Sponsored by:

Bluehorseshoe's GTS Journal

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 10:07 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Rambler_13
Is it ok to add the ducktail without changing to the sport design front spoiler? I thought that the aero of the 2 together worked hand in hand.

I love the duck but adding it after the fact and still having the rear spoiler lift system and interior button would irritate me a little.
We have the front SD spoiler already, standard on GTS.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:04 PM
Rambler_13
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
We have the front SD spoiler already, standard on GTS.
Yeah, I just realized that. For some reason, I thought it was different. Good to know now!
Old 10-27-2016, 11:14 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Bemo
Lookin' good!
Let's see if you and Rambler can fly as fast as Bee this weekend

JAM2 cheats and takes shortcuts when chased around Weston. Boo!
Someone just can't keep up...

On your 4 I would definitely agree with you because of the wraparound brake light. But on the 2 the GTS grille continues below the ducktail making it a little more put together. I think this will be an easy swap between the two grilles if I happen to change my mind.
Agree. I believe there is a blank for the 3rd brake light for when you add the ducktail.

Can't wait to see your mods in person.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:25 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 446 Posts

Stole these pictures. The nice one with the black GTS grille is from OMFS. If you have any more black or dark colored ducktails please post here. thanks

If you want to sell your GTS grille after you transition to the 3 slat grille LMK I'll buy it from you! Think both look great BTW.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:11 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Think I've decided to keep GTS grille, and keep the third brake light but disconnect and have it painted gloss black. (Stole this idea from somebody on this forum just can't remember whom?)

Please post pictures if any of you have done or seen this before. This will make the rather unsightly indentation look purposeful.

My only concern retaining GTS grille and installing ducktail is possible lack of air flow to the engine. I believe the retractable wing will open for air, and is not just speed dependent. Anybody have the definitive word on this from Porsche?
Old 10-28-2016, 04:23 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Think I've decided to keep GTS grille, and keep the third brake light but disconnect and have it painted gloss black. (Stole this idea from somebody on this forum just can't remember whom?)

Please post pictures if any of you have done or seen this before. This will make the rather unsightly indentation look purposeful.

My only concern retaining GTS grille and installing ducktail is possible lack of air flow to the engine. I believe the retractable wing will open for air, and is not just speed dependent. Anybody have the definitive word on this from Porsche?
That is the function on the 991.2. No worries on the GTS since it isn't turbo. Newer 991.2 has a duct under the wing to force air through the intercooler. That is the main reason there is no real sport design aero on the .2.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:04 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Thanks a lot Jimbo, that's good news.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:30 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Default Great '15 4 GTS for Sale Porsche Mainline PA if anybody's looking

7MT
SportDesign
SPASM
No Sunroof
No CL wheels
Rear Wiper

Old 10-28-2016, 09:52 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 260 Likes on 171 Posts

Still looking for a replacement?
Old 10-28-2016, 10:10 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Always looking 75 percent for fun, 10 percent to torture myself and 15 for real.

Not this one though, just posted because I think it's a cool spec and in case anybody else is looking.

I still look almost every morning (as I have for the past few months). Ideally for a lightly used '16 GTS 7MT PCCB SportDesign GTS Interior No Sunroof Backup Camera.

I will probably keep mine but if I find one I like a lot more I'd try to work out a deal. Long shot. Can't wait to see next GTS and GT3 (because it'll be offered with 6MT).
Nevertheless, I am very happy with mine.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:39 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

... keep the third brake light but disconnect and have it painted gloss black.
There's nothing wrong with that, but in the end you'll find that the blanking plate and the 3rd brake light are the same and sit in the same position. Of course, you don't have a blanking plate, so painting the light would save you a few bucks and the hassle of ordering a blanking plate.

My car came with a ducktail, so no grill. I added the grill, from Sunset Porsche. It comes with the plate. I at first was distracted by the indentation where the brake light goes. Thought it looked empty, like it was missing something. So I took my brake light and studied how it fit, and realized they're the same. When you're off to the side of the rear of the car, you can't see either the light or the blanking plate.

As soon as I realized that, my mind stopped thinking it was weird that the grill was "missing a louver" where the plate was. Haven't thought about it since.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:38 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Pit stop after a drive today in the pouring rain. Shocked to see how well this car handles, dry or wet roads. My M5 would be slipping and sliding all over whereas this remains very planted on soaked roads, very tight turns and hard acceleration. Can't see why 4 would be nescessary, unless of course you prefer the feel or plan on driving in the snow.
Old 11-01-2016, 02:33 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 446 Posts

Pit stop after a drive today in the pouring rain. Shocked to see how well this car handles, dry or wet roads. My M5 would be slipping and sliding all over whereas this remains very planted on soaked roads, very tight turns and hard acceleration. Can't see why 4 would be nescessary, unless of course you prefer the feel or plan on driving in the snow.
Lovely pic man. If you ever decide to part with your GTS grille let me know.
That ducktail looks lovely tho..GTS engine grille or OEM grille.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:27 AM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Default At dealer for rattles

Spent a few hours at local dealer this morning. Spending so much time at dealer early am for some reason brought back memories, old and fond, of past life when I sold BMWs. I knew I would like that job because I could spend hours in dealerships and not get bored.

After two hours neither issue was resolved. Reminded me how much I HATE bringing in car for service, especially for this sort of nonsense. Still have some minor annoyance coming from behind my left ear. Can't figure out what it is. Seat latch? They worked on seat belt area, said this was fixed but it's not.

The glass sunroof still makes the squidgy sound. They want it back next week to remove the headliner, claim that it's coming from loose headliner but I'm almost positive that' it's not, it's the glass itself moving within frame. I hate sunroofs. Time will tell. Overall, service dept was very professional, and felt like they actually cared.

They have 2015 GT3. Developing serious case of GT3, PCCB-no sunroof-wing envy! What a sickness. BTW, it had 18-way seats, same exact seats as my car. However, they fit my body perfectly and bolsters were not too tight, neither bottom nor back. Very strange, Hit or miss I guess.

Should be noted that, IMHO, if daily driving this car pay particular attention to seats. Getting in and out of 14-ways is simple (non-SPASM didn't hurt either) relative to 18-ways. They had an Agate 991.2 with 14-ways and standard PASM and it was near effortless to get in and out of; sharp contrast to my car with 18-ways and SPASM. The 14-ways provide little support but are definitely a more comfortable seat. Lots of room for improvement in the 911 seat department.

Also, had a white C2S (one of two 991.2s in stock). Not a fan of white but looked sharp with black glass roof and black wheels.

Also, took pics of next potential GT3 color combos GTSM or Agate with expresso/cognac or black/bordeaux.

Last edited by bluehorseshoe; 11-03-2016 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:02 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Seeing the "3.8" badging on the GT3 wing made me realize this. When that first appeared it was on the 993 RS3.8, which was powered by an amazing 300hp 3.8, compared to the normal 993's 282hp 3.6. (Hey, it seemed like a lot of power for a Porsche in 1996!) That car was never imported to the US.

But on later model GT3s, the badging seemed superfluous, sort of like Crossfire Injection or EFI or Disc Brakes or IRS badges still being stuck on cars years after those were no longer differentiators. And that's the category the GT3's 3.8 liter displacement falls into, at least with 991.1; 3.8 is just standard fare.

But now, assuming the next GT3 still has a 3.8 (or a 4.0), that will be a great differentiator, the largest Porsche sportscar engine, something to brag about.

Quick Reply: Bluehorseshoe's GTS Journal