Wheel repair

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 04:13 PM
Atlas G Metallic
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel repair

Hi,

I have a 991 with 20" Carrera S wheels finished in platinum satin. During a recent service, the wheels were damaged with brake fluid and degreaser. It has been suggested that a local wheel repair company may be able to paint or powder coat the wheels to match the appearance and quality of the factory finish. Has anyone had experience with this? If so, we're you pleased with the quality? I am very particular.

Thanks!
Old 09-06-2016, 07:49 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

I've been extremely pleased with the quality of my total repaint of all four GTS wheels from black to GT Silver. My guy used the Satin finish clear coat, rather than the shinier finish that's on the GT Silver paint on the bodywork. That retained the dull satin look of the black wheels, which I very much wanted. So far so good, 3 months or so in.

This is regular automotive paint and clearcoat, like you would use for body repair/repaint. Cost was $1500 for 4 -- would have been a good bit less if I'd wanted one color, but I wanted black barrels inside and out, and that was a whole lot of hours of taping.

Your biggest problem may be getting access to Porsche super-secret Platinum Satin paint code. Details in my thread searching for that paint code:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9182...b5-wheels.html

Old 09-06-2016, 09:10 PM
Atlas G Metallic
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those look terrific! I am not sure what the dealer will ultimately offer to address the situation but I imagine it will be whatever is least expensive. This is my second disappointing experience with them in the last year. Thank you for sharing.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:19 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Atlas G Metallic
Those look terrific! I am not sure what the dealer will ultimately offer to address the situation but I imagine it will be whatever is least expensive. This is my second disappointing experience with them in the last year. Thank you for sharing.
Which dealer?

Quick Reply: Wheel repair