Sponsored by:

Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 10:41 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 349 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by johnbelk
Any way Jay can be refunded his $450.00 return shipping fee...taking into consideration at no fault of his own, that the wheels were not correct and the time it took for him to receive the refund...most companies would have taken the extra step... If you think about it, had this been resolved prior to Jay's first post...this would had been a non-issue. There's also the guy waiting on his $750.00...what do you guys say????
give it a week or so , they'll respond with some BS . even if the check is good, and wheels turn out to be forged, the dishes are done here and elsewhere .
Old 12-26-2016, 10:47 PM
MK_TT
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

edited

Last edited by MK_TT; 12-27-2016 at 03:09 PM. Reason: wrong topic
Old 12-27-2016, 12:26 AM
FLT951
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Delete? Isn't it easier to just "don't read"? Obviously, some people are reading this because they choose to. Obviously, others are being forced to read it at gunpoint(?).
Old 12-27-2016, 05:07 PM
garyever
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Race Tech Forged
RACE TECH FORGED would like to wish everyone a joyful and happy holidays!

Lets start this post by stating for the record that ALL RTF MonoBloc wheels are 6061-T6 FORGED aluminum. All spin forged or lathe turned parts are manufactured from one of two wheel forging suppliers BASED in Southern California (LINKS BELOW).

Forging suppliers for approxiamately 95% of the forged wheel market.

http://www.advancedstructuralalloys....tification.php

http://www.aluminumprecision.com/capabilities/

We'd like to address some issues which has popped up due to a report posted by Gary who has inconclusive information and his added personal side notes.

The test performed by IMR Testing labs in Portland, OR. (503)-653-2904 concluded that the wheels tested are in fact 6061. It seems that Gary whom commissioned the test, forgot to run the most important test, which is the “microstructure under magnification grain flow test" CLEARY NOT LISTED IN THE TESTS PERFORMED on page #1. Which if anyone wishes to contact the lab directly, please contact: (503)-653-2904) ask if the test is REQUIRED to make the final determination if the wheel tested is in fact forged or cast.

The stated grain flow report and figure #4 are NOT magnified results! The observation report is done by the human's eye on a piece of 4mm thick, aluminum cut from the barrel part of the wheel - not even the center where the failure accord (INFORMATION PROVIDED BY IMR TESTING LABS).

The word “CORE” in the report refers to the center of the rim barrel (4mm thick) which was cut shown in figure #4. (INFORMATION PROVIDED BY IMR TESTING LABS)

Figure#3 is the only test that shows a magnified image - IMAGE NOT TEST FOR GRAIN FLOW. (INFORMATION PROVIDED BY IMR TESTING LABS)

So we ask you Gary:

1. Why not ask IMR to perform the appropriate test to conclude if the wheels are forged or cast? You’ve asked the lab to perform 4 tests prior to your posts (Revision #4 results) the results you posted?

2. You commissioned a Rockwell “E” hardness test to be performed on the barrel part of the wheel which is 4mm rim barrel VS the center of the wheel where it failed. Why didn't you have IMR test the center area of the wheel? The tested part was requested by the client and not a recommendation of IMR, so, if you’re concerned that the wheels aren’t forged or want to know exactly what they are, why didn’t you test the failed section?

3. Why are you making comments and statements regarding a Brinell test, but you commissioned a Rockwell test? (Link below shows and explains differences in both testing methods)

http://metalpal.blogspot.com/2015/05...dness.html?m=1

Steps showing how a FORGED MonoBloc is made:

Video of spin forged MonoBlocs being lathe Turned before they get CNC milled out.

LINK TO VIDEO - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEPk4UxphdI

Video of a RTF Track Spec-5 getting cut from the FORGED MonoBloc.

LINK TO VIDEO - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYInhZuBE4w

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU TOO RACE TECH.

Regarding comments about the 6061-T6 metallurgical Report I posted.

Let me begin by stating that I picked IMR testing labs to do the metallurgical testing on my broken RTF wheel (that failed in only 4 days of track use) because they are the premier lab in Oregon that specializes in the testing and certification of aluminum and stainless steel extrusions and castings for the Northwest’s aerospace industry and is located in the epicenter of a casting intensive industrial area of Portland that employes more that 6000 people engaged in aerospace aluminum alloy casting and forging that feed thousands of these metallurgical type tests through IMR annually. I can assure forum members that they carry one of the highest pedigrees in this field. The tests in this report were suggested by IMR as the appropriate ones to determine what caused my wheel to fatigue and fail, the work was performed and/or supervised by the Metallurgy Department Supervisor, and then all findings were signed off by the QC technical Reviewer as is noted in the report, in accordance with their internal procedures.

The tests displayed in the report are:

Chemistry_________________page 1—-passed 6061
Brinell Hardness (BHN Equiv.)_page 2— failed T6 hardness at 82
Microstructure Examination-__page 2—-MgSi noted and considered normal
Grain Flow________________page 2—-they state 4 times in the same sentence, that there is no elongated grain flow in the sample , that the grain looks like “cast” metal, the wheel was machined after it was “cast,” and the wheel displays no signs of “forging". That seems to me a very "conclusive" statement of their findings.

IMR does 1000’s of these certifications every year, say they have done everything they need to do, in their opinion, to substantiate the process used to create this wheel, and are confident in their findings.

