Sponsored by:

Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 10:26 AM
johnbelk
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by atcbi5
Your are welcome but they keep picking on me. First and foremost. I want no conflict with anyone. But Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in! You have the power and could proceed with just two quick options; close the thread or ban me for life. Both would terribly destroy my fragile psyche and leave me scarred for life. Worst of all, the world of knowledge within this forum, would leave me lost and give no answer to my questions. What would I do? Ultimately it's up to you.
Old 12-24-2016, 10:36 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by atcbi5
Your are welcome but they keep picking on me. First and foremost. I want no conflict with anyone. But Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in! You have the power and could proceed with just two quick options; close the thread or ban me for life. Both would terribly destroy my fragile psyche and leave me scarred for life. Worst of all, the world of knowledge within this forum, would leave me lost and give no answer to my questions. What would I do? Ultimately it's up to you.
You actually missed a few other options, but, again, I'm going to ask nicely for you to please stop the trolling.

Thank you.
Old 12-25-2016, 03:24 AM
Race Tech Forged
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation HAPPY HOLIDAYS

RACE TECH FORGED would like to wish everyone a joyful and happy holidays!

Lets start this post by stating for the record that ALL RTF MonoBloc wheels are 6061-T6 FORGED aluminum. All spin forged or lathe turned parts are manufactured from one of two wheel forging suppliers BASED in Southern California (LINKS BELOW).

Forging suppliers for approxiamately 95% of the forged wheel market.

http://www.advancedstructuralalloys....tification.php

http://www.aluminumprecision.com/capabilities/

We'd like to address some issues which has popped up due to a report posted by Gary who has inconclusive information and his added personal side notes.

The test performed by IMR Testing labs in Portland, OR. (503)-653-2904 concluded that the wheels tested are in fact 6061. It seems that Gary whom commissioned the test, forgot to run the most important test, which is the “microstructure under magnification grain flow test" CLEARY NOT LISTED IN THE TESTS PERFORMED on page #1. Which if anyone wishes to contact the lab directly, please contact: (503)-653-2904) ask if the test is REQUIRED to make the final determination if the wheel tested is in fact forged or cast.

The stated grain flow report and figure #4 are NOT magnified results! The observation report is done by the human's eye on a piece of 4mm thick, aluminum cut from the barrel part of the wheel - not even the center where the failure accord (INFORMATION PROVIDED BY IMR TESTING LABS).

The word “CORE” in the report refers to the center of the rim barrel (4mm thick) which was cut shown in figure #4. (INFORMATION PROVIDED BY IMR TESTING LABS)

Figure#3 is the only test that shows a magnified image - IMAGE NOT TEST FOR GRAIN FLOW. (INFORMATION PROVIDED BY IMR TESTING LABS)

So we ask you Gary:

1. Why not ask IMR to perform the appropriate test to conclude if the wheels are forged or cast? You’ve asked the lab to perform 4 tests prior to your posts (Revision #4 results) the results you posted?

2. You commissioned a Rockwell “E” hardness test to be performed on the barrel part of the wheel which is 4mm rim barrel VS the center of the wheel where it failed. Why didn't you have IMR test the center area of the wheel? The tested part was requested by the client and not a recommendation of IMR, so, if you’re concerned that the wheels aren’t forged or want to know exactly what they are, why didn’t you test the failed section?

3. Why are you making comments and statements regarding a Brinell test, but you commissioned a Rockwell test? (Link below shows and explains differences in both testing methods)

http://metalpal.blogspot.com/2015/05...dness.html?m=1

Steps showing how a FORGED MonoBloc is made:

Video of spin forged MonoBlocs being lathe Turned before they get CNC milled out.

LINK TO VIDEO -

Video of a RTF Track Spec-5 getting cut from the FORGED MonoBloc.

LINK TO VIDEO -
Old 12-25-2016, 03:55 AM
Race Tech Forged
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation CHECK IS PAID

Jason the check was cashed and cleared on 12-21-16. Heres a picture of the check and documents from chase bank showing to you and the world the check was PAID.

