Sponsored by:

2016 GT3 RS build - opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 09:14 PM
Four Liter
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by phojes
Re. additional carbon fiber options - there don't seem to be many listed on the Porsche website (I see only floor mats & illuminated door sills).

Re. wheels - unless I am missing something, gloss black finish doesn't seem to be an option on the Porsche website...
the gloss black wheels would need to be done as a CXX option ( around $4800 ) just like wheels painted in any color . I like gloss a lot better than satin , but to the tune of almost 5K ?
Old 08-24-2016, 09:53 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by Four Liter
the gloss black wheels would need to be done as a CXX option ( around $4800 ) just like wheels painted in any color . I like gloss a lot better than satin , but to the tune of almost 5K ?
I didn't know that. Yeah, satin is fine lol.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:02 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Thanks all for the considerate feedback so far. Great that everyone agrees with me on the major items - I consider the other things to be minor details that should enhance my experience of an awesome car...

Re. steering wheel & shifter in leather - I like the Alcantara look but, as I will touch these 2 items every time I drive, I have a concern about how their surface will hold-up over the long-run in Alcantara (sweaty palms ;-). Is my concern well-founded?

Joe.
dude, wear driving gloves like all the cool kids
Old 08-24-2016, 11:25 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

If you're worried about your alcantara getting dirty, imagine what your yellow belts will look like after 6 months.
Im not a fan of yellow belts, which look gross when they're dirty...I paid extra for black 🙄
Old 08-24-2016, 11:27 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,632 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
I'm pretty much planning to just buy a new wheel every other year.
One year in with my clammy hands and it may go further than 2 years..
Old 08-25-2016, 12:09 AM
MJK-PurpleRS
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I WOULD DROP THE COLOR- TOO BORING- GO UV!!!!!- ITS YOUR CAR- EVERYONE ELSE CAN GO KICK ROCK'S INCLUDING MYSELF!! AS LONG AS it is Porsche-GT3RS its all good!!!! My UV just got to the Port in Georgia!! May Have by this Saturday!!!! UV-Yellow Deviated full leather,PCCB,Satin Black murdered out UV- Mad pics will follow-already having trouble sleeping!!sold my GT3 4 months ago!! Taking the bus or walking everywhere really sucks!!!
Old 08-25-2016, 12:51 AM
MS7044
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

My build pretty close to yours. I went with silver wheels
Attached Images  
Old 08-25-2016, 01:05 AM
0-60 freak
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

almost identical to my car, love the leather steering wheel and shift ****.....congrats! i like my headlight nozzels in black, matches everthing else
Old 08-25-2016, 02:40 AM
DannieK
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Nobody mentioned online services. I have no experience of this at all so I have no clue if it will be useful or not - anybody?

Thanks again!

Joe.
2016 and earlier Porsche On-line Services sets you up to use the AHA radio app. Terrific, if you want to find all the stations you've already set by satellite, local gas stations you already know about, and all the pizza joints that you already know are awful. Travel-to locations aren't much better. In other words a complete waste.

Dan
Old 08-25-2016, 04:09 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by DannieK
2016 and earlier Porsche On-line Services sets you up to use the AHA radio app. Terrific, if you want to find all the stations you've already set by satellite, local gas stations you already know about, and all the pizza joints that you already know are awful. Travel-to locations aren't much better. In other words a complete waste.

Dan
Although I had it in my GT3 and have ordered it on my RS, I have to sort of agree with Dan. A waste... but there must be something to it which I have yet to find out! That's why I got it.

Re Alcantara: I just like the feel of wheel and also think it's very "RS". I've got some Alcantara type fabric pads cutout with Velcro which are thin yet durable which wrap around the areas of heavy use on the wheel. It's helps keep the wheel pristine. Even with them, the Alcantara is actually quite durable and can be maintained easily. I would go for it.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:51 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lumber
If you're worried about your alcantara getting dirty, imagine what your yellow belts will look like after 6 months.
Im not a fan of yellow belts, which look gross when they're dirty...I paid extra for black 🙄
Yellow belts getting dirty? What are you doing in the car? Mine are pristine as day one.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:56 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 294 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Belt outlet, I would not notice myself, the rest looks pretty good
+1

Also, I have the Light Design Package and although it's subtle, I would get it again. Great build.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:58 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 294 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
Can you recommend a pair that doesn't interfere with eating french fries?
Old 08-25-2016, 08:23 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
Can you recommend a pair that doesn't interfere with eating french fries?
eating in the Porsche? Blasphemy! actually an important issue if you've never had an alcantara interior before, do not eat anything in your car, DO NOT Eat Anything, do waht Germans do, go into restaurant and eat there that is why they came so late to the cupholder game
Old 08-26-2016, 02:03 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by MJK-PurpleRS
I WOULD DROP THE COLOR- TOO BORING- GO UV!!!!!- ITS YOUR CAR- EVERYONE ELSE CAN GO KICK ROCK'S INCLUDING MYSELF!! AS LONG AS it is Porsche-GT3RS its all good!!!! My UV just got to the Port in Georgia!! May Have by this Saturday!!!! UV-Yellow Deviated full leather,PCCB,Satin Black murdered out UV- Mad pics will follow-already having trouble sleeping!!sold my GT3 4 months ago!! Taking the bus or walking everywhere really sucks!!!
OT apologies.
PCNA cars no longer use any ports in GA (Brunswick). They use Jacksonville (JAX).

Quick Reply: 2016 GT3 RS build - opinions?