This whole reply from RTM is , in my opinion, nothing more than the usual shallow smoke screen that RTM throws up to counter a complaint. I expect to get a fake tracking number any time now. Race Tech can try and spin this all they want, but with wheels failing in four track days on my car and now 8 track days on the Brian’s, I think there must be significant engineering or metal problems that cannot be over looked. Race Tech can post pictures of their forged wheels all day long, their subcontracted machinists CnC machines, and sometimes phony return vouchers, but none of this means any of the 200 plus sets previously distributed or mine are any better than they test metallurgically before or after they fail.

I am still wondering what happened with those 1400, or so, “Aluminum Alloy Wheels” listed on RTM shipping records that were imported and delivered to RTM from South Korea in 2015?

And I’m still wondering why RTM won’t give me back my $4400 for that set of “track grade”, “100’s of hours FEA tested”, “weight reduced for track use”, mono block forged track spec 5, wheel set that only lasted me 4 days and has "no signs of being forged metal"? That’s $1100 a day for expensive short term use by my rough math, and RTM still feels no responsibility to do the right thing here?
I know you are having financial problems, but doing the right thing 3 1/2 months ago rather than continuing to stiff me, Jason, Brian, and several others I have in my file that are holding fake return vouchers and/or promises, would have been a real bargain for you, and is not likely to work any better in the future.

Note, that Brian (bhf_clt), whose wheels only lasted 8 days of tracking would also like to have his $4800 +$750 vehicle damage back too.

Shame on you RTM and have a Happy New Year while some of us are still trying to figure out what we are going to do for track wheels next season.(click the link below for the Lab report)
Attached Images

Last edited by garyever; 12-27-2016 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:40 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,789 Likes on 1,089 Posts

This thread is epic. Very sorry for the guys ripped off by these a55clowns.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:33 PM
c7z
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all the drama is going down here and there are other sites they are still trying to sell to such as corvette forum. they made a post yesterday. only a hand full of guys over there know about this.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:52 PM
Matt55
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...ew-orders.html
^^^
Still trying here also. What a s*** show! I also got screwed by these guys, will follow up with my experience later.
Need to download a video or two.
Old 12-27-2016, 11:06 PM
Mlbraptor
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Somebody needs to get a couple baseball bats and go track them down....
Old 12-27-2016, 11:26 PM
bhf_clt
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt55
https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...ew-orders.html
^^^
Still trying here also. What a s*** show! I also got screwed by these guys, will follow up with my experience later.
Need to download a video or two.
Thanks for letting us know about that thread. I just posted a response to it. We need to stay on the lookout for new threads and post warnings so other enthusiasts can avoid the mess we're in.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:26 AM
Race Tech Forged
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From the supplier unless you can provide 100% proof without a doubt of your accusations you shouldn't post false statements.

Have the proper test performed not the test you request and then post those results.

[QUOTE=garyever;13839965]
Old 12-28-2016, 01:42 AM
johnbelk
Pro

"Hello Rennlisters, I'm Mr. BoBo, RTF's Lead Engineer; please let me set the record straight!" "Here at RTF, each of our Engineers are highly trained, as a matter of fact we only hire Rockwell International Graduates." "The two-week Rockwell International Engineering Course held once a year in the Cayman Islands ensures it's graduates are ready for the many challenges they'll face."
"There have been many posts by highly emotional non-engineer humans questioning RTF's technical abilities..." "Please take a couple minutes to view just one of the many Rockwell International Course Films our Engineers have been trained with..."
"Here's one of our highly trained RTF Engineers, loading the specs for a new Corvette *Track-Wheel"

"The motivation for this new Corvette *Track Wheel came from over 10,000,000 hours of research and analysis...in order to produce the best *track wheel possible (*RTF accepts no accountability) ."

"We at RTF understand we may have overlooked our customer service...and we're so sorrrrrry" "To make things right, Gary, Jay and others will be receiving this custom RTF T-Shirt..." "Remember, humans are 98% Chimpanzee." "Again, please accept our passive-aggressive well wishes and a Happy New Year's to you all..."

Hey RTF, "LugNut" here...can I get one of your T-Shirts for JB and me?" "Oh-Yeah... "HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!" "Dog Kisses..."

Last edited by johnbelk; 12-28-2016 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Stuff
Old 12-28-2016, 02:19 AM
Race Tech Forged
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=johnbelk;13840903]

We are done entertaining the crowd on this topic. RTF supplied more and enough evidence proving the parts are truly 6061-t6 forged aluminum.

Unless anyone has actual evidence that the wheels are not forged 6061-t6 this topic is closed.

Here is the email screen shoot again from the supplier of the forgings.

OP has received his refund on 12-21-16 from a certified cashiers check. ( SAME LIKE CASH ) Documents provided in earlier post showing check was paid on 12-21-16 from Chase bank directly.

John for someone that has never even contacted or had any knowledge of RTF prior to seeing a the OP post you and the rest of the members which are now trolling, bashing, slandering a vendor & not to mention threatening other members via PM and emails are all in violation of forum rules.
Old 12-28-2016, 03:21 AM
JayinToronto
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^
But no answer to my question as to WHY you are not refunding me the $450 for the cost of sending the wheel back to you? If you don't want to provide an explanation to the forum, I'd accept an email or PM.
Old 12-28-2016, 03:26 AM
garyever
Advanced

Did any one else notice how many "maybe/probably/I would guess statements were in that "RTF. "evidence proving" statement of Kevin Black, all of which came to no conclusion?? Huh? Really? Is that the best you got? Go back and see how many maybe's are in IMR's report. And now, RTF has the arrogance to "deem this topic closed". I don't think so.
Old 12-28-2016, 03:33 AM
JayinToronto
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^
And for the record, despite what RTF is posting as "verification" I still don't have confirmation from MY bank that the cheque has cleared. I'll talk to them again tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000