 or MINI.

Something about the diminutive size and the big bold color just works together very well. And maybe it's even a "relative size" equation. I bought a couple of early Honda Elements, and both were spectacular greens (Galapagos and Kiwi.) But a more mature SUV like a Grand Cherokee or ML350? No way in hell.

Anyway, I just never bond with the modern 991 implementation of these classic jelly belly colors. I'm always happy to hear that somebody's PTS'd a unique color, but when I see it something just seems off to me. In the same way that in theory I love a 19" Fuchs recreation, but in reality my eye just can't accept it.
Actually I agree completely. The 997 was too large and the 991 is far worse. I try never to look at my car too long in profile, only on angles where classic 911 design features predominate. But this is true for all colors not just the unusual ones. As nice as the old air cooled cars were they are unsuitable for modern traffic and their HVAC systems are equally unsuitable for modern duty. They are hobby cars which is fine but that's a horse of a different color.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:56 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by babyjocko
It's a NYC taxi!
or school bus

Quick Reply: Does Porsche allow Bahama Yellow on 991.2 cars as PTS