Sponsored by:

Post Your 991.2 GT3 Dealer List Position Here

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 01:33 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 281 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by mass27
Ummmm - Hi I'm reality, have we met? Have you noticed the cars you own/have owned? Do you think that has nothing to do with why you continue to get more cars of that caliber without waiting? "Have fun on your waiting list?" That sounds conceited.

What I am still trying convey, although it appears to be futile, is how should a person who can only afford 1 GT3 every 10 years get an allocation.

I'll say it differently. There are many people who are not wealthy. There are many people who will never afford a Porsche. There are many people who can only afford 1 Porsche in a lifetime. There are many people who can only afford 1 Porsche every several years. There are many people who can only afford 1 Porsche every year. There are many people who can afford 100 Porsches over a lifetime. Now that we have established the wide variance of people and their buying power, the next is to establish that it is possible for a person in each of these categories are equally passionate about the Porsche brand. It is possible that the person who only can afford a Porsche once every few years is more passionate about Porsche/Cars than the person who can afford 100 Porsches. Therefore, how does a person in each of these categories buy one, especially a sought after one like the GT?

The answer is simple, yet escapes most people.

1. Wait
2. Get lucky (either financially or get an allocation from someone/dealer)
3. Pay a premium
4. Buy used
5. PAG changes it's model
6. PAG makes much more than demand
7. Economy goes down
8. Wealth shifting among the above categories

It's clear that their is a huge dichotomy between the haves and the have nots. Perhaps there is envy and jealousy. Perhaps the haves really love cars and it's their hobby/passion.

I am and will be in the category who can only afford a Porsche once every 10 years. I am pretty confident that will not change to be more frequent and will do my best for it not to change so it's less frequent.

I'm sure most of this is from frustration. Yes, I am frustrated that after 25 years of working, I am able to afford the car I have thought about for 20 years, yet the method to obtain this car is complicated, complex, and ambiguous.

Frustrated, but I do understand how and why. I also accept it. I have chosen Option #1 above.
You will get your car, these are not 1 of 1s. The point is that many of these waiting lists are pointless. Unless your local dealer is a complete douche, why don't you buy a car from them and then get on their list. Unless, you buy a completely loaded 911 Turbo S or old panny turbo s, you loss won't be the end of the world. Plus, you get to drive a Porsche
Old 11-11-2016, 03:29 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 284 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd
You will get your car, these are not 1 of 1s. The point is that many of these waiting lists are pointless. Unless your local dealer is a complete douche, why don't you buy a car from them and then get on their list. Unless, you buy a completely loaded 911 Turbo S or old panny turbo s, you loss won't be the end of the world. Plus, you get to drive a Porsche
Appreciate your kind words! I am fortunate to be surrounded by so many Porsche enthusiasts. I will bore everyone here with the minutia of my GT3 when I get it!

P.S. I live in southern CA, so yes, you can imagine the douche level of the local dealers.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:44 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 614 Likes on 284 Posts

Old 11-11-2016, 03:44 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Appreciate your kind words! I am fortunate to be surrounded by so many Porsche enthusiasts. I will bore everyone here with the minutia of my GT3 when I get it!

P.S. I live in southern CA, so yes, you can imagine the douche level of the local dealers.
Have you tried looking at dealers out of state? Stay positive, your dream will come true.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:57 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

You guys are hilarious...

And yes I have tried out of state. Full disclosure, the first question an out of state dealer asked was "do you live locally?" The second question was "do you live in CA?"

Our reputation precedes us. Sucks because I am a transplant here.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:11 PM
ChicagoM4
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys are hilarious...

And yes I have tried out of state. Full disclosure, the first question an out of state dealer asked was "do you live locally?" The second question was "do you live in CA?"

Our reputation precedes us. Sucks because I am a transplant here.
I can understand the "Do you live locally?" question since they could service local cars and have a better chance of selling more cars to you, but why the "Do you live in CA?" question?
Old 11-11-2016, 05:38 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Last edited by mass27; 11-12-2016 at 12:04 AM.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:00 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Come to Canada, we buy at msrp.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:36 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,101 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd
Not all waitlists are pointless, I got a GT4 allocation from an out-of-state dealer by giving them a deposit. My name was called and I bought the car at MSRP. Some dealers use and go by lists and others don't. You are lucky you don't live in CA where the dealers could give a crap less how many cars you bought from them because they will just sell the car to the highest bidder.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:39 PM
WildBill
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have good luck with wait lists at a couple of dealers and no luck with others. I've been #1 at one dealer for an RS for nearly 2 years with a deposit. Every time I call or email the SA he says I'll get the next one. I guess they have too many professional drivers and celebrity orders to fill before they get to the list. No worries, another dealer came through for me on their list. If that dealer ever gives me a call I'll place the order.

Last edited by WildBill; 11-12-2016 at 12:52 AM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: Post Your 991.2 GT3 Dealer List Position Here