Originally Posted by JayinToronto
It hasn't cleared yet. Will post as soon as it does.
Old 12-25-2016, 06:42 AM
c7z
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Race Tech Forged
Jason the check was cashed and cleared on 12-21-16. Heres a picture of the check and documents from chase bank showing to you and the world the check was PAID.

Glad to hear they are really forged.

Glad to see someone is working. Now please log into your emails and reply to people.
Old 12-25-2016, 08:46 AM
bondjockey
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Old 12-25-2016, 12:12 PM
bhf_clt
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

It's great to see your company is capable of writing and sending a check. So where is mine? On a separate thread that has since disappeared, you promised to send me a reimbursement check by FedEx for the damage done to my car by your failing wheel. Per your request I sent you the full quote from Porsche on 12/14. You have yet to reply to that email or send the check for approximately $750. I sent you a reminder email two days ago that you have also ignored.

Of course, even if I get that paid, I'm still out the $4,800 for your defective wheels since you refuse to refund my money.

So where is my $750 check??
Old 12-25-2016, 04:36 PM
FLT951
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TRF. Your delayed response to a lengthy discussion that you could have resolved long before now gives pause.
A few years ago a business associate of mine was caught red handed in his own bed with the neighbors wife. His wife and her husband standing in the bedroom doorway, having responded to a tip, heard this from my friend. "Geez you guys, give me a minute, I'll think of something!"
Your response is sorta like that.
Can you tell us one more time why we should buy your wheels? Crickets!!!!?
Old 12-25-2016, 05:20 PM
JayinToronto
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well those pieces of paper look very official. I'll be able to confirm with my bank on the 27th when they re-open. I'll let everyone know if this is in fact real.

One more thing Raz (or whoever from your company is in charge of posting to this site). Why are you refusing to refund the $450 it cost me to send the defective wheels back to you? How is this my fault? Why should I be out $450 for this fiasco? Please respond. Please. Thanks. Please.
Old 12-25-2016, 08:29 PM
johnbelk
Pro

"Hey, Bonzo.....Ed, here....yea, yea, yea, shut-up a damn minute, we got big problems... " "Remember your brilliant business plan...with what you called "a fail safe cost saving initiative????" "Well, let me be the first to say...you're one Dumb-*** Ape!!!" "Why???" "Because Race Tech may be in the CRAPPER, that's why!!!!" "Then again Bonzo, you did attend West Virginia University...so that may explain everything..."

"Ed, please calm the hell down!!!" "I have my good buddy from *Wells-Fargo Financial coming over to work out the details..." " Hang in there Ed,...for now just focus on the Camaro wheel sales..." "Yep, like taking candy from a monkey..." "HA, HA, ha, ha, he, he..." "Chimps Rule!! Bonzo Out..."

Last edited by johnbelk; 12-26-2016 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Stuff
Old 12-25-2016, 08:38 PM
Mlbraptor
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Puzzling ....
Old 12-25-2016, 10:36 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 535 Posts

Delete

Last edited by Alan C.; 12-25-2016 at 11:27 PM.
Old 12-26-2016, 03:05 AM
floridaBMW
Instructor

Good lord what a mess, really hope the funds clear.

If it were my business I would have refunded a LONG LONG time ago. It would probably be a good idea to practice "some" sort of damage control and refund his cost to ship back the defective wheels. If not, any defensive argument made on behalf of RTF is frankly meaningless imo.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:20 AM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to address those videos.

The First Video of machining the barrel only shows a wheel that has already been cut significantly as its a finished blank. There is absolutely nothing in the video to me that proves this wheel came from a forged billet.

The next thing I noticed is having done this work before is that your machine is too clean. On that note I mean your conveyor belt lacks any chips that seem to have come from the first step of machining. During the first process you cut a massive amount of the wheel away (3/4) when your forming the barrel and it causes massive chips to be displaced that come off like curly fries with jagged little edges that LOVE to stick to every surface of the CNC including getting stuck in the conveyor belt. The machine seems to be lacking any of these chips.

