Sponsored by:

Vorsteiner 991 CF Rear Spoiler option

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 10:35 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 816 Likes on 452 Posts
Default Vorsteiner 991 CF Rear Spoiler option

Seen many debating options for rear end solutions for their 991's and normally the conversation boils down to ducktail vs Aerocup kit vs GT3 wing options..but I found another solution that was a bit less and to my liking. Had a '14 981S and sort of like the blended mini-wing that Porsche designed into the vehicle. Then also saw the new 991.2 sport design spoilers which look like a mini-ducktail [at least to me] so a bit more of a search led me to Vorsteiner's option. Liked the look and how it compared to the 991.2 sports design option but wanted to add a bit of uniqueness to my 991S. So instead of going with the flow and adding a Sports Design ducktail (had the sports design front bumper retrofited after a fender bender in Aug while in Vegas) or the full GT3 AeroCup kit treatments; I went a different route and installed the Vorsteiner 991 CF rear deck spoiler his weekend! Love the CF flavor and color blend it gives the car. Yeah I know it's not a duck and also not a 991.2 spoiler but I think is a nice compromise for the cost and easy DIY. PS I removed the Vorsteiner label this PM and put it on my rolling tool kit! Was a bit gaudy to me and unneeded. Cleaner look without.

Initial Impressions
Pleased with fitment and install easy enough although I went through 2 sets of double sidded 3M tapE. Saw some similar ones on ebay for 1/2 the cost but figured you get what you pay for and have had/heard of fitment issues with ebay knockoff CF pieces [from Asia mostly] so gave them a wide birth. Install advice to all who install exterior parts...test fit multiple times and when using double sided 3M tape pre-pull multiple portions of your tape [prior to final placement] to better insure the ability to re-fit the pieces if your placement is off by a few mm's. Also helps ease final figment once you finally are ready to place your part; then use masking tape or some other type of strong tape to hold in place while 3M tape or epoxy dries/sets if used.

So far I like the contrast with the car's colors [Agate Grey] and dark black moon roof and panels [also retrofitted] and feel they give it a nice contrasted look. Cold have painted the Vorsteiner piece but think the CF goes well and isn't overkill especially since I have the full CF interior in the car. Maybe CF GT3 mirrors at a later date? Have seen a nice set by MA Carbon as well as other bit. Additionally since I also plan to retrofit the black GTS engine cover grilles to the care as a future upgrade; that should contrast nicely also I think. Enjoy gents and love all of your cars!

PS...Great purchase experience and shipping w/TAG Motorsports (thanks again Alex - also got my Akrapovic from these guys too...awesome to work with). Belated Xmas/New Years gift to me!
Attached Images       
Old 01-06-2017, 11:12 PM
Mlbraptor
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does it fit even on all sides ? I purchased one about a year ago and it would not fit correctly ..
So I sent it back. I do like the look.
The following users liked this post:
napguy (03-28-2020)
Old 01-07-2017, 07:49 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Yes fit is pretty good and flaunt on both sides..took a slight bit of repositioning but edges are flush with less than <1mm to edge of spoiler on both sides. See straight shot pic from today.

Did I'd you buy the original confirmed Vorsfeiner part? I've heard some vendors and other online sellers are selling replicas whose fit and finish has at times been questionable. Thanks for the compliments! 😀
Old 01-07-2017, 11:37 PM
Mlbraptor
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes; I bought the original..
Maybe their quality control has gotten better.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:48 PM
LTP
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

love the look, do you worry about it ruin the aerodynamic of the car since it has not been tunnel tested?
Old 01-09-2017, 01:05 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mlbraptor
Yes; I bought the original..
Maybe their quality control has gotten better.
Yes I think there is another post by a member related to their rear diffuser and I think STG returned his due to quality control but others have been satisfied with theirs and it sounds like they've taken steps to improve their batch quality control.

Originally Posted by LTP
love the look, do you worry about it ruin the aerodynamic of the car since it has not been tunnel tested?
Thanks. Yes I like the look too thus the purchase. As for areo affects on the car; no worries or issues. At high speed over say 150 mph I'd wonder maybe but a 99% of the speeds normally are driving...I think I'd be okay and as they say a bit more down force is always welcome on these cars.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:19 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 453 Likes on 309 Posts

How does this spoiler fin attach? Does it have an adhesive strip?
Old 01-09-2017, 01:21 AM
LTP
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

is your spoiler symmetrical? I have seen one that the right side of the spoiler is lil higher than the left.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:38 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 09RedGTS
How does this spoiler fin attach? Does it have an adhesive strip?
Attachment is using 3mm Double sided tape. Comes with spoiler from Vorsteiner and is easy to attach.
Originally Posted by LTP
is your spoiler symmetrical? I have seen one that the right side of the spoiler is lil higher than the left.
No it isn't...symetrical fitment both sides. In the close up picture before final attachment I think in the post above is looks like the left side is about 1mm lower than the right side but that was before final taping at the bottom was done and during my test fit. First set of pics shows more the settled fitment where both sides are flush. Thanks
Old 05-30-2018, 11:25 PM
ZakAttack
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Attachment is using 3mm Double sided tape. Comes with spoiler from Vorsteiner and is easy to attach.

No it isn't...symetrical fitment both sides. In the close up picture before final attachment I think in the post above is looks like the left side is about 1mm lower than the right side but that was before final taping at the bottom was done and during my test fit. First set of pics shows more the settled fitment where both sides are flush. Thanks
Question, as both left and right sides are aligned and flush is there a gap in the middle of the spoiler? Almost as if it needs to be pushed right in the middle to sit flush with the rest? I am pretty sure it was a replica that had this issue where it is not all flush in the middle, sides were fine. Thanks for your input in advance!
Old 05-31-2018, 01:30 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ZakAttack
Question, as both left and right sides are aligned and flush is there a gap in the middle of the spoiler? Almost as if it needs to be pushed right in the middle to sit flush with the rest? I am pretty sure it was a replica that had this issue where it is not all flush in the middle, sides were fine. Thanks for your input in advance!
Yes both sides sit flush and aligned. No gaps at all. Purchased original Vorsteiner model not replica which have been known to have some fitment issues especially some of the Chinese CF components. But no had no issues with fitment and installation. Test fitted it a few times made a few marks with dry erase ink to ensure placement and added additional double sided tape to ensure it fit securely and viola! No problems/issues.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:46 AM
TwoBit
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been on the fence about this one, especially since I ordered the Vorsteiner diffuser recently and awaiting shipment. Do you have any pictures with the spoiler detracted?
Old 06-01-2018, 08:37 AM
ryoryo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed mine in a one of the best body shops here in japan. Rubber kinda thing between the spoiler and actual spoiler prevents from water going in and get loose in the future.

Car is pretty dirty now but it looks 10 times better than what it looks now
Old 02-24-2020, 12:50 AM
Porsche0911
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I have this and like it

Surprisingly one of the best features about this is when I am driving I now know when the wing is deployed. I could barely see it before and now when I look in the rear view I can see if it's up or not. I do like how the CF adds to my white 991S
Old 02-24-2020, 12:54 AM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 748 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Yes fit is pretty good and flaunt on both sides..took a slight bit of repositioning but edges are flush with less than <1mm to edge of spoiler on both sides. See straight shot pic from today.

Did I'd you buy the original confirmed Vorsfeiner part? I've heard some vendors and other online sellers are selling replicas whose fit and finish has at times been questionable. Thanks for the compliments! 😀
You drove the car at the Nurburgring?

Quick Reply: Vorsteiner 991 CF Rear Spoiler option