Sponsored by:

Bluehorseshoe's GTS Journal

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 10:41 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts
Default Picked up my garage queen yesterday

So I picked up my car late yesterday afternoon from ButziGear and I'm quite pleased. The car's nearly flawless. The non-metallic black is stunningly deep and mirrorlike. I am very happy with the non-metallic black and would only go metallic again if it were super special.

After several coats of Ceramic Pro (wheels too) I can't get it wet for a couple weeks (to be on the safe side) so I couldn't drive it today. A little tortureous because it was getting dark on my ride home yesterday so I really didn't have much time to enjoy, stare or take some proper photographs.

I say nearly perfect because when they went to peel the old PPF off the front Sport Design splitter it took off some of the clear coat. Decided to order a new splitter ($200 part from Suncoast) and have it painted and Xpel'd. Might go with Aerokit Cup one instead.

It'll be interesting to see how long I will be able to keep the paint in this condition. I wash infrequently and always do it myself using foam cannon and master blaster with minimal contact. I started using Kenotek Showroom Shine on my Silverstone M5 between washes and loved that product. The Silverstone was nearly flawless but on the black I'm reluctant. Anybody use this product between washes on black?

Here's a few shoddy iPhone pictures (from my poorly lit, messy garage) showing off the perfect paintwork and badgeless rear. Better pictures to follow just as soon as the weather permits.

Last edited by bluehorseshoe; 01-11-2017 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:46 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 262 Likes on 172 Posts

I'm temporarily blind from the shine in your photos so excuse all typos.

The car looks stunning, the curing period of 2 weeks will be difficult. Time to organize the "sad" garage in your spare time. I'll bring a bottle of scotch and garbage bags, pick the day!
Old 12-29-2016, 10:50 PM
Rambler_13
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

Wow Blue, looks spectacular, almost a couple shades darker than before! Must feel great to have it back. Hopefully the cost was reasonable. Will you be around Sunday to meet up with Bemo and I?

I wouldn't worry about the splitter, I consider it sacrificial. Replace after you've scraped it several times.
Old 12-30-2016, 11:27 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,607 Likes on 1,620 Posts

Nice job!

As for the detail spray...don't use it to dust off the car. Chances are you WILL introduce swirls. Best to use it just for a spot of bird poop.

Look up Ammo NYC on Youtube and spend an hour or so watching his videos. He's not far away from you in Westchester. You'll learn some good tips / techniques.

Best thing to do would be to just let it get dirty enough for a wash, then wash it.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:09 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Default More pictures

Well I got the chance to get the car out of the garage this weekend and get a few more pictures. Black is so hard to photograph. It was a rush job just before dusk but managed to get at least a couple decent shots.

Old 01-02-2017, 11:52 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 833 Likes on 459 Posts

Nice job!
Looks great!
Old 01-03-2017, 12:23 AM
BLAM
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks great, super finish. Especially love the no-badge back.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:49 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Default More pictures

I've driven the car three times in the past 2 months.

Ceramic Pro about fully cured at the end of this week! Can't wait to drive this thing again. Had some time this afternoon so I pulled her out of the garage to dust off the wheels a bit and gawk. The roads were wet and sloppy and the car is still so clean... didn't have the courage to go for a drive.

The amount of brake dust from only a 35 mile drive is unreal. Although with the Ceramic Pro applied to wheels and barrels, the brake dust wipes off fairly easy.

These 991.1 GTS centerlock wheels are some of the sharpest that I've ever seen. The design is amazing, lots of subtle details yet simple and elegant. And the flat black goes perfectly with the gloss black paint. (Although similar, the new Turbo S / GTS wheels are not nearly as nice IMO with kinda awkward design.)

Very happy that I removed the GTS decals, love the clean look. Love this car!!!

Anywho... Here's a bunch of pics taken with my iPhone.

Still contemplating the duck, but would NEVER remove this grille.

Last edited by bluehorseshoe; 01-11-2017 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:58 PM
GTOWN83
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Beautiful.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:12 PM
FiveRiversGTS
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks Great. I agree you have to keep the grill if you do the duck.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:13 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Looks great
Old 01-11-2017, 10:37 PM
Rambler_13
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

Looks great, and I couldn't agree more about the beauty of these wheels. I'm hoping the upcoming rain and warmer weather will clean up the roads enough to take mine out this weekend.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:44 PM
BLAM
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Car looks fantastic. Did you do that finish over clear bra? The Michelins look good also, better than PZeros IMHO, curb protector on the rears is a plus. They look a bit stretched as if you could go up a size F&R; might just be the photos.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:53 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 833 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
I've driven the car three times in the past 2 months.

Ceramic Pro about fully cured at the end of this week! Can't wait to drive this thing again. Had some time this afternoon so I pulled her out of the garage to dust off the wheels a bit and gawk. The roads were wet and sloppy and the car is still so clean... didn't have the courage to go for a drive.

The amount of brake dust from only a 35 mile drive is unreal. Although with the Ceramic Pro applied to wheels and barrels, the brake dust wipes off fairly easy.

These 991.1 GTS centerlock wheels are some of the sharpest that I've ever seen. The design is amazing, lots of subtle details yet simple and elegant. And the flat black goes perfectly with the gloss black paint. (Although similar, the new Turbo S / GTS wheels are not nearly as nice IMO with kinda awkward design.)

Very happy that I removed the GTS decals, love the clean look. Love this car!!!

Anywho... Here's a bunch of pics taken with my iPhone.

Still contemplating the duck, but would NEVER remove this grille.
Sweet pics Bluehorseshoe...looks amazing...I wouldn't want to drive it either for sure. Just the thought of having to try to re-create that beautiful shine would scare me too!

Do have one question for you...know from following your posts and threads that you were considering the new 991.2 GTS whenever it was revealed but went with the 991.1 GTS instead due to the NA and other reasons. What are your thoughts now of the new 991.2 GTS now that its announced and specs released and the configurator up too. Any less love for your black beauty now?
Old 01-11-2017, 10:57 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 262 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Rambler_13
Looks great, and I couldn't agree more about the beauty of these wheels. I'm hoping the upcoming rain and warmer weather will clean up the roads enough to take mine out this weekend.
We might reach 40 degrees at best, be careful out there.

Blue - the car looks stunning!

Quick Reply: Bluehorseshoe's GTS Journal