Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by 0-60 freak
I will live through you guys, my garage queen says "no"

Old 10-25-2016, 04:00 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Cars should be used but I really hate it in the spring when the snow has gone but all the gravel is still on the streets.
The combination of gravel, soft tires and little insulation makes driving the car a pain.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:24 AM
Catmagog
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 6 Posts

Did another 600kms today on b grade roads. Car was stupendous. Drove my buddies SV Aventador and could not wait to get back in the RS

BTW: car has a full body wrap as well as windscreen clearplex cover and after a quick wash at home looks like it never went off road
Old 10-25-2016, 11:14 AM
speef
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
where's this picture taken? looks like Greece or Spain... pretty sure it's the Med... just curious... thank you and great pics of the purple car ...
Old 10-25-2016, 11:23 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,623 Likes on 753 Posts

South of France, near Paul Ricard.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:41 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by csesin
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I took the RS for it's first track day to Homestead on Saturday. Washed it up on Sunday and saw all the rubber marks on the rocker panels, front bumper, etc. Decided not to try to buff them out but leave them there. I think it suits the car just fine.
Cool! I was also there for the PBOC HPDE on both days... Sat-Sun in my RS. But a Focus RS that is... my uber car.

I know this wasn't Peter's (Trakcar)... so was this UV one yours?

Old 10-25-2016, 11:58 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Bossing
Use Mothers R3 or a 'racing rubber remover' equivalent... what also works is bug & tar remover.

Guys at that track used that and I couldn't find it at my local car parts store so ended up trying plain old Turtle Wax Bug & Tar remover and it worked perfectly on all the rubber and marks following a track day. Amazing how you can't get that crap off no matter what and a little spray, one swipe and it's gone!
Old 10-25-2016, 01:58 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 611 Posts

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I took the RS for it's first track day to Homestead on Saturday. Washed it up on Sunday and saw all the rubber marks on the rocker panels, front bumper, etc. Decided not to try to buff them out but leave them there. I think it suits the car just fine.
I love the rubber marks. Badges of honor. But hubby usually clears them out - he doesn't like 'em. Whatever makes him happy.....

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Another one from ED
LUV LUV LUV your pics!!

Use Mothers R3 or a 'racing rubber remover' equivalent... what also works is bug & tar remover.
We use Tarminator - available at most auto parts stores. Works great and doesn't harm paint. A friend uses brake cleaner which is effective but I wouldn't want it on my paint (he cleans his RS with it! - but then again he loves patina of use including rock chips)
Old 10-25-2016, 02:16 PM
csesin
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool! I was also there for the PBOC HPDE on both days... Sat-Sun in my RS. But a Focus RS that is... my uber car.

I know this wasn't Peter's (Trakcar)... so was this UV one yours?

Yes. That was me! Don't have the headlights or turn signals PPF'ed so taped them up. I think that pic is probably before the dang windshield got cracked!

Going back Dec 10th for the PDG DE. I should start making my way along the paddocks next time asking everyone if they are RL member/avatar/etc. I would probably have a whole group of friends I've never met before!!
Old 10-25-2016, 02:20 PM
csesin
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymission
Guys at that track used that and I couldn't find it at my local car parts store so ended up trying plain old Turtle Wax Bug & Tar remover and it worked perfectly on all the rubber and marks following a track day. Amazing how you can't get that crap off no matter what and a little spray, one swipe and it's gone!
I thought about getting some of that stuff, but wasn't sure if it would screw up cquartz finest nanocoat. Plus, I kinda like seeing some of those marks on the rocker panels and front bumper. It's sort of the easy way of getting the car to look like its got one of those wraps that looks like the paint was destroyed (forgot what they called it in other posts).
Old 10-25-2016, 02:37 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I thought about getting some of that stuff, but wasn't sure if it would screw up cquartz finest nanocoat. Plus, I kinda like seeing some of those marks on the rocker panels and front bumper. It's sort of the easy way of getting the car to look like its got one of those wraps that looks like the paint was destroyed (forgot what they called it in other posts).
"distressed"!
Not sure about how it is with ceramic coating, but seems to do no harm to xpel PPF.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:58 PM
IPSA
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 102 Posts

Yes. That was me! Don't have the headlights or turn signals PPF'ed so taped them up. I think that pic is probably before the dang windshield got cracked!

Going back Dec 10th for the PDG DE. I should start making my way along the paddocks next time asking everyone if they are RL member/avatar/etc. I would probably have a whole group of friends I've never met before!!
Some possibly good news on the helmet issue. The 918 tech at the Collection is doing some work on my car and we were brainstorming some fixes. I asked why everyone believes the leather cushion could not be removed from the top of the seat thereby giving at least another inch or two of rearward space. He fiddled with it and voila got it off.

I am going in tomorrow to see how much this helps but an inch would be great and 2 probably perfect. Stay tuned.

Quick Reply: How a GT3RS should be used