Sponsored by:

Trying to install spyder tails....

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 10:43 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,049 Posts

SSSSaaaaaaaweeet!!!!!

Great work and they look awesome with the car! Now, what you're next upgrade, hmmm???
Old 08-27-2016, 11:08 PM
JVannozzi
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by b3freak
SSSSaaaaaaaweeet!!!!!

Great work and they look awesome with the car! Now, what you're next upgrade, hmmm???
Lol. I got the fabspeed cat bypass Thursday in mail. Hoping to have time tomorrow afternoon to install. Have to go for Sunday morning drive in the Jaguar early first, then see how the newborn is acting for the day, if alllllll goes well, I will put the pipes on. I gotta change her oil too. I took videos for everyone today, to let u hear how it sounds currently with fabspeed headers, super cup exhaust and cold air intake, and then gonna take more videos of how it sounds after cat bypass is added.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:56 PM
cowboyzx6
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just installed mine yesterday. Such a breeze and they work without messing with any resistors.

Old 08-28-2016, 05:06 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by cowboyzx6
and they work without messing with any resistors.

That's because the resistors are included with the Depo lights...look for a small rectangular box attached the the back of the fixture. Looks good!!
Old 08-30-2016, 07:03 PM
Akshun12
Advanced

I replaced my side markers and changed them to the clear ones yesterday...first mod. I'm working my way around the car and will replace the tail lights with either Dectane or Depo. My question is with the brake lights...yes lights (plural). I have the aero package and so I have two brake lights...stupid I think.. What options exist for me to upgrade the brake lights to LED as well?
Old 08-31-2016, 12:44 AM
JimmyB
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Akshun12
I replaced my side markers and changed them to the clear ones yesterday...first mod. I'm working my way around the car and will replace the tail lights with either Dectane or Depo. My question is with the brake lights...yes lights (plural). I have the aero package and so I have two brake lights...stupid I think.. What options exist for me to upgrade the brake lights to LED as well?
I replaced both mine with LED lights from Amazon. Quality product, no complaints so far.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OE5SD9W/
Old 08-31-2016, 10:36 AM
Akshun12
Advanced

Got it...Thanks. Do you know if this light will also fit the spoiler as well so I can just get two of them and both will fit?
Old 08-31-2016, 12:51 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmyB
I replaced both mine with LED lights from Amazon. Quality product, no complaints so far.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OE5SD9W/
Do you have LED tail lights too? And if so, did the addition of spoiler brake lights cause and errors. I think others have reported that they had to add resistors after adding the spoiler lights.
Old 08-31-2016, 03:00 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by cowboyzx6
Just installed mine yesterday. Such a breeze and they work without messing with any resistors.

Cowboy - I can't quite put a finger on it, but somehow your car looks different now than it does in your avatar . . .

Old 08-31-2016, 06:30 PM
JimmyB
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Akshun12
Got it...Thanks. Do you know if this light will also fit the spoiler as well so I can just get two of them and both will fit?
I guess ... Certainly on my non-aero car both are the same.

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Do you have LED tail lights too? And if so, did the addition of spoiler brake lights cause and errors. I think others have reported that they had to add resistors after adding the spoiler lights.
Nope, not yet. If I decide to go that route I'll give the Spyders a try, I prefer the design. But for now I'm happy with the ones I have; I went with the LED third brake lights purely because they were cheaper than OEM.

They did come with resistors, although I haven't needed to use them. But I've kept them in case I do at a later date - install looks pretty simple.

Originally Posted by kcattorney
Cowboy - I can't quite put a finger on it, but somehow your car looks different now than it does in your avatar . . .
It looks kinda like yours though

Quick Reply: Trying to install spyder tails....