Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Silver Rose with side skirts

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 01:29 AM
beamishnz
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Silver Rose with side skirts

Interesting pic of a New Zealand new Silver Rose with factory original side skirts plus a picture of the original owner picking it up Jan '88 from the factory. The story goes that he arrived to collect the car and saw another Silver rose being delivered with side skirts and waited an extra day while the factory fitted them for him. Never seen another car with them fitted.

Old 11-15-2016, 03:58 AM
MockngBrd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kinda like that Targa with steelies (and that BMW 2002)
Old 11-15-2016, 04:59 AM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Ridiculous front reg plate.

Those side skirts are rare but not too uncommon either, though it's the first time I hear of them fitted from new.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:36 AM
catamax944
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Really cool vintage picture!
Never seen those skirts on a turbo from factory but they were standard on the french Rothmans limited edition n/a .I guess on request you could have them on any model.
Back then those skirts and the n/a slotted rear valance were accessories made by BBS for Porsche , later on everybody copied them , now originals are rarely seen especially the side skirts.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:06 AM
michaelmount123
Rennlist Member

Received 216 Likes on 135 Posts

I have a set of these skirts I'd be happy to sell. $125/pr. FOB.
MM
Old 11-16-2016, 05:55 PM
beamishnz
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Thom
Ridiculous front reg plate..
Those plates were known as 'Tourist Plates' issued by the factory for vehicles collected in person and used on the drive from Neckarsulm to Rotterdam before the long boat trip to New Zealand. when they arrived in NZ they were given more conventional plates.

This car is one of only 4 Silver Roses that were delivered to New Zealand, 2 of which were lost to race incidents and one that recently caught fire but will be restored. This one is a particularly nice one and with the exception of some LR paraphernalia and a new leather interior is very original. All original parts are still with the car and I have access to a nice condition plaid interior removed from a race car in 2002.

I have always had a soft spot for these cars and am very tempted to buy this one. 80,000 miles and comprehensive service history.

Quick Reply: Silver Rose with side skirts