Sponsored by:

Interior lighting (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 10:22 PM
07CarreraS
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Interior lighting (pics)

I know the fog light should be backlit when the interior lights are on but what about the cigarette lighter button? Should that be backlit as well?
Attached Images  
Old 02-28-2017, 12:42 AM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

The cigar lighter is not lit - you are fine there. BTW your CDR-220 is not fully seated in the dash. It should be flush. The rear of the unit might be hung up on the little tabs L/R that help guide the unit in place. You may wish to press the rear of the CDR-220 up about 1-2cm while pushing the unit into the dash.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:49 AM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Default It should look like this

It should look like this

Old 02-28-2017, 07:40 AM
07CarreraS
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlaa
The cigar lighter is not lit - you are fine there. BTW your CDR-220 is not fully seated in the dash. It should be flush. The rear of the unit might be hung up on the little tabs L/R that help guide the unit in place. You may wish to press the rear of the CDR-220 up about 1-2cm while pushing the unit into the dash.

Attention to detail you have
I had Porsche install it and they didn't have the correct bracket to seat it in place so they are ordering one. I'm still trying to figure out where the bass/treble settings are and noticed the backlighting is not very bright. I figured the cigarette lighter didn't light up but just wanted to make sure. It's my first 993. I appreciate the help
Old 02-28-2017, 10:58 AM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 07CarreraS
Attention to detail you have
I had Porsche install it and they didn't have the correct bracket to seat it in place so they are ordering one. I'm still trying to figure out where the bass/treble settings are and noticed the backlighting is not very bright. I figured the cigarette lighter didn't light up but just wanted to make sure. It's my first 993. I appreciate the help
You are welcome and enjoy the 993! The original C(D)R-210 employs a cage which is mounted in the radio opening into which the headunit slides into. The C(D)R-220 does not require a cage ... it just slides into the bare opening. See the pic below of the cage which you do not need.

The reason why your headunit is proud of the dash by 2-3cm is beacause there are the are two small tabs or fingers, which are integral to the car, which hold the rear of the headunit up in position. If the dealer did not take care to push the rear of the HU up while sliding it in the dash, gravity will conspire to make the rear of the HU droop down and the Rear of the HU will hang up against those tabs instead of rest on top of those tabs. If you stick you head in the passenger footwell and look up, it will be apparent.

Also if you push the note button, yiu can control bass/treble. Lighting .... first you will want to make sure the dealer followed this TSB which connects CDR-220 to the ashtray light bulb for variable lighting.

http://www.pcarworkshop.com/images/8...2001_69061.pdf

Secondly, if you find that you are not able to read the display while sitting in the driver's seat then it is because the polarization angle of the display must be changed. This also affects brightness. See here -

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...e-too-dim.html

Quick Reply: Interior lighting (pics)