I could also mention the absolute lack of cutters for doing that work in the CNC machine turret but hey what do I know?

So I have to ask any videos prior to a finished barrel and or video of mounting the billet to the machine otherwise I still think your full of it.

-Your Pal
Fishey

P.S. The wheel will show forged metallurgy regardless of where the sample was cut from. This is absolutely true of a billet/cut style wheel like Forgeline/BBS/HRE/CCW. There might be some chance the barrels of a Volk Style Production wouldn't show forged metallurgy since they are rolled after the forging process but I find it unlikely.

Last edited by Fishey; 12-26-2016 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-26-2016, 04:25 PM
johnbelk
Pro

RACE TECH FORGED would like to wish everyone a joyful and happy holidays!

Lets start this post by stating for the record that ALL RTF MonoBloc wheels are 6061-T6 FORGED aluminum. All spin forged or lathe turned parts are manufactured from one of two wheel forging suppliers BASED in Southern California (LINKS BELOW).

Forging suppliers for approxiamately 95% of the forged wheel market.

http://www.advancedstructuralalloys....tification.php

http://www.aluminumprecision.com/capabilities/

We'd like to address some issues which has popped up due to a report posted by Gary who has inconclusive information and his added personal side notes.

The test performed by IMR Testing labs in Portland, OR. (503)-653-2904 concluded that the wheels tested are in fact 6061. It seems that Gary whom commissioned the test, forgot to run the most important test, which is the “microstructure under magnification grain flow test" CLEARY NOT LISTED IN THE TESTS PERFORMED on page #1. Which if anyone wishes to contact the lab directly, please contact: (503)-653-2904) ask if the test is REQUIRED to make the final determination if the wheel tested is in fact forged or cast.

The stated grain flow report and figure #4 are NOT magnified results! The observation report is done by the human's eye on a piece of 4mm thick, aluminum cut from the barrel part of the wheel - not even the center where the failure accord (INFORMATION PROVIDED BY IMR TESTING LABS).

The word “CORE” in the report refers to the center of the rim barrel (4mm thick) which was cut shown in figure #4. (INFORMATION PROVIDED BY IMR TESTING LABS)

Figure#3 is the only test that shows a magnified image - IMAGE NOT TEST FOR GRAIN FLOW. (INFORMATION PROVIDED BY IMR TESTING LABS)

So we ask you Gary:

1. Why not ask IMR to perform the appropriate test to conclude if the wheels are forged or cast? You’ve asked the lab to perform 4 tests prior to your posts (Revision #4 results) the results you posted?

2. You commissioned a Rockwell “E” hardness test to be performed on the barrel part of the wheel which is 4mm rim barrel VS the center of the wheel where it failed. Why didn't you have IMR test the center area of the wheel? The tested part was requested by the client and not a recommendation of IMR, so, if you’re concerned that the wheels aren’t forged or want to know exactly what they are, why didn’t you test the failed section?

3. Why are you making comments and statements regarding a Brinell test, but you commissioned a Rockwell test? (Link below shows and explains differences in both testing methods)

http://metalpal.blogspot.com/2015/05...dness.html?m=1

Steps showing how a FORGED MonoBloc is made:

Video of spin forged MonoBlocs being lathe Turned before they get CNC milled out.

LINK TO VIDEO - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEPk4UxphdI

Video of a RTF Track Spec-5 getting cut from the FORGED MonoBloc.

LINK TO VIDEO - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYInhZuBE4w

Any way Jay can be refunded his $450.00 return shipping fee...taking into consideration at no fault of his own, that the wheels were not correct and the time it took for him to receive the refund...most companies would have taken the extra step... If you think about it, had this been resolved prior to Jay's first post...this would had been a non-issue. There's also the guy waiting on his $750.00...what do you guys say????

Quick Reply: Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000